Shopping Discussion

Frustrated with Walmart.ca customer service

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 30th, 2021 12:18 pm
Nov 6, 2013
409 posts
279 upvotes

Frustrated with Walmart.ca customer service

Hey all, I pretty much gave up calling their 1800 number because it's like talking to a brick wall.

Heres the story..
Placed an order online on March 20th, estimated arrival to local Walmart was April 8th.
Called April 8th to make sure because tracking isn't really traceable. Rep said they will get back to me in 2 business days. Nothing.
Called again and now they escalated and asked 2 more days. Nothing.
Went to the online chat, maybe they have more access. Told me they will get back to me in 24 hours, top priority. Nothing.
Went on chat again, rep said I'll have an update in 24 hours for sure.. you guessed it, nothing.
Decided to call again and was told to wait 4-5 business days for an update. Got upset, asked to cancel, rep said it's against his policy. Asked for a supervisor who said no cancellations, and I'll get an update in 24-48 hours.. Nothing.

So far no updates on tracking page (only says Ordered, not even Shipped). No updates from anyone and definitely no parcel.

Need your advise on what do to.. Is there anyone else I could contact to check where is my parcel?
13 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2018
3474 posts
2697 upvotes
Vancouver
Have had the same experience multiple times. They normally are able to resolve the problem after an escalation. Though it can take upto a week. I once waited for 1.5 months for a shower rod. Also, makes sure to mention this in the order feedback. They do read those.
Can't Stop. Won't Stop. Game Stop
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
Agree. I stop order anything on WM online. I had an order never shipped. I tried 2 months to get the refund and went nowhere. I called AmEx to charge back. 1 month after AmEx charge back, WM finally refund my purchase. WM had my money for 2 month without paying me any interest.

WM tries to be another Amazon and failed.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 19, 2005
5202 posts
2486 upvotes
Vancity
I ordered a few times from walmart.ca. The last time was from a third party seller. The delivery had issues, and neither walmart.ca nor the seller responded to my two emails each. Never again, walmart.ca.
signature closed for renovation
Deal Fanatic
Feb 20, 2015
5277 posts
4937 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Did you buy from Walmart.ca or one of their 3rd party sellers?

I'd just cancel it if you can find the item elsewhere. Let them know you want to cancel the order and call your credit card company.

If you bought a bike, it's probably not even manufactured yet. Everyone is waiting for them, they have sold stock that doesn't exist.
Nov 6, 2013
409 posts
279 upvotes
Gibsons wrote: Did you buy from Walmart.ca or one of their 3rd party sellers?

I'd just cancel it if you can find the item elsewhere. Let them know you want to cancel the order and call your credit card company.

If you bought a bike, it's probably not even manufactured yet. Everyone is waiting for them, they have sold stock that doesn't exist.
How can I cancel?
Their reps won't do it. Just say wait someone will get back to you and that's it.

The item is shipped and sold by Walmart.ca and is in stock. It's the Echelon Spin bike... another member ordered after me and got it in a few days.
Feb 1, 2019
323 posts
133 upvotes
Alberta
Probably staff shortage working due to Stay @ Home orders causing shipment delays and call centre staff.

Another way is email Echelon Spin Bike company to find out local dealer sales supplier in your region and if Walmart is their authorized re-seller, if so there's Account Executive that deals directly w/them and they have can track it down faster and offered help.

I've been trying to find product I've seen during Christmas and couldn't find it online, store staff said next truckload shipment arrives in mid May showing 0 availability. I emailed brand, explained I've searched hours & unable to find it @ other retailers in Canada. SR Acct Executive replied said Walmart "Official Authorized Reseller" and help me locate it.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 20, 2015
5277 posts
4937 upvotes
Southern Ontario
fredkins wrote: How can I cancel?
Their reps won't do it. Just say wait someone will get back to you and that's it.

The item is shipped and sold by Walmart.ca and is in stock. It's the Echelon Spin bike... another member ordered after me and got it in a few days.
Maybe check this thread for info.

echelon-connect-sport-spin-bike-699-99- ... 17655/130/
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2004
5580 posts
1106 upvotes
Toronto
Myself and other family members have had similar problems with walmart.ca. Agreed, never again.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2016
1232 posts
693 upvotes
walmart.ca are pretty fast to reply to BBB complaints (like 48 hours max)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5308 posts
3779 upvotes
Vancouver
fredkins wrote: How can I cancel?

I ordered that last year and actually got it ahead of schedule. You can try online chat again and see if they will let you cancel or give you a discount. Honestly there isn’t much you could do but wait. If you still haven’t gotten it after 30 days or so, just do a charge back (assuming you are tired or waiting).
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2012
1071 posts
226 upvotes
I have to agree with you, Walmart customer service is the worst. No help from neither online chat or by calling. I had issue using evoucher for online grocery order, tried a few calls/chats, no one can help. Just said they will investigate the issue might take a few days, but after 2 weeks, still no solution. Walmart is going downhill, I would not order again from them.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5308 posts
3779 upvotes
Vancouver
6060842 wrote: You are expecting customer service from Walmart? Face With Tears Of Joy
I actually have pretty good experience with Walmart customer service. While they aren’t as good as Costco or London drugs they are definitely better than Canadian tire, brick, etc who are known to be horrible. I don’t find them any worst (nor better) than RCSS, bestbuy, etc
Nov 6, 2013
409 posts
279 upvotes
Starting to think that the scamming call centers in India won the contract for Walmart customer service..

Called a few more times to try my luck, same response. Asked if my cancellation request has been processed, they said "what request?"...
So started a new "request" to cancel and they guy said he's escalating my request (right..) and I'll receive an email in 2-3 days. Of course, that never happened.

Anyways, called the credit company to dispute the transaction and they said it will take 100 days. Is that a common period of time to cancel a transaction?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)