• Last Updated:
  • Oct 15th, 2011 10:44 am
Tags:
None
Nov 4, 2003
250 posts
5 upvotes
you have a very common problem.

replacing your switches should fix the problem.

Also remember to turn off your receiver whenever you make any changes, like plugging cables into the receiver.

emp are like the mercedes of switches, and i know plenty of people who use them, and read many good thing about them. better than those crappy free switches that comes with the receivers.
teoconca wrote: I have 23" Elliptical dish with dual 3 LNBs for 91 110 and 119 running to 2 receivers (Coolsat 5000 - upstair & Sonicview 4000 - downstair) using the cheap 2 4X1 switches.
91-port 4
110-port 1
119-port 3

After 1 week, the Sonicview can only see the signal from 110 at 99%. Signal from 119 is at zero. Signal from 91 is scrambled and at 49%, this is understandable as B*V is switched to Nag 3. The Coolsat upstair can only reveives signal from 119. The question to everyone is it because my switches are burnt out due to pointing to different satellites. I think I have to use different switches. I am planning to replace them with the EMP Centauri 4X1 switches. Can someone answer my question if what I am doing is correct? Any comments on the EMP Centari switches. :?:

Thanks in advance.

SonicView 4000 and Coolsat 5000
4-1 Disecq Switches
Dec 1, 2006
979 posts
220 upvotes
I'm in a market for buying satelite, but I'm little confused with amount of receiver brands... What would be a future proof brand to get?? nfusion??
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
4042 posts
1202 upvotes
Kingston
chinmoku_tak wrote: I'm in a market for buying satelite, but I'm little confused with amount of receiver brands... What would be a future proof brand to get?? nfusion??
Seeing what I have seen, Nfusion is your most future proof receiver right now as they are up on BEV and most likely will be up on DN when N3 hits. However, there is no guarantees.....
Nov 4, 2003
250 posts
5 upvotes
get a bell satellite system. it will always work, and when in time comes for a switch over, they will offer you some better deals for being an existing customer.
chinmoku_tak wrote: I'm in a market for buying satelite, but I'm little confused with amount of receiver brands... What would be a future proof brand to get?? nfusion??
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
20805 posts
6622 upvotes
London
teb wrote: you have a very common problem...replacing your switches should fix the problem.....
+1, cheapie switches will eventually die and it usually happens on the coldest day. "Chieta" brand diseqc 4X1 are good too ($15 ea).

The other alternative is to use either SW21 or SW22 (22 khz) switches as they are more robust. These will only work for 2 sats only like 110 and 119. You can't get them for 3 sats.

You also need to check grounding as well. Sometimes 1 receiver will work when the other one is turned off. The signals to the switches can interfere with each other when there is a bad ground
Dec 1, 2006
979 posts
220 upvotes
teb wrote: get a bell satellite system. it will always work, and when in time comes for a switch over, they will offer you some better deals for being an existing customer.
I would rather get rogers in that case :)
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2004
2076 posts
96 upvotes
Ktichener, ON
I have been Told all the Channel from 61.5 W will move to 148 W To Anik 3 118.7. Which require a Diff Dish and LNB
Can some body shade some light on it ?
Mar 30, 2004
919 posts
11 upvotes
Newmarket
61.5 is the east coast version of 148, as the people in the east can't get 148, as it is too low in the horizon. They will not replace one with the other.
We have enough youth.. what we need is a fountain of smart
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2004
2076 posts
96 upvotes
Ktichener, ON
Tjalfe wrote: 61.5 is the east coast version of 148, as the people in the east can't get 148, as it is too low in the horizon. They will not replace one with the other.
Thanks for the info
I am sure they would also switch to N3 too ?
Now If I have Dish 300 and If I were to live in down in TeXas. WHat should I do so it can get signal from 148
Also If I were to do these sort of Testing what should I do.
I am wondering do I need to Replace the Whole Hardware to this 33" DISH WITH DUAL COMBO LNB FOR 119 AND 118.8 ANIK F3 or
Shoul I get Simply change the LNB with this CIRCULAR DUAL LNB DISH ANIK F3
Nov 4, 2003
250 posts
5 upvotes
You cannot get 118/119 with a dish 300 if you just switch the LNB.

You will need the 33" combo.

most channels on 148 is just locals and some international channels which are one 118.

if you are in the US. depending where you are, you can get a dish 500+ or if you want HD, you can get a dish 1000+, the "+" gives you an LNB that catches 118
Mir wrote: Thanks for the info
I am sure they would also switch to N3 too ?
Now If I have Dish 300 and If I were to live in down in TeXas. WHat should I do so it can get signal from 148
Also If I were to do these sort of Testing what should I do.
I am wondering do I need to Replace the Whole Hardware to this 33" DISH WITH DUAL COMBO LNB FOR 119 AND 118.8 ANIK F3 or
Shoul I get Simply change the LNB with this CIRCULAR DUAL LNB DISH ANIK F3
Nov 4, 2003
250 posts
5 upvotes
Well, most ppl compare 61.5 to 129 because its the east coast satellite with HD.

all new subscribers in the US east coast uses, 61.5,72.7,77.

I don't remember which cities uses this setup.

I believe the international satellite is 118, thats where dish moved all their channels from 121 before.

Hope this helps
Tjalfe wrote: 61.5 is the east coast version of 148, as the people in the east can't get 148, as it is too low in the horizon. They will not replace one with the other.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2007
3526 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone here have a neosat or know how they are running? Mine seems to have been done for a lot of the time in the last couple months, and when it's up there is usually freezing.
Nov 4, 2003
250 posts
5 upvotes
The new satellite has arrived at 129 replacing echostar 5.

Dishnet has started to put some channels on spotbeams.

You might notice better quality from a few transponders.

Happy testing
Mar 4, 2006
474 posts
148 upvotes
Does anyone know of any HD FTA receivers that have ATSC input can work as a PVR for OTA HD programing? I think an HD FTA receiver with an internal hard drive and USB port that can be used as a PVR for OTA HD programing will be a great alternative to a DVD writer.

Anyone know it the FTA receiver and be use for such purpose?
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
4042 posts
1202 upvotes
Kingston
davebert wrote: Does anyone know of any HD FTA receivers that have ATSC input can work as a PVR for OTA HD programing? I think an HD FTA receiver with an internal hard drive and USB port that can be used as a PVR for OTA HD programing will be a great alternative to a DVD writer.

Anyone know it the FTA receiver and be use for such purpose?
These don't have an internal HDD (I don't think any FTA HD has internal), but they have ATSC:

Nfusion HD
Sonicview 8000 HD
Mar 4, 2006
474 posts
148 upvotes
But can the ones with external USB drives record OTA programing?
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
4042 posts
1202 upvotes
Kingston
davebert wrote: But can the ones with external USB drives record OTA programing?
As long as you set it up for OTA, then yes you can do it.

The receiver will record whatever is coming through to your tv.
Aug 6, 2008
354 posts
28 upvotes
kcorscadden wrote: As long as you set it up for OTA, then yes you can do it.

The receiver will record whatever is coming through to your tv.
Would you know which FTA receivers have ATSC tuners?
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
4042 posts
1202 upvotes
Kingston
concou wrote: Would you know which FTA receivers have ATSC tuners?
Not off hand, but with a little bit of research, you can find it.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2004
2076 posts
96 upvotes
Ktichener, ON
teb wrote: You cannot get 118/119 with a dish 300 if you just switch the LNB.

You will need the 33" combo.

most channels on 148 is just locals and some international channels which are one 118.

if you are in the US. depending where you are, you can get a dish 500+ or if you want HD, you can get a dish 1000+, the "+" gives you an LNB that catches 118
ok
If some body in TeXas they need to switch Dish 300 to 33' and CIRCULAR DUAL LNB DISH ANIK F3 ? Right ?
Now for me I am thinking about getting into this.
I have Dish 500 (Quad Legacy) and Dish 300 sitting in the storage. I use to catch 119,110 (American Channels)and 61.5 West (Int)
I am out touch for this since Last 4 years.
If want to get back to this what I will need ?
I am thinking dish 300 is useless ? Not sure Dish 500, I think Leagcy Dual Quad LNB is use less too ?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)