Home & Garden

Frigidaire vs Costco's Asurion Warranty?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 26th, 2021 8:23 am
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2007
11213 posts
10058 upvotes
Kootenays

Frigidaire vs Costco's Asurion Warranty?

Does anyone have any experience dealing with Frigidaire for warranty service? We bought a range from Costco which Costco extends to a 2 year manufacturer's warranty. We also bought the Asurion 3 year extended warranty. A burner stopped working a couple of days ago. It was delivered May 1, 2019. If I report it Monday, Frigidaire takes care of it. If I report it May 2nd, Asuiron handles it. Any difference in service?
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
8130 posts
9317 upvotes
Montréal
Do you have a maximum claim with Assurion? If so go with manufacturer... read the Asurion contract, there might be some restrictions, manufacturer usually don't have any restrictions as long as appliance been well maintained
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2007
11213 posts
10058 upvotes
Kootenays
It's the Excellence Plus warranty which covers parts and labour for 3 years after the initial 2 years, no deductible.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
8130 posts
9317 upvotes
Montréal
smacd wrote: It's the Excellence Plus warranty which covers parts and labour for 3 years after the initial 2 years, no deductible.
I understand that there is no deductible, but is there a maximum $$ or restrictions on the number of claims you can make throughout the 3 additional years? As said, read the contract. Or call Costco Concierge service, they will possibly be able to help you out.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 4, 2009
9335 posts
5639 upvotes
I would start with the manufacturer. If you get no love there, contact Asurion.
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2007
11213 posts
10058 upvotes
Kootenays
DoorCrasher wrote: I understand that there is no deductible, but is there a maximum $$ or restrictions on the number of claims you can make throughout the 3 additional years? As said, read the contract. Or call Costco Concierge service, they will possibly be able to help you out.
Restricted only by the price of the item. If more than 3 repairs are needed, at the 4th repair, they reimburse the purchase price.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
8130 posts
9317 upvotes
Montréal
smacd wrote: Restricted only by the price of the item. If more than 3 repairs are needed, at the 4th repair, they reimburse the purchase price.
Then use Assurion, it will be the first repair out of 4 to get a new range

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)