• Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2020 3:28 pm
[OP]
Oct 30, 2009
179 posts
109 upvotes
Milton

Furnace parts store in GTA?

Hi folks, does anyone knows any store I could drop by and pick up furnace limit and flame rollout switches?
17 replies
Mar 6, 2019
43 posts
27 upvotes
Calgary
I bought the odd furnace parts from Amre Supply. You can search on their website to see if they have your parts. They look to have a couple of locations in the GTA.
Amre Supply
[OP]
Oct 30, 2009
179 posts
109 upvotes
Milton
Checked and not available. Does online and store have the same inventory?
I may have to make a call tomorrow and see.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4263 posts
3660 upvotes
Toronto
Noble might have them, but I hear some product lines they only sell to licenced tradespeople, while other things they'll sell to the public.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
2490 posts
915 upvotes
Woodbridge
OP not to scare you but if you have issues with flame roll out switch and high limit, you must seek professional help. Both ARE safety switch and trips only when there is a substantial issue with heat exchanger.
I can only hope proper diagnostic was carried. Remember its not what is faulty buy why its faulty.
Last edited by newlyborn on Dec 15th, 2019 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
HVAC Professional. Committed to customer, not brand.
Humidifier 2020 Group Buy
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2007
4685 posts
805 upvotes
Waterloo
kuyaxx wrote: Hi folks, does anyone knows any store I could drop by and pick up furnace limit and flame rollout switches?
newlyborn wrote: OP not to scare you but if you have issues with flame roll out switch and high limit, you must seek professional help. Both safety switch and trips only when there is a substantial issue with heat exchanger.
I can only hope proper diagnostic was carried. Remember its not what is faulty buy why its faulty.
There is prolly an issue with the heatexchanger. But the issue with the lockout will persist after swap of the switches.

[OP] don't bypass these switches. you will damage the furnace more.

Last edited by Supahhh on Dec 15th, 2019 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
----
Pay it forward.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4792 posts
398 upvotes
GTA
This is probably not a diy situation
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2004
4114 posts
693 upvotes
Toronto
Bricks-and-mortar shops will almost certainly not sell these parts to you unless you can show them a license.
[OP]
Oct 30, 2009
179 posts
109 upvotes
Milton
newlyborn wrote: OP not to scare you but if you have issues with flame roll out switch and high limit, you must seek professional help. Both safety switch and trips only when there is a substantial issue with heat exchanger.
Thanks for the advise.
I knew those two sensors failed from on board self diagnostic error code. Sensors are plug and play so if it doesn't solve the issue then professional.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2007
4685 posts
805 upvotes
Waterloo
kuyaxx wrote: Thanks for the advise.
I knew those two sensors failed from on board self diagnostic error code. Sensors are plug and play so if it doesn't solve the issue then professional.
the self diag error code doesn't mean that the sensor have failed. they mean those sensors are responsible for the furnace not running.
----
Pay it forward.
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2008
1519 posts
369 upvotes
Ottawa
I had roll out switch failed. it was a resettable type. the plastic holding the lever broke. Techn csme in and just changed to a new one.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
4829 posts
1554 upvotes
there's actually a lot of furnace parts available at http://www.bulbscanada.com/index.php?ro ... &path=1706
pretty amazing price on an inducer motor I'm looking for.
Most other places are $200-300 and this place is selling for $155

I know they've been around for a while, and they have a physical location in Scarborough (Toronto)
They'll also ship across canada too of course
never bought from them though - anybody have experience ?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2006
8149 posts
1877 upvotes
Toronto
JHW wrote: Bricks-and-mortar shops will almost certainly not sell these parts to you unless you can show them a license.
So do what I've done in the past: tell the guy at the store that your HVAC guy is coming by tonight but doesn't have the part. So he asked you to pick it up and he'll put it in. Worked for me a couple of times in trade stores. Yes, I'm sure they charged me extra but I got the part.
Apr 8, 2010
779 posts
430 upvotes
toronto
in the past i had a flame sensor go and went to all the places in town... none of the places would sell me a flame sensor without a valid gas license. would have been cheaper to just call someone and pay them to fix it as I spent a day driving from milton out to scarborough looking for it and came up empty handed.
Nov 28, 2011
394 posts
476 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
In March 2019 I was trying to find a new blower wheel/cage.
Here places that I found helpful as a DIYer.

noble.ca
640 Denison St, Markham, ON L3R 1C1
(905) 944-1099

Heating Parts Canada
Homepros Toronto N.
Phone: +1 844-737-2787

The Master Group Air conditioning Heating
20 Courtland Ave Unit B, Concord, ON L4K 5B3
Phone: (905) 669-5833