• Jun 21st, 2007 8:12 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2007
2095 posts
1545 upvotes
Waterloo
mahjongmaniac wrote: i happened to get a raincheck f/ last sale period too... hehe....

thing is, i got one even tho they had some instock :D
it's odd how bestbuy and futureshop handle rainchecks

i asked one guy in BB sherway gardens for a raincheck, he said no- i ask the manager and he says he cant give one either and they havent given out any in the past 5 years- i then show him a raincheck i got from the very same besbuy location 2 weeks ago and he was speechless

i guess it all depends on who you talk to
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2006
2297 posts
594 upvotes
Jon Lai wrote: Statistically, these disks burn best at 4x. yes, 8x will be much faster, but you'll thank yourself down the road for making better quality burns as there's less chance of a coaster, and the disk is less susceptible and prone to errors when you read it in the future.
If the disc is fully readable after the 8x burn then you have nothing to worry about. Errors won't start suddenly appearing due to the fact you burnt it faster, they can only appear as a sign of aging of media, which you cannot avoid even with 2.4x burns.
Deal Addict
Sep 21, 2006
2985 posts
28 upvotes
Vancouver
superfigz wrote: it's odd how bestbuy and futureshop handle rainchecks

i asked one guy in BB sherway gardens for a raincheck, he said no- i ask the manager and he says he cant give one either and they havent given out any in the past 5 years- i then show him a raincheck i got from the very same besbuy location 2 weeks ago and he was speechless

Theres a couple reasons for this.

1. Employees dont want to waste their time printing up the raincheck reciept for you
2. When you come get your reincheck price at a later date when the price has gone back up, its all -GM and the store + commision for an employee if any, takes a hit

I had to ask 6 guys at FS for a reincheck on these dvds before I finally got one, and I had to argue for 5 mins with the 6th guy for him to give it to me. They kept feeding me lines, telling me to drive to anther FS (which only had web pickups), or other BS. The funny thing is, when the guy finally did print up the reciept for me, it took all of 15 seconds. Alot less then the time it took for him to argue with me on why he cannot give me one.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2003
5010 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver B.C.
mahjongmaniac wrote: so many RFDers checked out the spindles and witnessed MIS stock, but no one has seen the MII (i.e. lower quality Verbatim's) stock yet ?

thought they were distributed to retailers last mth ... ?
There are still some problems getting volume production going out of India. However they'll show up in retail in the USA before we'll see them here. I think Fry's is slated to get them first.
Current DVD Burner Suggestion? Stick with Pioneer
Current suggested recordable media?
CD-Rs = Maxell CD-R Pro, Verbatim Datalife+, Falcon Media Pro
DVD
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2003
5010 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver B.C.
Thrasher wrote: If the disc is fully readable after the 8x burn then you have nothing to worry about. Errors won't start suddenly appearing due to the fact you burnt it faster, they can only appear as a sign of aging of media, which you cannot avoid even with 2.4x burns.
Just because a disc is fully readable doesn't mean the error rate isn't much higher, and therefore the disc more prone to failure. Burning them at 4x is a lot smarter then burning them at 8x. This is why most drives removed support for 8x recording on this media, some only support it at 2.4x now!! (although most will go to 4x or 6x).
DVD
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2006
2297 posts
594 upvotes
The Digital Dolphin wrote: Just because a disc is fully readable doesn't mean the error rate isn't much higher, and therefore the disc more prone to failure. Burning them at 4x is a lot smarter then burning them at 8x. This is why most drives removed support for 8x recording on this media, some only support it at 2.4x now!! (although most will go to 4x or 6x).
I will try to burn one disc at 8x and and one at 4x, maybe even one at 2.4 and compare error rates. If the 8x burn will have an acceptable error rate, that's how I will be burning all my discs. :)
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
362 upvotes
superfigz wrote: it's odd how bestbuy and futureshop handle rainchecks

wow... i'm surprised that happened to you.

usually when i ask for rainchecks at the CS desk, they just do it for in a snap. no waiting req'd, no arguing, and no BS....

for those CSRs who don't care, they just give it to you no prblms.... but for those CSRs who are a bit more responsible, they'd actually check their inventory if they had that item instock before offering a raincheck.
MJM
- MJ = mahjong - a chinese game involving LOTS of strategy/skills and the smarts to win!
- M = maniac - just simply CRAZY about this game... i'd play it 24/7 if i had the time!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'... here... I'll be waiting... for you... so if you come here... you'll find me... I promise..." - FF VIII - FAN of the FF series ever since the beginning.

PEPSI IPOD WINNER on xmas.... what a SWEET christmas present!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2003
5010 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver B.C.
mahjongmaniac wrote: wow... i'm surprised that happened to you.

usually when i ask for rainchecks at the CS desk, they just do it for in a snap. no waiting req'd, no arguing, and no BS....

for those CSRs who don't care, they just give it to you no prblms.... but for those CSRs who are a bit more responsible, they'd actually check their inventory if they had that item instock before offering a raincheck.
Yeah, I've had problems getting rain-cheques too, and the sales reps who gave me trouble got given a talking to afterwards when I reported it :cheesygri
DVD
Penalty Box
Dec 11, 2006
4835 posts
1823 upvotes
Ajax
Can these be found anywhere in the GTA at this point? I tried a few stores in the east and they are sold out.
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
362 upvotes
The Digital Dolphin wrote: Yeah, I've had problems getting rain-cheques too, and the sales reps who gave me trouble got given a talking to afterwards when I reported it :cheesygri
pwned :twisted:

i've yet to encounter a prblm getting rainchecks at at FS, but there's that BB that claims to "not do rainchecks" at all.... i guess next time i'll just report them to their superiors and see what happens :razz:
MJM
- MJ = mahjong - a chinese game involving LOTS of strategy/skills and the smarts to win!
- M = maniac - just simply CRAZY about this game... i'd play it 24/7 if i had the time!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'... here... I'll be waiting... for you... so if you come here... you'll find me... I promise..." - FF VIII - FAN of the FF series ever since the beginning.

PEPSI IPOD WINNER on xmas.... what a SWEET christmas present!
Feb 16, 2005
938 posts
445 upvotes
Rather starting a new thread, i just post on this one instead.

I got the FS flyer and saw this at the back. Deal starts tomorrow. Time to stock up for those of you in need for Verbatim DL DVD+R 20-pack.

The price is still $29.99
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2003
9340 posts
1510 upvotes
Richmond Hill
DealsLookout wrote: Rather starting a new thread, i just post on this one instead.

I got the FS flyer and saw this at the back. Deal starts tomorrow. Time to stock up for those of you in need for Verbatim DL DVD+R 20-pack.

The price is still $29.99
thx 4 the heads-up :!: only 1 left online, and all 4 stores close my work and home show [IMG]http://www.futureshop.ca/images/interfa ... o_info.gif[/IMG]
Penalty Box
Dec 11, 2006
4835 posts
1823 upvotes
Ajax
wlee wrote: thx 4 the heads-up :!: only 1 left online, and all 4 stores close my work and home show [IMG]http://www.futureshop.ca/images/interfa ... o_info.gif[/IMG]

As we know from the last sale, the online store tracking is full of ****. The stores had 40+ spindles each. I think they did this to try to avoid the mass ordering for pickups.
Deal Guru
Nov 27, 2005
11757 posts
1471 upvotes
Toronto
Will pick up a pack on the weekend for sure.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)