Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Future Shop

Future Shop: iPad Mini $275 with PayPal Cash Back

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 1st, 2013 2:33 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2011
1447 posts
721 upvotes
Toronto

[Future Shop] Future Shop: iPad Mini $275 with PayPal Cash Back

Future Shop has a one-day tablet sale live right now and there are some good deals to be had as long as you combine them with the current PayPal cash back promotion. There are a few tablets that caught our eye that could be considered warm to hot deals and they include: This is the lowest price we've seen for the iPad Mini 16GB as it rarely goes below $309. It's nice to see the new Google Nexus 7 also on sale which, when combined with PayPal, brings it to around the US price.

The deals are live now but expire at the end of the day.
75 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8938 upvotes
Toronto
Note that it's been ten months since the iPad mini release, and the hardware is 2 years out of date now, since it has almost identical hardware as the older iPad 2 (aside from the screen), which came out in early 2011.

Personally, I'd strongly consider waiting, and spend the extra 50 bux when the new iPad mini 2 comes out, which I suspect will be before the Xmas rush.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18224 posts
36610 upvotes
Scarborough
EugW wrote: Note that it's been ten months since the iPad mini update, and the hardware is 2 years out of date now, since it has almost identical hardware as the older iPad 2 (aside from the screen), which came out in early 2011.

Personally, I'd strongly consider waiting, and spend the extra 50 bux when the new iPad mini 2 comes out, which I suspect will be long before the Xmas rush.
The mini is still a great device and this is the lowest price I've seen it at. Not bad if you don't mind the screen which I feel is the only thing it doesn't have going for it right now. If you really want the retina screen I'd suggest waiting too.
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8938 upvotes
Toronto
TomRFD wrote: The mini is still a great device and this is the lowest price I've seen it at. Not bad if you don't mind the screen which I feel is the only thing it doesn't have going for it right now. If you really want the retina screen I'd suggest waiting too.
Well, I'm not convinced yet that the next mini will have Retina. However, it will definitely have a faster CPU/GPU. I find our iPad 2 to be rather slow in some daily usage, and it's also limited by its 512 MB RAM. Because of this RAM limitation and slower CPU speeds, I suspect the iPad 2's and iPad mini's last OS will be iOS 7.
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4140 upvotes
Toronto
EugW wrote: Well, I'm not convinced yet that the next mini will have Retina. However, it will definitely have a faster CPU/GPU. I find our iPad 2 to be rather slow in some daily usage, and it's also limited by its 512 MB RAM. Because of this RAM limitation and slower CPU speeds, I suspect the iPad 2's and iPad mini's last OS will be iOS 7.
guaranteed the next Mini will have a retina display. they would be stupid not to...
Deal Expert
Jan 10, 2008
15200 posts
35260 upvotes
Nation's capital
Owning an iPad mini i too strongly agree with the "waiting" part .For reading ,iPad mini is a pain .
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8938 upvotes
Toronto
Fantaz wrote: guaranteed the next Mini will have a retina display. they would be stupid not to...
Well, that's what some people said about the first iPad mini, yet it's the best-selling 7-8" tablet of all time.

I won't exclude the possibility of a Retina display, but I don't think we should count on it.

EDIT:

To be clear: I think a Retina display is definitely desirable for the mini, and I'm hopeful for it. I'm just not 100% sure like some people that we'll get it. If they do release it with a Retina display, I wonder if the price will go up slightly.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2008
2705 posts
1197 upvotes
Calgary
BrianRFD wrote: Future Shop has a one-day tablet sale live right now and there are some good deals to be had as long as you combine them with the current PayPal cash back promotion. There are a few tablets that caught our eye that could be considered warm to hot deals and they include: This is the lowest price we've seen for the iPad Mini 16GB as it rarely goes below $309. It's nice to see the new Google Nexus 7 also on sale which, when combined with PayPal, brings it lower than the US price.

The deals are live now but expire at the end of the day.
You only get $10 back with Paypal for spending $100 to $249, so the Nexus 7 would be $229 with Paypal cash back.
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5679 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Asoul wrote: You only get $10 back with Paypal for spending $100 to $249, so the Nexus 7 would be $229 with Paypal cash back.
But even Futureshop site says $25 back.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2011
1447 posts
721 upvotes
Toronto
Asoul wrote: You only get $10 back with Paypal for spending $100 to $249, so the Nexus 7 would be $229 with Paypal cash back.
Updated the OP, my mistake.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
8010 posts
4748 upvotes
Montreal
good point, someone would need a $10 filler to get extra $15 cashback.

maybe get a case or something :)
VirginPlus / Stickermule / HP Instant Ink
Mar 31, 2008
168 posts
56 upvotes
Alberta
Great timing. I missed out on the staples $50 off tablet so this worked out. Thanks OP.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 30, 2011
7270 posts
719 upvotes
EugW wrote: To be clear: I think a Retina display is definitely desirable for the mini, and I'm hopeful for it. I'm just not 100% sure like some people that we'll get it. If they do release it with a Retina display, I wonder if the price will go up slightly.
My experience with the iPad 2 is that retina is a requirement for any apple device(including Mac Book). The mini is slightly smaller than iPad 2 so its dpi is a bit better but given what I have seen, not enough. The font rendering is just to fuzzy and ugly.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18224 posts
36610 upvotes
Scarborough
EugW wrote: Well, that's what some people said about the first iPad mini, yet it's the best-selling 7-8" tablet of all time.

I won't exclude the possibility of a Retina display, but I don't think we should count on it.

EDIT:

To be clear: I think a Retina display is definitely desirable for the mini, and I'm hopeful for it. I'm just not 100% sure like some people that we'll get it. If they do release it with a Retina display, I wonder if the price will go up slightly.
I remember originally hearing that the next iPad Mini would only be a internal spec bump but since the N7 FHD was announced I've heard the tune change to the next being a retina display too. Of course anything can happen but if Apple is smart, they'll add retina to the next one. Even if it delays their originally launch by a bit, it'd be worth it.
Mar 15, 2009
680 posts
246 upvotes
Ontario
Can we price match these deals with BestBuy to make this sweeter?
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18224 posts
36610 upvotes
Scarborough
Natwork wrote: Can we price match these deals with BestBuy to make this sweeter?
You can but as far as I know they're not offering the same $10/$25 Paypal cash back.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7467 posts
4051 upvotes
Montreal
Memo HD Pad 4.2, 145 with cashback, good?