• Last Updated:
  • Jun 16th, 2020 5:42 am
[OP]
Aug 5, 2007
85 posts
60 upvotes

Fridge door handle bumper?

Hi guys

Anyone have a bead on where I can find a sort of transparent rubber or silicone 'donut' that I can put around the door handle of my fridge? It's about 1.5in in diameter. I'm having a tough time locating this. The door opens to the right and there’s a wall that the handle with hit first into it. Right now I have a piece of styrofoam taped to the wall but wife doesn’t like that too much. She doesn’t want anything on the wall really, so next best thing is to put something on the handle

I'm looking at getting wall bumpers and just cutting out the middle. But paying $10 for a pack of 4 or whatever and only using is kinda ridiculous lol. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
14 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2006
3460 posts
578 upvotes
Not so easy there Ma…
Not sure if it's an option on yours or desirable but some fridges have reversible doors.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2006
3460 posts
578 upvotes
Not so easy there Ma…
Not sure if it's an option on yours or desirable but some fridges have reversible doors.

The real question for me is why someone would downvote your thread for asking a question in a discussion thread.

Updated BTW.
[OP]
Aug 5, 2007
85 posts
60 upvotes
fergy wrote: Not sure if it's an option on yours or desirable but some fridges have reversible doors.

The real question for me is why someone would downvote your thread for asking a question in a discussion thread.

Updated BTW.
Reversible door isn’t ideal because then have to always go around the door when taking stuff out to place on the counter. The wife and I agreed that the should open towards the wall so we wouldn’t have to open it as much.

Also I thought I saw these bumper things at big box store, because they all place fridges next to each other I know I saw a silicone transparent rubber bumper one time but I can’t seem to find that product anywhere.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15189 posts
12344 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
GOOGLE : Fridge Door Handle Silicone Bumper

Then switch to IMAGES to see if there’s anything you like

I found several possible products that fit the description you provided in your post
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2004
5164 posts
592 upvotes
Easy. Move the styrofoam to the door handle, problem solved, not on wall. Or do what I do sometimes, tell your wife she can fix it then.
[OP]
Aug 5, 2007
85 posts
60 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote: GOOGLE : Fridge Door Handle Silicone Bumper

Then switch to IMAGES to see if there’s anything you like

I found several possible products that fit the description you provided in your post
Yeah I saw all of those, none are really any good for what I want to do.

All I want is a donut, not a sleeve, or a little nub thing. Most aren’t thick enough to accommodate the diameter of the handle and be any useful to protecting the wall.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com ... SX466_.jpg Is the closest thing I’ve found, but that doesn’t seem to be big enough.
Dec 12, 2005
558 posts
98 upvotes
Richmond
What about using a pool noodle? Cut an opening to bite the handle.
[OP]
Aug 5, 2007
85 posts
60 upvotes
ai_c wrote: What about using a pool noodle? Cut an opening to bite the handle.
Is there pool noodles that are transparent?

That’s a real great idea. Thanks I’m going to look
Into it
[OP]
Aug 5, 2007
85 posts
60 upvotes
The dreamstopper seems almost perfect. If only it was clear/transparent. I’ll ask the wife what she thinks but that’s likely the one I’m gonna go with.

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4220 posts
3519 upvotes
Toronto
Here's some transparent ones from China: LINK. You might need to cut a slit into it to fit it onto the fridge handle.

Whatever you use, you don't need to cover the entire handle. Maybe just one at the top and one at the bottom and your hand goes between them.