Expired Hot Deals

FS: $749 - Toshiba 40" 1080p LCD HDTV** (40RV525U)..YMMV

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 15th, 2008 3:32 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Newbie
Feb 22, 2006
80 posts
11 upvotes

FS: $749 - Toshiba 40" 1080p LCD HDTV** (40RV525U)..YMMV

Hi Folks, just got back from the FS @ Laird and Eglinton in Toronto.

They got a mgr special : Toshiba 40" 1080p LCD HDTV** (40RV525U) @ $749.
(how do you guys post a link without pasting the entire URL ?)

I got the impression that they really wanted to clear them out cause they were willing to go lower on the price if I bot other items, but I only wanted the TV.

They had about 20 boxes around the store when I bot mine.

I wanted a 42" LCD- but settled for this one cause of the price.

I know 2" means a lot to some ppl- but it all about how you use it right ??

For me its only used for solo gaming :)
I only have to impress my ego.

____________________
Heres the specs (until I get the linky thing figured out):
Full HD 1080p resolution (1920 x 1080)

3,000:1 true contrast ratio

8ms response time

3 HDMI inputs, 1 PC input
16 replies
Sr. Member
Oct 9, 2004
949 posts
170 upvotes
Mississauga
Response Time 8ms, is that good enough for movies and HD TV?
Phone: Koodo LG G3
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 26, 2005
9794 posts
1739 upvotes
Toronto
Wow, for that price, thats darn good.

But I`m still waiting for the Plasma 42 in Panasonic to come down more in price. The motion blur of LCD just doesn`t cut it for me.

Again, for this price, hey, good price !
Member
Dec 9, 2006
272 posts
8 upvotes
Is this in-store only? it shows 799 online
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 14, 2002
3362 posts
125 upvotes
Vancouver
jesus can't you people just wait till boxing day?

if things are this cheap now just imagine what they'll be like then
Banned
User avatar
Jul 16, 2003
10398 posts
1464 upvotes
Toronto
SuSHi wrote: jesus can't you people just wait till boxing day?

if things are this cheap now just imagine what they'll be like then

On boxing day everything will be free.
Andre Oliveira - Mortgage Agent
Mortgage Intelligence - FSCO# 10428
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 3, 2007
1102 posts
53 upvotes
Edmonton
laptop-tech wrote: On boxing day everything will be free.
you'll just have to spend 5 hours in hell to get it.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 14, 2005
2999 posts
125 upvotes
Mtl
b1unt3d wrote: you'll just have to spend 5 hours in hell to get it.
QFT

I've been watching the electronics sales around xmas and boxing day for the past few years. IMO, the best sales are around xmas, but not necessarily on boxing day. Sure, there will be a few items with blowout prices, but they will have only a few units per store and are usually the lower end stuff they are trying to clear out.Not to mention that you will have to line up at 4am to get the deal. Ex. BB sale on 46-52" sharp lcds last year, but it was the d62 (older model)
Price errors are the only real sales :)
I refused to be gouged by canadian retailers when purchases can be made in the U.S for a LOT less..
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2006
1271 posts
111 upvotes
I bought this at Costco for $799 it was $899 with a $100 instant rebate.

Costco version also comes with 90 return policy and 2 year warranty. FS only has 1 year warranty/30returns.

I love the set so far. Be warned that the Xbox 360 over HDMI running the latest firmware (NXE) is not compatible and there will be sound problems. Its an xbox issue and apparently will be patched soon.

Haven't been able to find optimized video settings yet, any ideas?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 3, 2007
1102 posts
53 upvotes
Edmonton
sunnyd71 wrote: I bought this at Costco for $799 it was $899 with a $100 instant rebate.

Costco version also comes with 90 return policy and 2 year warranty. FS only has 1 year warranty/30returns.

I love the set so far. Be warned that the Xbox 360 over HDMI running the latest firmware (NXE) is not compatible and there will be sound problems. Its an xbox issue and apparently will be patched soon.

Haven't been able to find optimized video settings yet, any ideas?
The sound via HDMI cable issue doesn't effect everyone. I think it depends on the xbox and/or television.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2006
1271 posts
111 upvotes
There is a thread on AVS forum with a lot of people that own this tv having the issue. So it may effect all owners of this tv.

The temp fix works for now

- Take off your HDD while the system is off
- Turn on your system
- After the dashboard loads, plug in the HDD
Banned
Dec 12, 2005
9328 posts
804 upvotes
sparrow_69 wrote: I've been watching the electronics sales around xmas and boxing day for the past few years. IMO, the best sales are around xmas, but not necessarily on boxing day.
Exactly, and other than the mentioned blowout, limited-quantity stuff, the pre-Xmas sales are always the best. And if you miss out on the BD deals, then you're into the dead zone of January.
Member
Sep 2, 2008
380 posts
31 upvotes
Halifax
Vinman wrote: Exactly, and other than the mentioned blowout, limited-quantity stuff, the pre-Xmas sales are always the best. And if you miss out on the BD deals, then you're into the dead zone of January.
Technically if you want to get into when the best sales on these big electronics are.......its in january/february because they are trying to get rid of stock to bring in new electronics....also CES is in January and next electronics get released at this time....most people that work in electronic stores will tell you that is the best time to buy.

But I wont listen I want my stuff now!

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)