Home & Garden

Which front door design is trending

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 31st, 2020 7:44 am
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Feb 16, 2017
575 posts
241 upvotes

Which front door design is trending

hi Folks i am super confused with front door selection for my detached house and need your expertise

1st major confusion with wheather to go with Clear Glass or Glass with Grills or No Glass

and 2nd is the design.. please share ur expert inputs and opinions
door.JPG
11 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 9, 2003
1479 posts
285 upvotes
Grimsby
I like daylight so I would elect patterned glass on the top half only. I also do not fancy the idea of everybody and his dog peering in through clear glass Smiling Face With Open Mouth
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Feb 16, 2017
575 posts
241 upvotes
Owbist wrote: I like daylight so I would elect patterned glass on the top half only. I also do not fancy the idea of everybody and his dog peering in through clear glass Smiling Face With Open Mouth
That was my concern too but i was told i can upgrade to obscured glass instead of clear glass with little extra cost
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2011
1198 posts
1541 upvotes
Toronto
mattdominic wrote: hi Folks i am super confused with front door selection for my detached house and need your expertise
Do front door selections differ for detached home vs semi/link/townhomes?

The 2/3 glass panel are trending now in my opinion.
Sr. Member
Apr 8, 2010
802 posts
454 upvotes
toronto
My understanding is that if you put the grills or any other stuff beween the glass, you'll lose out on the argon gas or whatever gas they put in there for added insulation.

There's a few folks here in the industry that can better answer your question than I.

From a security point, no glass would be your best bet.

Think a lot depends on the front of your house or your general house design. it's it modern, country etc and that would dictate which style of door.

Personally, I like the 3 panel craftsman but that style would might not suit your overall house design/ look/ feel
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
22824 posts
21657 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
denti72 wrote: My understanding is that if you put the grills or any other stuff beween the glass, you'll lose out on the argon gas or whatever gas they put in there for added insulation.

There's a few folks here in the industry that can better answer your question than I.

From a security point, no glass would be your best bet.

Think a lot depends on the front of your house or your general house design. it's it modern, country etc and that would dictate which style of door.

Personally, I like the 3 panel craftsman but that style would might not suit your overall house design/ look/ feel
This

It isn’t so much about what type of house you have (detached, semi, link, town, row )

As it is about the style / design of the house (or the one you wish to convey)

Example ... a house that is craftsman style ... NEEDS a Craftsman door
A house that’s heavily bricked, can cry out for an American Classic ... or English Estate
A contemporary styled house, can often carry off whatever design vibe owner might want to convey ... country, beach, etc
In all cases ... a different style of door could be warranted

So we need more info about the look of your house
And your design style
And as always ... photos can say more than words ever will
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
11969 posts
7129 upvotes
Paris
3/4 glass with a single panel on the bottom is the most popular. If you are going obscure glass get the 2 panel craftsman made out of fibreglass as the panels look properly mission style vs the steel where they look like crap.
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
11969 posts
7129 upvotes
Paris
Visualized. Forgot about the 3 lite which is gaining popularity.
Images
  • 6EFD1A65-99E8-4521-915F-52535D55F632.png
  • 4C277E3F-CB65-49F2-AF13-031717E0EFCF.png
  • 86794597-FB59-4385-BD51-838007510425.png
Jr. Member
User avatar
May 14, 2011
177 posts
49 upvotes
..
Full length, obscured glass with solid iron insert is my choice.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
22824 posts
21657 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Kiraly wrote: The timeless three-diamonds-in-a-staircase design is missing from your samples. It's a classic

Image
Lol, classic indeed.

Besides, Al & The Bundys ... most post war, mid century bungalows had those doors.

Spent plenty of time as a kid, knocking on them & waiting for my buddies to come out and ride our bikes.

* Funny how Otherwise “mundane things” spark memories
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
19086 posts
17424 upvotes
Tarrana & The Ri…
Need a pic of the house

Top