You can try to PM it with Best Buy, the same item is going for $126.99
http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetai ... atid=20032
16 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2007
2154 posts
1760 upvotes
Waterloo
Not bad, with the pm just over $1/disc (before tax)

I've had good experiences with these discs in pc drives, but my xbox360 doesn't like them at all
May 23, 2005
673 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
I dont know if the ones on sale are the same ones I have, but I have Memorex dual layers that work just as good as Verbatims on my 360.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2003
5010 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver B.C.
Memorex DVD+RDLs are pretty crappy. The Pioneer DVR-111 probably handles them the best out of any drive, but their quality control is so poor on the discs, that consistant results are difficult to get.

These discs are not recommended.

Here's a comparison for the people who want more then my word on things:

Memorex DVD+RDL media:
http://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia.php?d ... List+Media

Verbatim DVD
Current DVD Burner Suggestion? Stick with Pioneer
Current suggested recordable media?
CD-Rs = Maxell CD-R Pro, Verbatim Datalife+, Falcon Media Pro
DVD
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
46086 posts
6576 upvotes
Richmond Hill
firetrainer wrote: I dont know if the ones on sale are the same ones I have, but I have Memorex dual layers that work just as good as Verbatims on my 360.
You've seen nothing yet. Just wait until a few months later when your Memorexes become unreadable.
Feb 26, 2006
205 posts
2 upvotes
PG, BC
The Digital Dolphin wrote: As you can see, the Memorex stuff is all mixed quality (except for the older stuff from Ricoh, which hasn't been sold under Memorex's brand name for over a year).
Why change a good thing then?
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2007
2154 posts
1760 upvotes
Waterloo
Jon Lai wrote: You've seen nothing yet. Just wait until a few months later when your Memorexes become unreadable.
ive seen that happen- the 360 drive reads the discs at first, then later on it gives dirty disc errors even when not damaged
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
364 upvotes
firetrainer wrote: I dont know if the ones on sale are the same ones I have, but I have Memorex dual layers that work just as good as Verbatims on my 360.
here's my suggestion: make *TWO* backup copies of your 360 games, 1 w/ a Memorex DL disc, and the other w/ a Verbatim DL disc.

come back in ... oh let's say 1/2 yr to a yr and see which one becomes unreadable and/or have prblms first :)
(if both are still readable after that time period, then just extend the time)
MJM
- MJ = mahjong - a chinese game involving LOTS of strategy/skills and the smarts to win!
- M = maniac - just simply CRAZY about this game... i'd play it 24/7 if i had the time!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'... here... I'll be waiting... for you... so if you come here... you'll find me... I promise..." - FF VIII - FAN of the FF series ever since the beginning.

PEPSI IPOD WINNER on xmas.... what a SWEET christmas present!
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2005
2563 posts
66 upvotes
so should i wait to get better media to back up my 360 games?
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
46086 posts
6576 upvotes
Richmond Hill
mahjongmaniac wrote: here's my suggestion: make *TWO* backup copies of your 360 games, 1 w/ a Memorex DL disc, and the other w/ a Verbatim DL disc.

come back in ... oh let's say 1/2 yr to a yr and see which one becomes unreadable and/or have prblms first :)
(if both are still readable after that time period, then just extend the time)
Why even get Memorex in the first place?
Oct 10, 2005
286 posts
1 upvote
I really don't like the Memorex DL discs. I cannot burn them faster than 2.4x
Deal Strategist

Lenovo ThinkPad T430s
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18019 posts
1032 upvotes
These work perfectly fine for me, 360 and all.. I don't need someone like "Jon Lai" to tell me which discs work for me
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
10234 posts
2193 upvotes
Victoria
I think the point was that the quality on memorex discs is inconsistent. Maybe you got a good batch, or just burned on some of the better quality ones in the spindle.

I tried some memorex discs once, some of them worked fine, some of them were really bad.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
46086 posts
6576 upvotes
Richmond Hill
duckdown wrote: These work perfectly fine for me, 360 and all.. I don't need someone like "Jon Lai" to tell me which discs work for me
You know, by suggesting things like this, I'm not gaining anything, but you are. Despite you thinking whether or not it is useful information I dont' care, but your attitude is something worth exploring.
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
364 upvotes
Jon Lai wrote: Why even get Memorex in the first place?
well, it appears that firetrainer insists that Memorex DL's are "just as good as" the Verbatim DL's... and if he can buy Memorex DL's for a cheaper $/disc than Verbatim's, he'll go for that route....
MJM
- MJ = mahjong - a chinese game involving LOTS of strategy/skills and the smarts to win!
- M = maniac - just simply CRAZY about this game... i'd play it 24/7 if i had the time!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'... here... I'll be waiting... for you... so if you come here... you'll find me... I promise..." - FF VIII - FAN of the FF series ever since the beginning.

PEPSI IPOD WINNER on xmas.... what a SWEET christmas present!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2003
5010 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver B.C.
*pgguy* wrote: Why change a good thing then?
Because the Ritek crap was cheaper, and no one complains to Memorex when the DVD+RDL's go bad, they just throw them out. So Memorex has no reason to care.
Current DVD Burner Suggestion? Stick with Pioneer
Current suggested recordable media?
CD-Rs = Maxell CD-R Pro, Verbatim Datalife+, Falcon Media Pro
DVD
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2005
7376 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto
~$53 + tax after PM
_{o,o}...{o.-}--{0,0}
_|)__)_--|)_(|-_-(__(|
--"-"-___-"-"-__--"-"-

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)