Fujifilm Mirrorless Cameras

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 16th, 2022 10:51 am
Tags:
None
Nov 5, 2005
96 posts
13 upvotes
Thoughts on picking up an X-T20 body used for $400-$450? Seems to be quite similar to the X-T30 (same sensor) but wondering if it's getting a bit old now given it came out Feb 2017. A new X-T20 can be had on Amazon for $650 + tax which benefits from having a 1 year warranty.

At some point in the future I may look into the X-T3/4 but that's not a guarantee. I figure an X-T20 may be a cheaper way to get into the Fuji ecosystem and test things out before I get fully integrated. Will probably pick up a used 35mm F2 or 23mm F2. Currently upgrading from an ancient DSLR (Nikon D60!!).
Deal Fanatic
Jan 29, 2007
8237 posts
1413 upvotes
Montreal
Fujifilm Events for the X-T4 Launch are popping up in selected Canadian Cities...

If you go don't forget to ask for the Fujifilm Canada $50.00 Mail-In Rebate Coupon

It usually take 3 weeks to to a Cheque from Fujifilm Canada after Mailing it in...
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2002
6833 posts
7575 upvotes
Toronto
ericdraven wrote: Fujifilm Events for the X-T4 Launch are popping up in selected Canadian Cities...

If you go don't forget to ask for the Fujifilm Canada $50.00 Mail-In Rebate Coupon

It usually take 3 weeks to to a Cheque from Fujifilm Canada after Mailing it in...
My (repaired) X-T1 is still going strong. I find with the good glass and in the type of shooting I do, 16MP is enough. I'm wondering if IBIS would help with the 10-24 which is my go-to lens.

My combo is still X-T1 and X-M1 as second body backup.
Si Tacuisses, Philosophus Mansisses
Deal Fanatic
Feb 16, 2006
5264 posts
2270 upvotes
Vancouver
Considering Fuji for my next system or moving to Sony E mount.

I shoot mostly air shows and wildlife now with some landscape. Youth sports are behind me. Its the auto tracking in APS-C that intrigues me.

Deal Addict
May 5, 2010
1534 posts
886 upvotes
NewsyL wrote: Considering Fuji for my next system or moving to Sony E mount.

I shoot mostly air shows and wildlife now with some landscape. Youth sports are behind me. Its the auto tracking in APS-C that intrigues me.

If it's APS-C that intrigues you, Fuji is definitely a better choice compared to Sony's APS-C lenses offering. If Full frame or APS-C isn't an issue, I don't think Fuji has anything that can beat Sony's A9 as of now for wildlife.
Nov 18, 2004
689 posts
274 upvotes
Toronto
I've pre-ordered the x-t4 and am now looking for lenses. Looking back in this thread it looks like Fuji does some lense sales in-between camera launches - like last year. But if there really is an X-H2 next year then maybe there won't be a lens sale. They did the X-H1 bundled with some lenses recently to help move the discontinued body I guess. Hopefully this isn't the only way they will go. On lenses I'm interested in the 16 1.4 and the 90 f2 (torn between saving $ on the 16 f2.8 and 50-140 f2.8 as the alternatives). Unfortunately the 16 f1.4 does not come on the used market that often.

When you buy used lenses how do you test to ensure they are in good shape?

Edit: now I am comparing the X-T4 to the Z6..,
Deal Addict
May 6, 2010
1224 posts
580 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Newtown wrote: Thoughts on picking up an X-T20 body used for $400-$450? Seems to be quite similar to the X-T30 (same sensor) but wondering if it's getting a bit old now given it came out Feb 2017. A new X-T20 can be had on Amazon for $650 + tax which benefits from having a 1 year warranty.

At some point in the future I may look into the X-T3/4 but that's not a guarantee. I figure an X-T20 may be a cheaper way to get into the Fuji ecosystem and test things out before I get fully integrated. Will probably pick up a used 35mm F2 or 23mm F2. Currently upgrading from an ancient DSLR (Nikon D60!!).
used XT-20 is perfectly fine, I beat mine with sand and water and it's still holding up. I do landscapes and nature which is almost perfect with right lenses. Fast moving objects and sports with low light - not so much.
55-200 is a killer for price/quality.
Nov 5, 2005
96 posts
13 upvotes
Possum77 wrote: used XT-20 is perfectly fine, I beat mine with sand and water and it's still holding up. I do landscapes and nature which is almost perfect with right lenses. Fast moving objects and sports with low light - not so much.
55-200 is a killer for price/quality.
Appreciate the insight. Managed to snag one with a 15-45 kit lens (which I'll sell) for $550 brand new off craigslist (with receipt and full year warranty).
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
3014 posts
1020 upvotes
Toronto
Sony user here. The x100 series was always on my bucket list as an everyday, slide in your pocket and back up camera. Thinking of selling one of my landscape lenses and picking up a used x100. Can anyone chime in on whether or not the x100 is still good in 2020 or is something like the xt100 a better option? Mostly do portraits with the occasional landscape photo.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2010
1534 posts
886 upvotes
congeetime wrote: Sony user here. The x100 series was always on my bucket list as an everyday, slide in your pocket and back up camera. Thinking of selling one of my landscape lenses and picking up a used x100. Can anyone chime in on whether or not the x100 is still good in 2020 or is something like the xt100 a better option? Mostly do portraits with the occasional landscape photo.
The X100 series are quite a niche cameras, in a way that you are limited to 35mm equiv FOV. If you love that range, it's a very fun and beautiful camera. I have the tele adapter, but it just makes the camera much bulkier and I usually just pick another camera instead when I want to use 50mm FOV.
So if you don't like the focal length, the XT200 will be much better at a lower price or get a X-T20 or X-T30 for an even better camera. The XT100 is not that good.

As for the X100, X100s, X100T or X100F being still good in 2020, it depends on the type of photography. I use mine for documentary photography (mainly people) so I find my X100T's autofocus a bit slow now compared to cameras from the last 2-3 years, but I have no complaint for the image quality or the sensor and lens. That means that if I'm using it for static subject, it's still great and will be for many years. I heard the X100F's autofocus is great.
The X100V has a redesigned lens with sharper image.

Also, you will need to have a gigantic pocket to fit the X100 series camera and be comfortable. It's about the same size of a X-T1,2,3 or 4 with a 27mm F2.8.
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2007
1163 posts
662 upvotes
Vancouver
I've been using the XT-2 for a few years now but started to use it a lot more for video. I decided to preorder the XT-4 and seems like it's going to be a major improvement. Hoping that shipments don't get delayed.

What's everyone's favorite video lens? I'm using a 18-55mm right now with the XT-2 but I borrowed a XT-3/16-55mm f/2.8 and have kind of falling in love with this lens but it's so $$$
Nov 18, 2004
689 posts
274 upvotes
Toronto
I have a pre-order for the XT4 but it was for a trip that is now cancelled. I've read more about the Nikon Z line and though I think it's not for me, I read about the lense noise when focusing - and the Fuji lenses can be noisy.
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2007
1163 posts
662 upvotes
Vancouver
When do the lenses go on sale again? I think I want to get my own 16-55mm f/2.8 but I think I remember seeing it around that $1000 range a few times?

There is a returned one available on amazon for $1100 hmm
Jul 20, 2003
292 posts
93 upvotes
Newtown wrote: Thoughts on picking up an X-T20 body used for $400-$450? Seems to be quite similar to the X-T30 (same sensor) but wondering if it's getting a bit old now given it came out Feb 2017. A new X-T20 can be had on Amazon for $650 + tax which benefits from having a 1 year warranty.

X-T30 does not have the same sensor as the X-T20, and is actually a lot better than X-T20, new sensor, new processor, better AF, faster burst, better video ...etc, pretty much noticeably better in every aspect.
This is not to say X-T20 is not a good camera, I'm sure it's still very capable, but X-T30 is definitely worth the extra money IMHO.
Sep 28, 2008
920 posts
1111 upvotes
The price difference between X-T20 and X-T30 is just too much atm. Way more value with X-T20 unless you really value video capabilities.

I also would prefer the dpad on the X-T20
May 26, 2020
173 posts
444 upvotes
Wondering if anyone here can offer their take on the X-T100.

Total beginner with photography and have been on the fence between this and the Sony A6000.

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2013
1666 posts
1558 upvotes
Montr
AriGold89 wrote: Wondering if anyone here can offer their take on the X-T100.

Total beginner with photography and have been on the fence between this and the Sony A6000.

Thanks!
I have the A5 which is same as xt100 but without Evf
In general it’s sluggish compared to more expensive options. The low light performance is average and AF options are limited
For a beginner xt100 is more than enough.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2010
1534 posts
886 upvotes
AriGold89 wrote: Wondering if anyone here can offer their take on the X-T100.

Thanks!
One of the biggest con on the X-T100 is the unusable 4K which is limited at 15 FPS, but since the A6000 doesn't do 4K and you're choosing between the two, we can just leave that point out.

Since you are a total beginner to photography, I'll push you to the X-T100. The 2 main reasons are the vast lenses selection for Fuji and the better usability of the menu. I have an A6000 and I don't own the X-T100 but I have 2 older Fuji cameras and they are much ahead in term of simplicity in their menu.
I still remember grabbing my A6000 for the 1st time as an experienced camera user and still spent more than a hour just to set the camera to my liking. When I grabbed my Fuji camera for the 1st time, I was done setting in a couple of minutes.

One of my favorite lens on APS-C is a 35mm and Fuji has their budget version, the 35mm F2 XC priced at $260 while a Sony 35mm F1.8 cost $580. Fuji does also make more “premium” 35mm which cost similar to Sony's 35.

Another win for Fuji is the colour of their jpeg. Liking the colour is obviously subjective, but Fuji is known to make some of the best while Sony's A6000 (before the era of A7RIII and A7III which they reworked their colour science) is one of the most hated. Personally, I don't like the jpeg from my A6000 but I shoot RAW so it doesn't matter, but for a beginner, it's pushing to much to tell you to edit your pictures for you to like them.

Btw, is the budget a reason why you're choosing the X-T100 over the X-T200? Or even the A6000 over the A6400? Because both of the latter are much better cameras.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)