Investing

Funds that mimic the Dow on RBC investing

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2020 10:21 am
[OP]
Newbie
Nov 25, 2016
95 posts
46 upvotes

Funds that mimic the Dow on RBC investing

Hi,

I'm with RBC investing and would like to know wich funds that mimic the Dow Jones I could buy and if this is a good idea right now. It was at 29500 and tomorow, it may go down below 18000.

Thank you
9 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 26, 2007
1771 posts
723 upvotes
YYZ
natrill wrote: Hi,

I'm with RBC investing and would like to know wich funds that mimic the Dow Jones I could buy and if this is a good idea right now. It was at 29500 and tomorow, it may go down below 18000.

Thank you
your post seems so skewed lol. it was at 29000 in Feb? you make it seem like it dropped 60% in one day
[OP]
Newbie
Nov 25, 2016
95 posts
46 upvotes
That was not my intention at all. I have some cash and the dow fell a lot in the last 2 months and would like to put that cash in a semi safe investment but don't know how to do it by buying funds. So my question stays for those who have a response. Wich funds that I can buy from RBC that mimic the Dow.

Thanks
Newbie
Feb 7, 2015
24 posts
16 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
natrill wrote: That was not my intention at all. I have some cash and the dow fell a lot in the last 2 months and would like to put that cash in a semi safe investment but don't know how to do it by buying funds. So my question stays for those who have a response. Wich funds that I can buy from RBC that mimic the Dow.

Thanks
ZDJ
Penalty Box
Jun 15, 2012
2537 posts
807 upvotes
Saskatoon
At this time, there is only one non-leveraged ETF which follows the Dow, the SPDR Dow Jones Industrial Average ETF (DIA).
“Because gold is honest money it is disliked by dishonest men.” – Ron Paul
'The rich get richer and the poor get - children.'
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 26, 2007
1771 posts
723 upvotes
YYZ
natrill wrote: I can buy it from RBC even if it's a BMO funds ?

Thanks for your help
if you have a trading account, you can buy any stocks. it doesn't have to be affiliated with the bank.

judging by your questions, it seems you are getting into trading. I would highly recommend doing some research before you start investing.
[OP]
Newbie
Nov 25, 2016
95 posts
46 upvotes
bLuPhYrE wrote: if you have a trading account, you can buy any stocks. it doesn't have to be affiliated with the bank.

judging by your questions, it seems you are getting into trading. I would highly recommend doing some research before you start investing.
I have always traded individual stock never funds. I did not know you could buy any funds from any company from RBC.

Thank you very much
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 11, 2009
16838 posts
3252 upvotes
Toronto
ukrainiandude wrote: At this time, there is only one non-leveraged ETF which follows the Dow, the SPDR Dow Jones Industrial Average ETF (DIA).
This. DIA is an ETF that essentially tracks the price of the DOW futures divided by 100. You won't get anything better.
Real Estate Agent, CPA, CA
[OP]
Newbie
Nov 25, 2016
95 posts
46 upvotes
deal_with_singh wrote: This. DIA is an ETF that essentially tracks the price of the DOW futures divided by 100. You won't get anything better.
Thank you for your response. I will look into it.

Have a nice day

Top