• Last Updated:
  • Aug 7th, 2020 7:59 am
[OP]
Jul 11, 2016
80 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto

Friday Harbour Resort in Innisfil

Do you guys have any information on Friday Harbour Resort? My parents want to purchase a unit there and invest. They are thinking of putting the unit on for Airbnb. The units I have looked at are all pretty much booked for the next 2 months and were fully booked for May and June as well. I think it is good opportunity but was hoping to get more information from people who have more knowledge about this resort. My sister has a unit in the resort which she rents out because she doesn't have time to take of the airbnb stuff so she's pretty much just paying her mortgage payments but I think there is a lot of potential to make money by putting on Airbnb. The resort is actually beautiful. I have been there few times and although there are some restrictions in place, the resort looks pretty busy so I assume the demand is very high.
12 replies
Sep 16, 2009
658 posts
449 upvotes
AmirF665 wrote: Do you guys have any information on Friday Harbour Resort? My parents want to purchase a unit there and invest. They are thinking of putting the unit on for Airbnb. The units I have looked at are all pretty much booked for the next 2 months and were fully booked for May and June as well. I think it is good opportunity but was hoping to get more information from people who have more knowledge about this resort. My sister has a unit in the resort which she rents out because she doesn't have time to take of the airbnb stuff so she's pretty much just paying her mortgage payments but I think there is a lot of potential to make money by putting on Airbnb. The resort is actually beautiful. I have been there few times and although there are some restrictions in place, the resort looks pretty busy so I assume the demand is very high.
how are you planning to airbnb it unless you live around there?
[OP]
Jul 11, 2016
80 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
oasis2002 wrote: how are you planning to airbnb it unless you live around there?
I live about 40 minutes away. The resort offers cleaning for a very minimal fee which I'm going to use after checkout. Other than that if there is a need I can always drive there.
Sep 16, 2009
658 posts
449 upvotes
AmirF665 wrote: I live about 40 minutes away. The resort offers cleaning for a very minimal fee which I'm going to use after checkout. Other than that if there is a need I can always drive there.
As long as one can manage it remotely- could work.
Nov 25, 2015
33 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I have a Townhouse over there.
Its a beautiful resort and gets very busy during the weekends.
1 bed units are the most popular on AIRBNB specially with students from Toronto
Most of the restrictions have now been lifted.
During summer you can practically rent it out every single day but during winters you will only get weekend traffic.
See if it works for you.
All the best
Jan 30, 2017
676 posts
95 upvotes
Scorpio9 wrote: I have a Townhouse over there.
Its a beautiful resort and gets very busy during the weekends.
1 bed units are the most popular on AIRBNB specially with students from Toronto
Most of the restrictions have now been lifted.
During summer you can practically rent it out every single day but during winters you will only get weekend traffic.
See if it works for you.
All the best
If you don’t mind me asking did you buy from builder or pre owned I’m not sure what kind of property I want to invest in. I’m curious to see who’s building around.
Nov 25, 2015
33 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Mylocosta wrote: If you don’t mind me asking did you buy from builder or pre owned I’m not sure what kind of property I want to invest in. I’m curious to see who’s building around.
I bought directly from the builder. They do have units available and there are plenty in secondary market as well.
Jan 30, 2017
676 posts
95 upvotes
Scorpio9 wrote: I bought directly from the builder. They do have units available and there are plenty in secondary market as well.
Thanks for the insight. You visit your property often or do you rent it out mostly?
Nov 25, 2015
33 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Mylocosta wrote: Thanks for the insight. You visit your property often or do you rent it out mostly?
I rent it only on monthly basis and use it other times.
I do not rent on daily or weekly basis.
Since its a townhouse with private boat dock, I prefer long stay guests. Also, since I am based in downtown Toronto its not practical for me to visit the property every time a short term tenant checks out
Aug 17, 2018
355 posts
685 upvotes
Scorpio9 wrote: I rent it only on monthly basis and use it other times.
I do not rent on daily or weekly basis.
Since its a townhouse with private boat dock, I prefer long stay guests. Also, since I am based in downtown Toronto its not practical for me to visit the property every time a short term tenant checks out
Curious, where do you advertise monthly rentals? Airbnb does not seem to be the best platform for those longer stays. If you use a forum/board like kijiji, how do you vet your potential renters?
Nov 25, 2015
33 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto, ON
JanZ95915 wrote: Curious, where do you advertise monthly rentals? Airbnb does not seem to be the best platform for those longer stays. If you use a forum/board like kijiji, how do you vet your potential renters?
I mostly go through an agent .
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2007
3385 posts
620 upvotes
GTA
Is the resort largely complete or is there still more to be added? I like it, but it feels like more attractions/activities are required.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)