Automotive

Is Fuchs Titan FE oil worth the extra $$$?

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 15th, 2019 7:41 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
3822 posts
2413 upvotes

Is Fuchs Titan FE oil worth the extra $$$?

Fuchs Titan FE gear oil costs 40% more than non FE.
Worth to spend the extra?
Last edited by cristianosham on Aug 9th, 2019 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
10 replies
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 13, 2004
11666 posts
3352 upvotes
Ontario
I think you mean Fuchs.

What does the manufacture say the difference is between the the two? What was FE stand for?
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
4196 posts
4381 upvotes
I guess it depends if you give a Fuchs sake.
For legal topics and discussions, the opinion, guidance, and thoughts provided are my own and are not considered to be legal advice, in any manner.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2009
4260 posts
2644 upvotes
Ontario
If you are doing the job yourself use the best and you are more likely to get a good outcome in the end - oils well that ends well.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
3822 posts
2413 upvotes
Martin (deal addict) wrote: If you are doing the job yourself use the best and you are more likely to get a good outcome in the end - oils well that ends well.
Yeah I sprang the extra for the Fuchs FE and also Febi haldex oil since it's going to be home made oil changes. Still waiting for them filters to arrive from the UK.
Images
  • 20191003_140407.jpg
  • 20191003_140336.jpg
  • 20191003_140444.jpg
Deal Guru
User avatar
Oct 5, 2008
14484 posts
8703 upvotes
Toronto
cristianosham wrote: Yeah I sprang the extra for the Fuchs FE and also Febi haldex oil since it's going to be home made oil changes. Still waiting for them filters to arrive from the UK.
thank goodness you updated this thread, we were all anxiously awaiting your decision
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
3822 posts
2413 upvotes
Swerny wrote: thank goodness you updated this thread, we were all anxiously awaiting your decision
You are welcome buddy, unfortunately the stealership nailed me 15 bucks for 3 lousy drain plugs.
Images
  • 20191003_100842.jpg
  • 20191003_100904.jpg
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
2886 posts
1190 upvotes
GTA
cristianosham wrote: You are welcome buddy, unfortunately the stealership nailed me 15 bucks for 3 lousy drain plugs.
I just paid $5 for a drain plug from CT, which I think is reasonable.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
3822 posts
2413 upvotes
Had some free time this afternoon and coming back from home depot. So why not tackle the rear differential oil change. This was less than 15 minutes, even quicker than an engine oil change.
Fill plug out, drain plug out, new drain plug, pump in the new oil, and new fill plug.
Images
  • 20191012_121124.jpg
  • 20191012_115648.jpg
  • 20191012_120718.jpg
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
3822 posts
2413 upvotes
Today I had some free time to get the front done.
Images
  • 20191015_122402.jpg
  • 20191015_122641.jpg
  • 20191015_123955.jpg
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
4322 posts
4484 upvotes
GTA
Did you make sure the car was level when filling those diffs?

Top