Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2012
1214 posts
178 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA

Front loading washer

Narrowed it down to three different models,

Maytag 5100dc, Whirlpool wfw87hedc, LG 3570

Has anyone been using any of these models have any input? My ancient top loader finally gave out. Hopefully the front loader does as good of a job, not too fond of the new top loader.
13 replies
Jul 19, 2014
999 posts
196 upvotes
Snow Road Station, O…
I have a Duet but without steam , It's run once a day for six or seven years with only lint trap plugging up once ,no other problems . Touch wood.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2012
1214 posts
178 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
I liked the whirlpool the most, only thing that bothered me was that the direct drive motor had 1 yr warranty whereas the others have ten years. Im assuming that part is probably the least expected part to go.
May 10, 2010
188 posts
8 upvotes
Kitchener
So my 14 year old Kenmore front load washer needs to be replaced and I'm in the market for a new washer. My question: is Samsung, LG, frigidaire, and Whirlpool reliable? At the moment, I have my eyes on Samsung WF42H5000AW. What do you think?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2012
1214 posts
178 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
I looked at that samsung, looks good, one downfall was the lettering on the control panel wearing off
May 10, 2010
188 posts
8 upvotes
Kitchener
dan668 wrote: I looked at that samsung, looks good, one downfall was the lettering on the control panel wearing off
Really? What do you think about the LG WM3175CW
Jan 8, 2009
886 posts
580 upvotes
Simcoe County
Optical24 wrote: Really? What do you think about the LG WM3175CW
That's really strange. On the LG site, there is no WM3175CW. There's only the WM3170CW which looks to be identical. I guess Home Depot is claiming it's an HD exclusive. We just bought the LG WM3170CW at Lowe's - price-matched to Sears which had it on sale at the time plus 10% - and we're really happy with it. If you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to answer them.
May 15, 2015
442 posts
584 upvotes
jrbb0309 wrote: That's really strange. On the LG site, there is no WM3175CW. There's only the WM3170CW which looks to be identical. I guess Home Depot is claiming it's an HD exclusive. We just bought the LG WM3170CW at Lowe's - price-matched to Sears which had it on sale at the time plus 10% - and we're really happy with it. If you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to answer them.
Do you remember how much you paid for the set?

I'm going to wait for the current lowes promotion to end (15% off two appliances), then it will go back to being more expensive than sears ($1699.82 for the set). Then I can get Lowes to PM + 10% which would equal $1529..

Just wondering if you got it for an ADDITIONAL 10% off that!!? That would be incredible.

Need something asap and at this price point this set looks to be the best choice.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2007
4831 posts
360 upvotes
A dryer is a very simple device, the only thing that shd matter is reliability. And LG appliances, in general, have poor records of this, or at least they used to, didn't look in the last years, maybe they improved.
May 15, 2015
442 posts
584 upvotes
arm2000 wrote: A dryer is a very simple device, the only thing that shd matter is reliability. And LG appliances, in general, have poor records of this, or at least they used to, didn't look in the last years, maybe they improved.
And what, sir, do you wash your dirties with? It's funny that almost everyone is saying the Korean brands are at their pinnicle of quality now and the traditional American brands are of the poorest quality. who to believe..
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
11038 posts
1506 upvotes
Brampton
Have LG front load washer/dryer for 8 years now, never had any issues. Also top model LG dishwasher and still going strong. My mom recently had major issues with her 1 year old top load Samsung washer and finally got her $ back after they could not fix it and replaced it with front load LG. She's much happier now and says clothes are much cleaner. So I would definitely recommend LG!
The OFFICIAL Hardwood Flooring Thread
Voted RFD "Most Helpful Thread of 2012"
442 posts
584 upvotes
patrob wrote: Have LG front load washer/dryer for 8 years now, never had any issues. Also top model LG dishwasher and still going strong. My mom recently had major issues with her 1 year old top load Samsung washer and finally got her $ back after they could not fix it and replaced it with front load LG. She's much happier now and says clothes are much cleaner. So I would definitely recommend LG!
Good to know.

Just called best buy and they'll take 25% off any appliance price on their website in-store. Makes that LG set only $1499, plus $50 bucks for delivery/install.

Lowes confirmed they will PM that price for a grand total of $1349, with the $75 delivery/removal for free if I head over there before the weekend's up. Sweet deal.