Expired Hot Deals

FS/BB New Year Clear out sale

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 2nd, 2014 4:12 pm
Tags:
None
22 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2007
1079 posts
255 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Guys, what are your opinions on the 8GB wii-U model?
Worth getting one of the bundles with the 32GB model @ 299?

I was very close to getting it @ 249.99 at FS/BB/WM/etc, but I decided to wait and hoping EB will have a sale on the bundle in the next few months since I have about $70 store credit there :(
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2007
3279 posts
755 upvotes
Toronto
leonheartx wrote: Guys, what are your opinions on the 8GB wii-U model?
Worth getting one of the bundles with the 32GB model @ 299?

I was very close to getting it @ 249.99 at FS/BB/WM/etc, but I decided to wait and hoping EB will have a sale on the bundle in the next few months since I have about $70 store credit there :(
Not a bad deal, quite good actually. You can just upgrade the HDD with an SD card or an external HDD, making the 32GB "upgrade" kind of meaningless. But at the same time, make sure you are interested in the games currently. I bought the Zelda Wii on sale last month and I'm kind of regretting it. I love Zelda, but I don't have any other games to play since I have a PS4.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 7, 2008
4352 posts
1868 upvotes
Toronto
how much do you guys think the swap force game can be sold for?
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2002
2514 posts
347 upvotes
Durham Region
That's a good deal for the 8gb... Maybe sell off the game and figures for $50 and nintendo land for $15-20 making it around $130 at best.... Just keep in mind the 8gb doesn't come with the gamepad charger stand and console stand....
Sr. Member
Mar 30, 2009
995 posts
208 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP. Been holding off on purchasing a Wii U for Super Mario World and with a $30 Rewards Zone certificate, at $169.99 it's a pretty sweet deal.

ATLien69, you mentioned it does not come with a game pad and stands? The box does show a game pad but are you referring to something else all together? I thought the Wii U only came with one type of game pad.
Jr. Member
Nov 24, 2012
103 posts
15 upvotes
REGINA
Sepharite wrote: Not a bad deal, quite good actually. You can just upgrade the HDD with an SD card or an external HDD, making the 32GB "upgrade" kind of meaningless. But at the same time, make sure you are interested in the games currently. I bought the Zelda Wii on sale last month and I'm kind of regretting it. I love Zelda, but I don't have any other games to play since I have a PS4.
You can only use a USB device to expand the storage space. The SD slot is only used for pictures, you can't download games to it.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2003
1437 posts
52 upvotes
redeagle wrote: Thanks OP. Been holding off on purchasing a Wii U for Super Mario World and with a $30 Rewards Zone certificate, at $169.99 it's a pretty sweet deal.

ATLien69, you mentioned it does not come with a game pad and stands? The box does show a game pad but are you referring to something else all together? I thought the Wii U only came with one type of game pad.
It comes with game pad but not the stand and cradle for it
Newbie
Nov 24, 2010
78 posts
49 upvotes
redeagle wrote: Thanks OP. Been holding off on purchasing a Wii U for Super Mario World and with a $30 Rewards Zone certificate, at $169.99 it's a pretty sweet deal.

ATLien69, you mentioned it does not come with a game pad and stands? The box does show a game pad but are you referring to something else all together? I thought the Wii U only came with one type of game pad.
He was talking about it doesn't come with gamepad cradle(charger stand) and console stand. All wii u's come with the game pad as that's half of the system.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2007
1063 posts
115 upvotes
Sepharite wrote: Not a bad deal, quite good actually. You can just upgrade the HDD with an SD card or an external HDD, making the 32GB "upgrade" kind of meaningless. But at the same time, make sure you are interested in the games currently. I bought the Zelda Wii on sale last month and I'm kind of regretting it. I love Zelda, but I don't have any other games to play since I have a PS4.
Yeah the Zelda Wii U bundle was a good deal a few weeks ago. One reason I didn't pick it up was I remember finishing that game like a decade ago on the Gamecube and just can't muster the effort and time to replay it again. Still debating on the Mario Luigi Wii U bundle ...
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2002
2514 posts
347 upvotes
Durham Region
Yes what he said. Sorry to confuse. Edited :)
Talonbat wrote: He was talking about it doesn't come with gamepad cradle(charger stand) and console stand. All wii u's come with the game pad as that's half of the system.
Sr. Member
Mar 30, 2009
995 posts
208 upvotes
Toronto
No worries :)

I guess just for the sole purpose of playing the Mario games its worth it no? I also believe there's a new Mario Kart out soon as well?
Member
Jul 17, 2012
207 posts
89 upvotes
redeagle wrote: No worries :)

I guess just for the sole purpose of playing the Mario games its worth it no? I also believe there's a new Mario Kart out soon as well?
Only the nintendo and other japanese publisher games are worth it on the wii.

Third party support is really lacking.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2007
1602 posts
243 upvotes
Kitchener
if you guys act quick enough you can snag a skullcandy gaming headset for $3 off.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)