Expired Hot Deals

Frontier Airlines

Non-stop from Buffalo to Tampa, Florida (& vice versa) for only $38 USD ($49 CAD) roundtrip in December

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 15th, 2019 8:31 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
4223 posts
27796 upvotes

Non-stop from Buffalo to Tampa, Florida (& vice versa) for only $38 USD ($49 CAD) roundtrip in December

Deal Link:
Price:
$49
Retailer:
Frontier Airlines
Thought I post this deal for anyone in the GTHA close to the USA border.

Deal is courtesy of secret flying.
57 replies
Aug 6, 2008
6 posts
6 upvotes
Add $55 USD each way for a carry-on (or checked bag) then this deal is ok. Would work out to $250+ CAD round trip with one bag.
Nov 9, 2015
27 posts
23 upvotes
north bay, on
Can someone cover me for work?
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2017
2531 posts
1211 upvotes
GTA
I flew Frontier from Las Vegas to San Jose for 29$ USD. Was pleasant trip. On time.

As for luggage, 1 personal item is free. Here's a YouTube video that shows how to pack a personal item with lot of clothes.

Oct 21, 2005
764 posts
682 upvotes
nacbram wrote: Add $55 USD each way for a carry-on (or checked bag) then this deal is ok. Would work out to $250+ CAD round trip with one bag.
You get a free personal item which is basically like a backpack size. So if it's only for a few days you can fit what you need. Plus it's in December, so you can wear 3 layers of clothes to save some cash! I did this to Calgary back in May with Flair Airlines. Once you get on the plane, just stuff the clothes into the backpack which makes it oversize, but they don't measure once you're through the gate. Or if you're going with a few other people, share one big checked bag.
May 22, 2016
687 posts
837 upvotes
LBJackal wrote: You get a free personal item which is basically like a backpack size. So if it's only for a few days you can fit what you need. Plus it's in December, so you can wear 3 layers of clothes to save some cash! I did this to Calgary back in May with Flair Airlines. Once you get on the plane, just stuff the clothes into the backpack which makes it oversize, but they don't measure once you're through the gate. Or if you're going with a few other people, share one big checked bag.
Wow, true RFD styles...
Mar 15, 2011
45 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
We took Frontier last year on a trip to Orlando from Buffalo. It was delayed both ways - 5 hours there and 1 hour back.

From what I was told delays with them happen fairly often because they have a very limited number of planes that fly to a number of locations back-to-back. If the plane is delayed for 2 hours in the morning, then all of the other flights for that plane will also be delayed for 2 hours or more.

They did give us airport food vouchers and hundreds of dollars of free travel credits (that expired before we could use them) but a whole bunch of the airport staff told us that Frontier gets delayed all the time.

Overall I'd still fly with them again since they are so cheap, but I'd probably pick a flight that left earlier in the day if possible.
Dec 29, 2017
734 posts
756 upvotes
Considering this deal.
How does Frontier treat families with young kids?
I flew with Alligent out of Niagara Falls and we were all together going to Florida, but on our way home had to switch around with other passengers to be together.
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2009
1565 posts
946 upvotes
Calgary
ODoyleRulz wrote: Considering this deal.
I flew with Alligent out of Niagara Falls and we were all together going to Florida, but on our way home had to switch around with other passengers to be together.
Same. You have to pay to select seats. Otherwise they will randomly assign you.
Nov 8, 2005
205 posts
78 upvotes
LBJackal wrote: You get a free personal item which is basically like a backpack size. So if it's only for a few days you can fit what you need. Plus it's in December, so you can wear 3 layers of clothes to save some cash! I did this to Calgary back in May with Flair Airlines. Once you get on the plane, just stuff the clothes into the backpack which makes it oversize, but they don't measure once you're through the gate. Or if you're going with a few other people, share one big checked bag.
I've been doing this since before I knew RFD, lol.
But this is basically what I do! Bring an extra collapsible bag in my personal item, Layer up to get on the plane, Layer down once on the plane and put extra stuff in the extra collapsible bag I brought.
This is the collapsible bag I'm talking about: AmazonBasics Bag
Dec 22, 2012
472 posts
215 upvotes
Toronto
kjmckenz wrote: I've been doing this since before I knew RFD, lol.
But this is basically what I do! Bring an extra collapsible bag in my personal item, Layer up to get on the plane, Layer down once on the plane and put extra stuff in the extra collapsible bag I brought.
Amazing :)
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2008
1528 posts
609 upvotes
Toronto
kjmckenz wrote: I've been doing this since before I knew RFD, lol.
+1 same strategy for crossing border after a heavy shopping day.
Zoomer for phone + Carrytel for internet + Tangerine bank account + Stack debit card + Great Canadian rebates, ebates, drop and paymi for rebates.
Dec 12, 2013
262 posts
131 upvotes
Mississauga
Works for Orlando as well. Nov 16-20, 2 Pax= $57.00USD. Smoking hot for a quick getaway.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7087 posts
2734 upvotes
Calgary
Beware of hidden charges. According to their terms, you're allowed only one "personal item" like a purse or a diaper bag, not a full size backpack. You could try your luck but if they measured your backpack at the gate and decided it's too big as a personal item, they could charge you even more than paying online in advance. If you travel with kids or friends, they won't be sitting next to you unless you pay for seat assignments for everyone. And oh, if you want a soda or the little bag of pretzels that are normally free flying other airlines, have your wallet ready.

The last time I flew Frontier, the flight was delayed twice with no explanations. Choose a different airlines if you need to catch a connecting flight, It's not worth the stress.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2006
1690 posts
159 upvotes
Toronto
ODoyleRulz wrote: Considering this deal.
I'm a small sample size but the last few recent times I've flown on Frontier our group was always seated together (all passengers were on the same booking). I do think they/the seating algorithm tries to seat everyone together but it depends on the flight (what seats are sold/empty, whether you check-in online early or not, the size of other families/groups on that flight etc.). But if I was travelling with younger kids I would purchase seats and save yourself the hassle.
althetrainer wrote: Beware of hidden charges. According to their terms, you're allowed only one "personal item" like a purse or a diaper bag, not a full size backpack. You could try your luck but if they measured your backpack at the gate and decided it's too big as a personal item, they could charge you even more than paying online in advance. If you travel with kids or friends, they won't be sitting next to you unless you pay for seat assignments for everyone. And oh, if you want a soda or the little bag of pretzels that are normally free flying other airlines, have your wallet ready.

The last time I flew Frontier, the flight was delayed twice with no explanations. Choose a different airlines if you need to catch a connecting flight, It's not worth the stress.
Yup. I only recommend flying Frontier for leisure and if you had time to spare. I've been delayed and also cancelled on 10mins before flight time one time (our plane was given to another flight that was severely delayed). The next flight flying back to Buffalo with Frontier would've been 3-4 days later. They did offer to reimburse a flight with another airline up to $300 USD. Luckily I didn't have any checked luggage and was able to hop on a last minute flight departing less than an hour later direct to Toronto for under $300 USD. I ended up getting home earlier than I would have on a Frontier flight to Buffalo.

I use this pack for flying with Frontier and other discount/"free" personal item only airlines. I can easily pack a weeks worth of clothing, flip flops and another pair of shoes. Packing cubes and lightweight/quick dry clothing are key. Technical/packable garments (Gore-Tex etc.) come in handy if you're going to cooler/wet climates. I also pack this if I need a daypack. If you're gone for more than a week you'll probably do laundry at your AirBNB. Or just drop it off at a laundromat. Or just pack a dry bag and detergent and wash your clothes camping style. Dry bags barely take up any space and can be used as an extra pack or laundry bag.
Mar 1, 2014
802 posts
863 upvotes
headleygrange wrote: I flew Frontier from Las Vegas to San Jose for 29$ USD. Was pleasant trip. On time.

As for luggage, 1 personal item is free. Here's a YouTube video that shows how to pack a personal item with lot of clothes.

Cool.
Oct 17, 2004
735 posts
401 upvotes
Toronto
Frontier/Spirit/Allegiant offer the same level of service. Their target low cost no-frills fares.

You basically pay for everything other than a chair. They pick the seat for you unless you want to pay to choose.
They charge for carry on, checked luggage

Took this last year to Orlando, paid $56 for a 2 way.
Seats are not the most comfortable but reasonable for the length of this kind of flight.
Keep in mind, you likely will have full flights since obviously people love their low fares.

Ignore those who complain about delays etc... that happens with all airlines these days.
I'm too poor to buy crap
Deal Addict
Jul 9, 2006
1136 posts
283 upvotes
Toronto
I’ve flown Spirit air before and it was fine. How does Frontier compare?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5298 posts
1591 upvotes
Toronto
mk316 wrote: Frontier/Spirit/Allegiant offer the same level of service. Their target low cost no-frills fares.

You basically pay for everything other than a chair. They pick the seat for you unless you want to pay to choose.
They charge for carry on, checked luggage

Took this last year to Orlando, paid $56 for a 2 way.
Seats are not the most comfortable but reasonable for the length of this kind of flight.
Keep in mind, you likely will have full flights since obviously people love their low fares.

Ignore those who complain about delays etc... that happens with all airlines these days.
How did you get to Buff airport?
'11 DC MLF Iikka Pro | CCM Ribcor Trigger 3D/Bauer Supreme 1S LE
'18 Union Flite Pro Red | Bauer Supreme 2S Gloves
'08 K2 T1 | CCM Super Tacks AS1
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2007
3150 posts
613 upvotes
North York
To get to Buffalo Airport from Toronto, try Megabus!