Furniture shopping haggling

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2019 11:19 am
[OP]
Jun 11, 2016
27 posts
18 upvotes

Furniture shopping haggling

I'm interested in quite a few items from Structube as I need to furnish a new place. Maybe around $5000 worth. Has anyone had success in getting a little discount (say 5-10%) when I buy all that at once?
5 replies
Temp. Banned
Dec 18, 2009
1710 posts
909 upvotes
Toronto
Save the haggling to Kennedy Road furniture stores. Friend calls them "hey buddy" stores because as soon as you walk in it's: Hey buddy, you like nice furnitures? I give you good price.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 15, 2007
5154 posts
2576 upvotes
johnnyhockey wrote: I'm interested in quite a few items from Structube as I need to furnish a new place. Maybe around $5000 worth. Has anyone had success in getting a little discount (say 5-10%) when I buy all that at once?
In my experience (especially chain) Stores don’t haggle any more on price. You might be able to get something thrown in such as free delivery or a warranty. Also 5K is nothing when it comes to furniture. If you were spending over 10k you might have a chance someone other than a box store
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2010
1615 posts
357 upvotes
Vancouver
Their stuff is already priced low but you could always try asking a manger if they can give you a bulk discount.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2005
4790 posts
699 upvotes
Burlington
We were able to "haggle", i.e. get a small discount but this was at an independent store and not big box.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2017
1244 posts
1295 upvotes
West GTA
Structube won't haggle, at best you might get some delivery fees waived. Only indie guys will haggle. Mattress stores are different of course - they'll haggle since they have a lot of margin to play with.