Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Frugal Usenet & Blocknews $33/year

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 3rd, 2022 12:27 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
2948 posts
4339 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Gee wrote: I use TweakNews. I think it costs 35 Euros per year 60 connections 1000 API calls

I have a lifetime sub to NZBPlanet and GingaDaddy. I am looking for another indexer. Which one do you recommend?
Slug is good.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
3886 posts
996 upvotes
Kingston
Gee wrote: I use TweakNews. I think it costs 35 Euros per year 60 connections 1000 API calls

I have a lifetime sub to NZBPlanet and GingaDaddy. I am looking for another indexer. Which one do you recommend?
Geek is another good one
Mar 31, 2017
591 posts
571 upvotes

Ninjacentral registrations are open. Join with free tire, check completion rate and if u find it satisfactory than go for a lifetime sub during blackfriday sale. U need to login into site monthly while u r on free tire to keep account active. If u r paying 35 euro for tweak than it is better to spend little more(May be 1 euro more) and move to Eweka.
Last edited by Capindy on Oct 2nd, 2022 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 27, 2012
237 posts
72 upvotes

OMGWTFNZBS.ME if you can get an invite.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
2948 posts
4339 upvotes
Toronto, ON
fakishan wrote: is it better than newsdemon?
Different backbone. Can compliment each other.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
36335 posts
9595 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Capindy wrote: If u r paying 35 euro for tweak than it is better to spend little more(May be 1 euro more) and move to Eweka.
I just checked. I am paying € 30,00 for TweakNews and that includes a free VPN (I don't use it)

Is Eweka better?

Thanks for the tip on NinjaCentral
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2010
1028 posts
711 upvotes
Edmonton
silver097 wrote: OMGWTFNZBS.ME if you can get an invite.
Meh, much like Dog, I think it's overrated.
Mar 31, 2017
591 posts
571 upvotes
Gee wrote: I just checked. I am paying € 30,00 for TweakNews and that includes a free VPN (I don't use it)

Is Eweka better?

Thanks for the tip on NinjaCentral
If something is not broken than you don’t need to fix it. I mean if tweaknews is working for you than do not change it to Eweka. But Eweka is best in terms of retention and completion rate among all current providers.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
36335 posts
9595 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Capindy wrote: your kind of usage you might want to look into only Block accounts(Viper, block, express, Farm , bulk and Demon) type of setup.
I thought about that. But I don't want to babysit my usage? For € 30,00, I don't need to monitor anything

I can download some 80 Gig BluRay rip and not worry about it.
Nov 17, 2019
54 posts
36 upvotes
moofachuka wrote: Slug was open a week to 2 ago...
They also raised their price 5€ after the last open invite.
That’s 50% more for “Ale” and 25% more for “Wine”, I’d wait till Black Friday.
Last edited by JustJro on Oct 2nd, 2022 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
3100 posts
2634 upvotes
GTA Ontario

I had an account with NZBPlanet, and one day they deleted my account for no reason and without notice - I just discovered it was gone - and then it was invite-only, so I couldn't rejoin. How's that for professionalism? They weren't a great indexer anyway so it wasn't worth doing anything about - I just deleted all references from my apps.
Not familiar with GingaDaddy.
I recommend Drunken Slug whenever they open up new memberships. Until then, I recommend NZBGeek. It was one of the best options years ago and I still like it. There may be better options out now but I haven't had any need to look into it. OzNZB and altHUB are good too, even for free if you don't need a lot of volume.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2010
1028 posts
711 upvotes
Edmonton
If you aren't very tech savvy then usenet likely isn't for you. If you're a "Napster" kind of person then stick to the apps and real debrid. Usenet can be a very powerful tool and a game changer if you take the time to learn how to configure it and integrate it into your media library.

On a public forum like this, usenet is like fight club so if you want to learn about it don't expect to get any useful information here.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
36335 posts
9595 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
OakAged wrote: I had an account with NZBPlanet, and one day they deleted my account for no reason and without notice - I just discovered it was gone - and then it was invite-only, so I couldn't rejoin. How's that for professionalism? They weren't a great indexer anyway so it wasn't worth doing anything about - I just deleted all references from my apps.
Not familiar with GingaDaddy.
I recommend Drunken Slug whenever they open up new memberships. Until then, I recommend NZBGeek. It was one of the best options years ago and I still like it. There may be better options out now but I haven't had any need to look into it. OzNZB and altHUB are good too, even for free if you don't need a lot of volume.
I am constantly looking for a better indexer.

So far, NZBPlanet works best for me. Playing with Drunken Slug and NinjaCentral

I wouldn't bother with Ginga Daddy
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
7194 posts
4854 upvotes
SW ON
Gee wrote: I am not maxing out my speed on TweakNews

I average between 40 - 70 MB/s over 60 connections

I am not a heavy user, I don't really download much, usually one show a week and the odd movie during a long weekend
I just got 100-104 MB/s with Eweka over 40 connections.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
7194 posts
4854 upvotes
SW ON
Capindy wrote: Ninjacentral registrations are open.
Is it any good? I couldn't find much info about it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)