• Last Updated:
  • Jun 1st, 2020 12:14 pm
[OP]
Mar 13, 2007
161 posts
25 upvotes
Trader Score: 0

FS: BNIB ASRock Radeon RX 5700 Challenger 8G

It's a good card, I got it on sale for $440 2 weeks ago. It overclocks well, but after a lot of testing I can't make it work with X-Plane and Oculus Rift VR, which is what I bought it for. It works perfectly with other VR games (Half-Life Alyx, Lone Echo etc.) and regular games and it's a superb value for money. But X-Plane makes Oculus disconnect intermittently bacause of drivers that are not compatible with X-Plane VR. This is only in X-Plane 11.50beta9 + VR. So, I'm sure someone has missed the sale and still wants this card. I'm located in Oakville, you can pick it up. Shipping can be discussed. I already applied for $20 rebate, before I realized I can't use it with current drivers for X-Plane VR. so I'm selling for $30 less than original "on sale" price: $440 - $20 (claimed rebate) + HST (and not adding $8 shipping fee I paid) = $474 . I have original gift 2 games code unclamed as well, so will pass it on with the card. In original box. This card can be flashed with 5700XT bios to get 5700XT performance.
Please no low-balling. If I can't sell it, I will just let it sit and wait until AMD or X-Plane update the software to fix my issue.
I'm located in Oakville, close to the new Hostpital.
Last edited by RomanDesign on May 28th, 2020 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roman Bershadsky

web designer, composer
Roman Design - award-winning Toronto Web Design Studio - corporate and small business web design in Toronto and GTA, Ontario
My prog rock band: 7times
My Canadian Flight Simulator MSFS2020 Scenery
5 replies
Nov 13, 2009
621 posts
131 upvotes
Somewhere N of 49th …
Trader Score: 8 (100% Positive)
Sorry to hear that Roman..are you using X-Plane directly with Oculus or are you going through the Steam VR setup? I know there were issues using Steam VR but those were suppose to be remedied with 20.3.1 AMD drivers
[OP]
Mar 13, 2007
161 posts
25 upvotes
Trader Score: 0
Directly, not through Steam VR. I'm very surprised by that, and I have tried everything. All other games are great, both VR and normal, all benchmarks are great, but as soon as X-Plane is running it, sound stutters almost right away and Oculus disconnects within 10 minutes. If Oculus Mirror is running it reverts to black screen (meaning it lost the HMD) and sound device is lost again. I tried running underclocked, and I have plenty of power (850W PSU) and GPU is not loaded to the max at all, much less than other games. It's most likely an X-Plane bug or a driver incompatibility. GTX1660 runs great.
Roman Bershadsky

web designer, composer
Roman Design - award-winning Toronto Web Design Studio - corporate and small business web design in Toronto and GTA, Ontario
My prog rock band: 7times
My Canadian Flight Simulator MSFS2020 Scenery