Shopping Discussion

FS Boxing Day sale for Prima Flat 27 Inch TV - Oh No!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2004 9:36 pm
Tags:
None
Mar 23, 2004
534 posts
Oh noe indeed.

I ordered my 27" Prima on christmas eve, and it arrived yesturday via purolator. There was a dent in the side of the box, which I didn't think much of at the time, since packaging on tv's tend to be overdone. However.. upon opening it, I found the left speaker to be smashed in.

I was on the phone for around 1 1/2 hours with futureshop's 1-800 call centre and ended up taking it back to a local futureshop. I just got my money back because I was so pissed.. :(
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2004
3192 posts
293 upvotes
There was just one showing up online so I bought it. I will test it out for a month, and if it is no good, I will return it. No big deal.

I hope it is not the one that you just brought back though!
Aug 3, 2003
642 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto
the tv is not really flat, is it false advertisement
theres still a slight curve to it
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2003
3742 posts
536 upvotes
movieking wrote:There was just one showing up online so I bought it. I will test it out for a month, and if it is no good, I will return it. No big deal.

I hope it is not the one that you just brought back though!
Dam you movieking! ;) I have been checking online for the past 3 days waiting for the restock, but havent seen any pop up. So I guess im out of luck.
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2003
11239 posts
558 upvotes
Ottawa
pontiac_driver wrote:the tv is not really flat, is it false advertisement
theres still a slight curve to it
Yes, they call it "virtuall flat", although it is better than the standard TVs with it's "virtual flat"ness.
- Absolute
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2004
3192 posts
293 upvotes
Mint wrote:Dam you movieking! ;) I have been checking online for the past 3 days waiting for the restock, but havent seen any pop up. So I guess im out of luck.
I've been checking for days as well. When I added it to my cart, I raced through the screens to get it, since I lost a couple of things like that during the madness of the boxing day sales.

Keep trying, another one might show up!