• Dec 28th, 2019 8:10 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Jan 22, 2012
588 posts
221 upvotes
Bradford

Furnace

There are so many furnace threads and so many opinions. How does one actually pick a good furnace?

I’m leaning towards the Goodman GMVC96. We have a 2 storey, 4 bedroom house. Currently have a 100,000 btu (not high efficiency) that is 19 years old.
4 replies
Nov 2, 2015
180 posts
138 upvotes
Oakville
It really just comes down to what features of a furnace and brand you're most comfortable with paired with a company with good reviews, good follow up, and clean installations. Some people like Goodman because they're less money for cheaper parts, some people like big named brands like Lennox or Carrier. The reality is you'll very likely be happy with your decision if you're comfortable with your brand and installer. The GMVC96 would be a fine furnace to put into your home as long as the company you have doing it has a nice warranty, the price is right, and isn't a fly-by-night kinda guy.
[OP]
Jan 22, 2012
588 posts
221 upvotes
Bradford
Thank you for the info.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
2651 posts
1008 upvotes
Woodbridge
When you get a chance read through this thread : new-furnace-time-2322131/
OP got GMVC installed. I wish you were in GTA and we would be able to help you.

Topher86 wrote: There are so many furnace threads and so many opinions. How does one actually pick a good furnace?

I’m leaning towards the Goodman GMVC96. We have a 2 storey, 4 bedroom house. Currently have a 100,000 btu (not high efficiency) that is 19 years old.
HVAC Professional. Committed to customer, not brand.
Central Air Condition Group Buy-2021
[OP]
Jan 22, 2012
588 posts
221 upvotes
Bradford
Thank you. I am happy to hear you recommend the Goodman. I know in the past they were not as good but I feel the quality is there now.