• Last Updated:
  • Apr 5th, 2019 2:27 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9766 posts
1492 upvotes

Furnace Limit Switch

Anyone know where I can buy a limit switch for my furnace? Only found one on Amazon US. I have a Carrier 59SC5 that I want to try to change the switch see if it's faulty. Any local stores in York Region?
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
10 replies
Nov 2, 2015
106 posts
60 upvotes
Oakville
WWG Totaline should carry them off Markham road I believe it is. Carrier product distributor. They'll likely only sell to someone with a gas license, however.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2007
1974 posts
1322 upvotes
+1 for Amre Supply, they are my first stop for things like this.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9766 posts
1492 upvotes
Can anyone help me with the part. Mine is the orange picture. The white one looks identical however the bottom number is ddifferent. Is that ok to switch it with this?

And than I also found on amresupply a metal one by itself. Is that all that is needed to change it ? I can’t find the identical looking piece on amresupply :/
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2007
1974 posts
1322 upvotes
aquariaguy wrote:
Apr 3rd, 2019 1:10 pm
Can anyone help me with the part. Mine is the orange picture. The white one looks identical however the bottom number is ddifferent. Is that ok to switch it with this?

And than I also found on amresupply a metal one by itself. Is that all that is needed to change it ? I can’t find the identical looking piece on amresupply :/
I'm sorry to say that of you can't figure out which switch and how to properly identify a replacement, you should call a HVAC service to replace it.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9766 posts
1492 upvotes
Jojo_Madman wrote:
Apr 4th, 2019 6:51 pm
I'm sorry to say that of you can't figure out which switch and how to properly identify a replacement, you should call a HVAC service to replace it.
Yup, but first I like to try to learn things on my own and figure it out. Thats why I posted a message, because many people are HVAC here, and probably have a store or two where they order stuff from which helps to find legit places.

That's whats nice about the internet, some people help, and some people don't.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2007
1974 posts
1322 upvotes
aquariaguy wrote:
Apr 4th, 2019 6:54 pm
Yup, but first I like to try to learn things on my own and figure it out. Thats why I posted a message, because many people are HVAC here, and probably have a store or two where they order stuff from which helps to find legit places.

That's whats nice about the internet, some people help, and some people don't.
I'm all about helping, as I'm sure my profile shows that ... but messing with a gas furnace isn't something I'd suggest to anyone as a starting point to figure something out, especially if they can't pull out a part and post a proper picture of the part they are looking for.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2007
2603 posts
308 upvotes
Waterloo
aquariaguy wrote:
Apr 3rd, 2019 9:11 am
Anyone know where I can buy a limit switch for my furnace? Only found one on Amazon US. I have a Carrier 59SC5 that I want to try to change the switch see if it's faulty. Any local stores in York Region?
Lets start all over again.

Whats the problem with your furnace?
What model is your furnace exactly?
What model is your thermostat?

include all details. how old is it when did the problem start. what are the signs symptoms.