• Jul 10th, 2009 2:05 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 5, 2007
331 posts
21 upvotes

Future Shop Return for Credit

Just wondering if you can return a product that has not been opened for store credit without the receipt. My dad came from a golf tournament and won a home theatre system that only future shop sells. We have no use for this, so I was just wondering if this can be done. It is in the original packaging.

Thanks
14 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2007
3036 posts
216 upvotes
Surrey
justinn wrote: Just wondering if you can return a product that has not been opened for store credit without the receipt. My dad came from a golf tournament and won a home theatre system that only future shop sells. We have no use for this, so I was just wondering if this can be done. It is in the original packaging.

Thanks
Let's say someone wanted to buy it from you but gave counterfeit money as payment. Would that be acceptable?
Alan lost his fight against cancer at just 5 years, 2 months old. I'm riding to Conquer Cancer, in memory of Alan.
Please donate toward my fundraising efforts and support research into childhood cancers.
Simply scan my avatar to go straight to the donation page!
[OP]
Aug 5, 2007
331 posts
21 upvotes
iamnotamerican.com wrote: Let's say someone wanted to buy it from you but gave counterfeit money as payment. Would that be acceptable?
Your comparison is illogical. I am giving them a product that was purchased from them (I know for a fact that it was purchased from there). With the store credit, another product from that very store would be bought. How exactly am I "robbing" them.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2008
4539 posts
611 upvotes
Scarborough
justinn wrote: Your comparison is illogical. I am giving them a product that was purchased from them (I know for a fact that it was purchased from there). With the store credit, another product from that very store would be bought. How exactly am I "robbing" them.
How are you absolutely sure that it came from FS? Just because it appears that only FS sells it? Why not try to sell it on the BST?
Help Contribute to our Wedding Fund :) A wise fortune cookie once told me this:
"A bargain is something you don't need at a price you can't resist"
FS: Christmas Window Decor :lol:
FS: 10mm H&R Trak+ wheel spacers, 5x100/112, 57.1c/b
[OP]
Aug 5, 2007
331 posts
21 upvotes
Because my father spoke to the person who purchased these prizes as he is a friend of his.

Besides, my reason for posting this was to answer a question instead of the justifications of doing this.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
2521 posts
86 upvotes
if it's from Walmart, you have 70% chance

if it's in FS, sorry you are out of luck
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
6875 posts
1415 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Is it purchased through a credit card? I heard you can try getting a receipt reprinted if they can verify that you indeed made the purchase. I seriously doubt it would be that easy though.

I have never heard of FS refunding for credit. Considering how picky they get when you try to return something even with a receipt, they probably wouldn't let you.

Try selling it on Craigslist or BST or something. Since you did get it for free it's better to get some money for it.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2007
3036 posts
216 upvotes
Surrey
justinn wrote: Your comparison is illogical. I am giving them a product that was purchased from them (I know for a fact that it was purchased from there). With the store credit, another product from that very store would be bought. How exactly am I "robbing" them.
It's no different. Unless you go to the counter and say "I won this, I don't know if it was purchased from here or not, but I would like to return it for store credit" (or words to that effect), you are committing fraud by misrepresentation...much like someone who gives you counterfeit money and presents it as genuine cash.

You do not know the item was purchased at Future Shop. The item may well have been donated, either by Future Shop, the product's distributor or even the manufacturer.

If you would not like Future Shop (or some other retailer) making misrepresentations to you as a consumer, then you most certainly should not be making misrepresentations to a retailer. To do otherwise is hypocritical and fraudulent.

Like I said though, by all means attempt the return and make sure you let them know what's going on. They may well decide to accept it...but it's up to them.
Alan lost his fight against cancer at just 5 years, 2 months old. I'm riding to Conquer Cancer, in memory of Alan.
Please donate toward my fundraising efforts and support research into childhood cancers.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2007
3036 posts
216 upvotes
Surrey
justinn wrote: Because my father spoke to the person who purchased these prizes as he is a friend of his.

Besides, my reason for posting this was to answer a question instead of the justifications of doing this.
And you got your answer, though it seems you didn't like the answer you received. Why am I not surprised?
Feb 2, 2006
293 posts
67 upvotes
I've returned a couple of things to FS in the past without a receipt for store credit. They definitely weren't big ticket items though like a home theater system. I would phone them and ask, worse case scenario is they say no I guess?
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2003
15851 posts
751 upvotes
Stouffville
i have a MGS4 LE that i got from them like a month or two ago.. still has the price tags and stuff on it.. i kinda want to return it and get FS store credit back.. since i got an LE for $10 from EB yesterday... i wonder if they would do it..
Aug 27, 2007
63 posts
2 upvotes
It's possible. It depends on the manager and how the customer service reps are feeling though. I've done it in the past with an xbox 360 I recieved for a gift, just be honest how you got it and if the reps/manager are in a good mood they'll let you do it.
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2008
1011 posts
104 upvotes
say its a gift and you already have something similar/better - thats not a lie and its a common enough situation (people exchanging or refunding gifts without receipts)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)