• Last Updated:
  • Sep 11th, 2019 5:00 pm
[OP]
Sep 25, 2012
175 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto

front sensors or camera - cheaper option

I have to park really close to another car on driveway or really close to garage door so another car can fit behind me.

I want to find a cheaper option to tell distance in front of me rather than getting out of the car and checking.
front sensors seem to be like $500.

Is there a cheaper option?
8 replies
May 2, 2017
739 posts
958 upvotes
saimakhan11 wrote: I have to park really close to another car on driveway or really close to garage door so another car can fit behind me.

I want to find a cheaper option to tell distance in front of me rather than getting out of the car and checking.

Maybe use something like a laser parking assist device? https://www.amazon.ca/Smarthome-71899-G ... =hi&sr=1-2
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
13782 posts
14286 upvotes
Oakville
saimakhan11 wrote: I have to park really close to another car on driveway or really close to garage door so another car can fit behind me.

Put a small fiberglass rod on the front of your car so you can see the front. Or just learn how long you car is. Or stick a couple tennis balls to the front of your car and bump your way there.
Jan 19, 2014
7 posts
2 upvotes
Markham
You can search these kind of products on amazon.ca
Garage Laser Parking Guide

Camco 44442 AccuPark Vehicle Parking Aid
[OP]
Sep 25, 2012
175 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto
thanks I actually have to park outside but some of these options are good.
Sep 25, 2018
575 posts
1077 upvotes
This is easy. If you have to park very close to the garage door, put a duct tap or make a mark on the door. The mark should be barely visible above your bumper when your car is super close. So when you park up in the future, move towards the garage door until you can barely see the marker on the door.

If you had to park behind another car, (I would assume it's the same car?) remember what you can see on the rear of that car. For example, when I'm in my car, If my bumper is right under the taillight of another SUV, then I have about 20-30cm room between the car. If it's a sedan then I should be able to see about half or 2/3 of their taillight.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
24028 posts
2960 upvotes
Montreal
Do you have a backup camera? Use it.

Park one time in the exact point you need to be, activate the rear camera and look where the back of your car needs to be. Place a tape right there

Next time just use the rear camera and your tape as a guide.
Deal Guru
Jun 12, 2007
14950 posts
4183 upvotes
London

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)