Shopping Discussion

friskies seafood sensations dry cat food discontinued???

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 19th, 2019 3:39 pm
[OP]
Nov 8, 2005
850 posts
11 upvotes

friskies seafood sensations dry cat food discontinued???

I've been giving my cat friskies seafood sensations dry cat food for years and to my surprise, purina canned the product. It's the only food my cat can tolerate without getting sick. It was cheap and pretty healthy. Can anyone, with a similar experience using the same cat food, give me some advice on similar ingredient/tasting cat dry foods at a reasonable price ?
thanks!
7 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2013
3346 posts
1438 upvotes
Canada
It hasn't been discontinued. I just bought some yesterday and they had lots in stock.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
27675 posts
8030 upvotes
ejay2k3 wrote: Can anyone, with a similar experience using the same cat food, give me some advice on similar ingredient/tasting cat dry foods at a reasonable price ?
thanks!
LOL I doubt many people would know what different cat foods taste like and what tastes the same as another one :P
[OP]
Nov 8, 2005
850 posts
11 upvotes
gbill2004 wrote: It hasn't been discontinued. I just bought some yesterday and they had lots in stock.
where did you buy it from???? weird, csr told me it was...
[OP]
Nov 8, 2005
850 posts
11 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: LOL I doubt many people would know what different cat foods taste like and what tastes the same as another one :P
lol, you never know...
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2013
3346 posts
1438 upvotes
Canada
ejay2k3 wrote: where did you buy it from???? weird, csr told me it was...
Superstore.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
1229 posts
1744 upvotes
This Saturday, June 22 is No Tax Day at RCSS Ontario.

Friskies, the small bags is selling for $4.98

I might just cross border and get a bag or 10. Of course, pay with points.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2017
1263 posts
592 upvotes
GTA
ejay2k3 wrote: It's the only food my cat can tolerate without getting sick. It was cheap and pretty healthy.
thanks!
Have you tried proper weening process on getting your cat to accept new cat food?

Friskies are far from healthy since it's mostly grains and the only meat's within the first ten ingredients are all by-products. Usually keywords like "chicken", "beef", "salmon" make a lot of indication that it's not just junk food for cats. Whiska's is also pretty bad on the dry food as well with similar order of ingredients.

I usually have in my rotation is the President Choice First Nutrition Salmon flavour as it list's Salmon in the first three ingredients. Authority (store brand from pet smart) is also another cat food in rotation for my cat. I do usually go to Ren's Pet to pick up Instincts as a more premium brand cat food every so often.