Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Frontier Airlines

Non-stop from Buffalo to Tampa, Florida (& vice versa) for only $38 USD ($49 CAD) roundtrip in December

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 15th, 2019 8:31 pm
Nov 8, 2005
206 posts
78 upvotes
Drewmar wrote: Works for Orlando as well. Nov 16-20, 2 Pax= $57.00USD. Smoking hot for a quick getaway.
OMG - Please don't tempt me anymore than I already am - A quick trip to WDW would not be unrealistic, but I got xmas bills to plan for. LOL
Sep 9, 2018
6 posts
Can someone please tell me if theirs stuff to do for the kids?

Also, would I have any issues flying with an infant with car seat and stroller with this airline??

TIA
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2009
4353 posts
3740 upvotes
LBJackal wrote: You get a free personal item which is basically like a backpack size. So if it's only for a few days you can fit what you need. Plus it's in December, so you can wear 3 layers of clothes to save some cash! I did this to Calgary back in May with Flair Airlines. Once you get on the plane, just stuff the clothes into the backpack which makes it oversize, but they don't measure once you're through the gate. Or if you're going with a few other people, share one big checked bag.
So you suggest wearing three layers of heavier clothes to Tampa?
Jul 2, 2005
484 posts
228 upvotes
Mississauga
johnnyblayze wrote: So you suggest wearing three layers of heavier clothes to Tampa?
I think he's saying wear those layers in Buffalo before check in then remove them after check in. Gonna be hot on the return flight from Tampa to Buffalo though before check in.
Oct 21, 2005
837 posts
812 upvotes
johnnyblayze wrote: So you suggest wearing three layers of heavier clothes to Tampa?
You could. Or you could do as I suggested:

"Once you get on the plane, just stuff the clothes into the backpack which makes it oversize, but they don't measure once you're through the gate."
Deal Addict
Jul 9, 2006
1168 posts
306 upvotes
Toronto
sheriffabc wrote: To get to Buffalo Airport from Toronto, try Megabus!
What is a good price for Megabus to BUF?
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2006
1729 posts
216 upvotes
Toronto
who_ca wrote:
What is a good price for Megabus to BUF?
They start at ~$10 CAD/USD and increase as seats are booked (but usually no more than ~$25-30ish). Check the CND and USA sites. They have different journeys/prices depending...

Greyhound is also an option. They start at ~$14 from what I remember.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2007
1212 posts
581 upvotes
North York
Last day for $15 sale on frontier site. Many destinations added. They have Orlando for same price as well on certain dates for Dec
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2007
3433 posts
1386 upvotes
Scarborough
$100 flight for 2.
Drive 11/27 Wed morning. About $60ish parking.
Fly n return 11/29 morning. Say $200 for 2 night hotel.
Drive to Walden Galleria/Factory Outlet. Blow $800 each.

$400ish for kickin the sand $1600 for deals, nice?
Oct 17, 2004
839 posts
504 upvotes
Toronto
ProfessorChaos wrote: How did you get to Buff airport?
Just drove... Keep in mind, flying out of buffalo there is no long lineups for customs like you do at Pearson since you pass US customs by car.

Waiting at the US customs line at Pearson is a nightmare.
I'm too poor to buy crap
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2006
2466 posts
788 upvotes
ProfessorChaos wrote: How did you get to Buff airport?
that'd depend on where you're coming from.
if in toronto you can drive (and park at the airport for $10 a day or so) or take a bus which takes longer but more relaxing and cheaper.
you can also take a plane there, i mean it is an airport and specially good if you're not in toronto
you could bike there if u live closer as well...
if u end up getting a hotel room for the night, some of them offer free parking for like a week (so may be worth it)
otherwise parking across the street from the airport is a buck or 2 cheaper than inside the airport (but need to walk a few mins in the cold so only good if you flying for a week)
still a good deal on the flight !
For sale threads:
GCs / Coins
Cloth / Phones/
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2015
7296 posts
71700 upvotes
mk316 wrote: Just drove... Keep in mind, flying out of buffalo there is no long lineups for customs like you do at Pearson since you pass US customs by car.

Waiting at the US customs line at Pearson is a nightmare.
Couldn't agree more with you. Customs at Pearson is a disaster. Cross the border and it's so easy and parking in Buffalo is half the cost of Pearson.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
9113 posts
2403 upvotes
hill15 wrote: Couldn't agree more with you. Customs at Pearson is a disaster. Cross the border and it's so easy and parking in Buffalo is half the cost of Pearson.
Yeah, I flew to Orlando this past summer from Buffalo, we drove down from Toronto on a Friday morning, took ~2.5 hrs including crossing the border at Niagara Falls (Rainbow). Would've been a bit shorter if we had taken the toll roads south of the border.

The airport wasn't bad, parking is relatively cheap at $10 a day at the blue lot and they have multiple shuttle buses that ferrys you from the parking lot right up to the front door so you don't even need to walk. And if you're flying domestic you just have to go through security at the airport only.

Downside is that food options at the airport are slim and not really great. They have a TIm Hortons in the airport but it's just as trash as the Canadian version.

The price difference flying from Buffalo can be very significant. I took my family (2 adults and 2 kids) to Disney World for vacation, flying out of and back to Buffalo airport via Southwest cost us ~$1600 CAD all in (includes gas and 1 week of parking at the airport). I priced out flights with AC Rouge/WestJet to Orlando from YYZ for the same dates and it would've cost us almost $3K so we saved $1400 in total.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2009
1820 posts
815 upvotes
Toronto
Will be flying them from Buffalo to Orlando on Monday.. hoping for the best as it's our first time!
Mar 3, 2017
495 posts
265 upvotes
Woodstock
Not counting on it, but can anybody confirm if this is available during XMAS holidays for high school students? Thanks!
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29332 posts
10713 upvotes
Hamilton
RWCantel wrote: Not counting on it, but can anybody confirm if this is available during XMAS holidays for high school students? Thanks!
Did you check?
hated on but respected.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
9113 posts
2403 upvotes
michiebaby wrote: Will be flying them from Buffalo to Orlando on Monday.. hoping for the best as it's our first time!
As I said, the airport's not bad but food options are not great. If you're planning on eating before getting on the plane, I'd strongly suggest you eat outside of the airport before you arrive. There's one sit-down restaurant but I didn't try it, and a Tim's and like two fast-food options plus a sandwich kiosk but all the food is expensive and honestly, not good.

Also the shuttle drivers were really good from my experience. When we got there and entered the parking lot, the shuttle driver told me which aisle to go down and park at and he followed me and picked us up right at the parking spot, and when we came back the driver took us right to our vehicle since I guess they weren't that busy. The drivers also helped us load and unload our lugguage so make sure to have a few US bills on you to tip them, overall very friendly and nice.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2014
2363 posts
3541 upvotes
Winkle wrote: As I said, the airport's not bad but food options are not great. If you're planning on eating before getting on the plane, I'd strongly suggest you eat outside of the airport before you arrive. There's one sit-down restaurant but I didn't try it, and a Tim's and like two fast-food options plus a sandwich kiosk but all the food is expensive and honestly, not good.

Also the shuttle drivers were really good from my experience. When we got there and entered the parking lot, the shuttle driver told me which aisle to go down and park at and he followed me and picked us up right at the parking spot, and when we came back the driver took us right to our vehicle since I guess they weren't that busy. The drivers also helped us load and unload our lugguage so make sure to have a few US bills on you to tip them, overall very friendly and nice.
How much did you tip them?
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
9113 posts
2403 upvotes
gshrfd wrote: How much did you tip them?
I think $5 for helping me with 3 roller suit cases but a 5 dollar bill was literally all I had in my wallet at the time because I was not prepared lol. Another guy on the shuttle bus tipped them $1 per suit case I think.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2009
4353 posts
3740 upvotes
ezacarias wrote: I think he's saying wear those layers in Buffalo before check in then remove them after check in. Gonna be hot on the return flight from Tampa to Buffalo though before check in.
This will just make the strip search longer than necessary.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)