Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Future Shop

Future Shop: VIP Sale on Monday, August 24, 2009 + Crappy Customer Appreciation Sale

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 26th, 2009 12:08 pm
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2006
7423 posts
538 upvotes
Vancouver

[Future Shop] Future Shop: VIP Sale on Monday, August 24, 2009 + Crappy Customer Appreciation Sale

I was at Future Shop in Metrotown checking out a monitor and asked if it was going to be on sale anytime soon. The guy said they couldn't check, but told me there was going to be a VIP Event next month and gave me an invite. I asked if it was the monthly Customer Appreciation sale, but another rep said this was an annual event. Not sure how the sale was last year, so maybe someone can enlighten me?

They got my phone number and said they'd call a week before it happens which I'm not that thrilled about but oh well.

The ticket I have does say "This invitation must be presented in person to take advantage of preferred pricing" but I'm not sure if it'll be enforced. A sale's a sale to them. Store will be open 10 - 9 as usual that day.

If you have any details about the upcoming sale or previous sales, please post. Or if you know something but don't want to post it, you can PM me and I'll post it without identifying you =)

Edit: This is the only thing that really comes up on Google and it seems like it'll be just a re-worded Customer Appreciation sale to me: http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=744189

Edit2: Confirmed to be nationwide.

Edit3: Online "Sale"
http://www.futureshop.ca/marketing/CAS_ ... ail_weekly

In Store Deals:
Nikolai Luzhin wrote: Hi guys. I work at FS in home theatre. Here's a list of what we have on special for tomorrow. Some of these deals are very hot and some are nothing special.

LG 37LH55 37" 240HZ $999.99 - very hot deal
LG 42LH55 42" 240HZ $1,299.99 - very hot deal
LG 47LH55 47" 240HZ $1,599.99 - very hot deal
LG 55LH55 55" 240HZ $2,499.99 - hot deal
PANASONIC TCP50S1 PLASMA $1,799.99 - hot deal
PANASONIC TCP54S1 PLASMA $2,199.99 - hot deal
SAMSUNG PN58B530 58" PLASMA $2,499.99
SAMSUNG LN40B530 40" LCD $899.99 - good deal but we've had this price
SAMSUNG LN46B530 46" LCD $1,149.99 - hot deal
SAMSUNG LN52B530 52" LCD $1,499.99 - hot deal
SAMSUNG PN50B530 50" PLASMA $1,399.99 - good deal
SAMSUNG UN40B7000 40" LED $2,699.99 - hot deal but we've had this price
SAMSUNG UN46B7000 46" LED $2,999.99 - hot deal
SAMSUNG UN46B7100 46" LED $2,999.99 - hot deal
SAMSUNG UN55B7000 55" LED $3,599.99 - hot deal
SAMSUNG UN55B7100 55" LED $3,599.99 - hot deal
SHARP AQUOS LC40E77U 40" LCD 120HZ $1,199.99 - we once had $999.99
SHARP AQUOS LC46E77U 46" LCD 120HZ $1,599.99 - nothing special
SHARP AQUOS LC52E77U 52" LCD 120HZ $1,999.99 - nothing special
SONY KDL40XBR9 40" LCD 240HZ $2,399.99 - good deal
SONY KDL46XBR9 46" LCD 240HZ $2,699.99 - good deal
SONY KDL52XBR9 52" LCD 240HZ $3,199.99 - hot deal
SONY KDL40Z5100 40" LCD 240HZ $1,999.99 - hot deal
SONY KDL46Z5100 46" LCD 240HZ $2,399.99 - hot deal
SONY KDL52Z5100 52" LCD 240HZ $2,899.99 - hot deal

SAMSUNG BLU-RAY HTIB HT-BD1255T $699.99 - hot deal. Price was $999.99
BOSE CINEMATE $399.99 - Incredible deal
BOSE 321 GSX $1,199.99 - Incredible deal.Best I've ever seen was $1,299.99.
PANASONIC BLU-RAY DMPBD60 $299.99 - Very hot deal.
SONY BLU-RAY BDPS360 $249.99 - hot deal
BELL HD RECEIVER $0 (Save $200. $99.99-$100 activation credit = $0) - $100credit is usually only for new customers.

I hope this helps you guys plan for tomorrow. Good luck.
Nikolai Luzhin wrote: Here are some additional specials on speakers and amps:

BOSE AM-10 IV WITH 5 WALL MOUNTS $899.99 INSTALLED - save $610
ENERGY RC70 SPEAKERS $1599.99/PAIR - save $900
YAMAHA HTR6280 RECEIVER $799.99 - save $300
SONY STRDH700 7.1 RECEIVER $324.99 - save $75
ENERGY RC-MICRO 5.1 SPEAKER SYSTEM $899.99 - save $400
ENERGY ESW V10 10" SUBWOOFER $599.99 - save $350
POLK AUDIO PSW111 8" POWERED SUBWOOFER $269.99 - save $130
VELODYNE DLS-5000 DIGITAL SUBWOOFER $699.99 - save $300
HK HKTS15 5.1 SPEAKER SYSTEM $449.99 - save $150
KLIPSCH RF10 TOWER SPEAKER $449.99/PAIR - save $250
10% OFF ALL REGULAR PRICED STAND ALONE RECEIVERS OVER $600

The Bose AM Acoustimass system installed is a sizzling hot deal.
348 replies
Mar 3, 2007
585 posts
91 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
thematrix49 wrote: Very Inflated Prices event?
And I kid....

I'm suprised they haven't had more of these events to drive up sales. I usually have somthing in mind to buy that never seems to go on sale, so I normally at least wait for these events. Hopefully it will be something a little more than the ordinary, only time will tell.
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
august 24?
awesome
I'll hold off on spending my $80 gift card till then cuz hopefully they'll have PSN cards on sale

also that's ritgh around the time that I'm looking at buying a new tv so maybewe can get some not atrocious prices on TVs and I can buy in Canada rather than going to best buy US
May 12, 2006
241 posts
16 upvotes
Are you sure it will be on August 24th cuz that does not fall on a Friday?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2006
7423 posts
538 upvotes
Vancouver
Not to mention they will probably have much higher sales goals no matter how bad their sale is, which means managers will be more likely to negotiate with you to make a sale :) Didn't work at Future Shop, but this was definitely the case at VIP Events at the store I did work at.
rAfChOw wrote: Are you sure it will be on August 24th cuz that does not fall on a Friday?
Sorry, I'm stupid. I think I looked at the July calendar on my computer.
Banned
Aug 1, 2008
1786 posts
6 upvotes
WHY IS THIS IN THE HOT DEALS FORUM.

PLEASE IDENTIFY THE 'HOT DEAL' IN THIS THREAD.

Take these trash threads to the shopping discussion, damn, cluttering the hot deals forum a MONTH before a potential mediocore sale, are you even being serious right now??
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2006
7423 posts
538 upvotes
Vancouver
nfuz wrote: WHY IS THIS IN THE HOT DEALS FORUM.

PLEASE IDENTIFY THE 'HOT DEAL' IN THIS THREAD.

Take these trash threads to the shopping discussion, damn, cluttering the hot deals forum a MONTH before a potential mediocore sale, are you even being serious right now??
This is in the Hot Deals forum because it is about an upcoming sale.

As you can see, the description for the forums are:
Hot Deals wrote:Post the hot deals you find here! This forum is not for private sales or self promotion.
Shopping Discussion wrote:Discuss retailers, warranties, returns, price matching policies, and other shopping related issues here.
I felt that the first category was more appropriate than the second. You disagree and broke a blood vessel. Life goes on (hopefully).
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
20055 posts
9836 upvotes
Toronto
Firestorm wrote: Not to mention they will probably have much higher sales goals no matter how bad their sale is, which means managers will be more likely to negotiate with you to make a sale :) Didn't work at Future Shop, but this was definitely the case at VIP Events at the store I did work at. Sorry, I'm stupid. I think I looked at the July calendar on my computer.
you think you can scan the invitation? I'm not sure what it is, have never seen any kind of VIP sale at FS only a Customer appreciation sale...I am looking to buy a new desktop...hopefully they have those on sale?...also is this nationwide or ymmv?
Jan 29, 2009
601 posts
78 upvotes
Its a super VIP event. Futureshop is going all out. The staff will be wearing suits and dresses etc. Apparently there are supposed to be some pretty good discounts but they haven't told us yet.

Oh and as far as I know you don't need the invite to come down they are just trying to make it extra special. The sales associate is supposed to call the manager on to come and present you with the invite out of a leather binder. Then we take down your phone number to remind you to come down. they are just trying to make it more personal and professional.

EDIT: Don't know how this this a junk thread. It's fair warning for a sale. Also, it's Nationwide.
Banned
Aug 1, 2008
1786 posts
6 upvotes
Firestorm wrote: This is in the Hot Deals forum because it is about an upcoming sale.

As you can see, the description for the forums are:

I felt that the first category was more appropriate than the second. You disagree and broke a blood vessel. Life goes on (hopefully).
"Post the hot deals you find here! This forum is not for private sales or self promotion."

This is NOT a hot deal, you haven't identified any potential hot deals here.

"Discuss retailers, warranties, returns, price matching policies, and other shopping related issues here."

This is what you are doing, you are discussing a retailers PAST sales and trying to gauge how this sale will be, based on that.

Posting a thread like this a month premature is simply arrogant and useless. Even the boxing day threads weren't up an entire month before.... Would it be too much to ask the forum isn't cluttered with junk threads like this?

If you really have to get it out of your system, make it 2-3 days before, not a month....
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
Jun 12, 2006
631 posts
24 upvotes
Calgary
neonlily wrote: Its a super VIP event. Futureshop is going all out. The staff will be wearing suits and dresses etc. Apparently there are supposed to be some pretty good discounts but they haven't told us yet.

Oh and as far as I know you don't need the invite to come down they are just trying to make it extra special. The sales associate is supposed to call the manager on to come and present you with the invite out of a leather binder. Then we take down your phone number to remind you to come down. they are just trying to make it more personal and professional.

EDIT: Don't know how this this a junk thread. It's fair warning for a sale. Also, it's Nationwide.
If that really is true, that's amazing! I guess we'll have to see!
Nov 17, 2008
535 posts
9 upvotes
Halifax, NS
nfuz, piss off with your negativity. That's pretty much all I see whenever you post so for once, piss off. Maybe someone plans to get something a bit before the day of the sale and they decide to put it off until then, potentially saving them some money. I see no harm in that. Besides, it's best to try to get these things early on in case they have a limit. I'll make sure to stop by to get one of these things just in case and if it's worth it, awesome.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2006
7423 posts
538 upvotes
Vancouver
Thank you for the info neonlilly =)
deal_with_singh wrote: you think you can scan the invitation? I'm not sure what it is, have never seen any kind of VIP sale at FS only a Customer appreciation sale...I am looking to buy a new desktop...hopefully they have those on sale?...also is this nationwide or ymmv?
Like neonlilly said, you most likely won't need a ticket. I don't have a scanner on hand, but I took a picture if you want to see how it looks. Just looks like a coupon:
[IMG]http://i31.tinypic.com/20i8lch.jpg[/IMG]

As for a desktop, I doubt they'll have anything better than what you can build at a computer store.
nfuz wrote: "Post the hot deals you find here! This forum is not for private sales or self promotion."

"Discuss retailers, warranties, returns, price matching policies, and other shopping related issues here."

This is what you are doing, you are discussing a retailers PAST sales and trying to gauge how this sale will be, based on that.

Posting a thread like this a month premature is simply arrogant and useless. Even the boxing day threads weren't up an entire month before.... Would it be too much to ask the forum isn't cluttered with junk threads like this?

If you really have to get it out of your system, make it 2-3 days before, not a month....
Do you really think we wouldn't post Boxing Day sales a month in advance if we could? We don't because we can't. Either the flyer isn't out or the flyer is out and RFD has a deal with the retailer in place that prevents users from doing so. This thread is perfectly legitimate, as are any threads posted before a sale starts. People who are on the fence about a purchase would rather know now than afterwards. I really don't think it's your place to backseat mod.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
7133 posts
3736 upvotes
Montreal
nfuz wrote: "Post the hot deals you find here! This forum is not for private sales or self promotion."

OH NOESSSSS! It's the end of the world!!! EVERYONE TO THE BOMB SHELTERS!
Banned
Aug 1, 2008
1786 posts
6 upvotes
Again,

I need to emphasize that you are posting this in the WRONG FORUM.
I didn't say this thread shouldn't exist, it should, just not here.

People vist this specific forum daily for "hot deals" so unless you have some insider info on the potential hot deals, this is just shopping discussion.

I also have some knowledge of a big upcming sale... it's gonna be on Dec 26, 2009 at various retailers....

Should I post that notice in the HOT DEALS FORUM too? Like 6months in advance?

use a bit of common sense and realize that you posted it in the wrong place and are cluttering the forum.
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
Jan 29, 2009
601 posts
78 upvotes
nfuz wrote: Again,

I need to emphasize that you are posting this in the WRONG FORUM.
I didn't say this thread shouldn't exist, it should, just not here.

People vist this specific forum daily for "hot deals" so unless you have some insider info on the potential hot deals, this is just shopping discussion.

I also have some knowledge of a big upcming sale... it's gonna be on Dec 26, 2009 at various retailers....

Should I post that notice in the HOT DEALS FORUM too? Like 6months in advance?

use a bit of common sense and realize that you posted it in the wrong place and are cluttering the forum.
See thing is people KNOW there are going to be sales on boxing day and some people buy electronics accordingly, they wait for boxing day.

Most people do NOT know about this VIP sale. Putting it in shopping discussion would not alert people about this sale. This way this thread may help people save money, which is the job of this forum correct?

I don't think anyone in this thread is discussing what is on sale, rather letting everyone know that futureshop will be having a VIP sale so if you wanted to buy electronics, perhaps wait until then.

I work at futureshop and I don't even know what is going to be on sale. They haven't told us yet specifically they just say it's going to be even bigger and better than the customer appreciation nights.
Banned
Aug 1, 2008
1786 posts
6 upvotes
neonlily wrote:
Most people do NOT know about this VIP sale. Putting it in shopping discussion would not alert people about this sale. This way this thread may help people save money, which is the job of this forum correct?
The "job" of RFD is to save money, the "job" of the hot deals forum, is for "hot deals".

If people dont check the shopping discussion forum atleast ONCE a month, then it's the snooze you looze effect.

Making users shift through god knows how many pages of clutter like this in 1 month when the sale actually is about to start is a bit silly.
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
20055 posts
9836 upvotes
Toronto
nfuz wrote: The "job" of RFD is to save money, the "job" of the hot deals forum, is for "hot deals".

If people dont check the shopping discussion forum atleast ONCE a month, then it's the snooze you looze effect.

Making users shift through god knows how many pages of clutter like this in 1 month when the sale actually is about to start is a bit silly.
As somone posted earlier...I can't belive its in the wrong section....EVERYONE....The Holocaust is HERE!!!!!!!!!! RUNNNNNNNNNNNN!
Jul 9, 2009
210 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
nfuz wrote: The "job" of RFD is to save money, the "job" of the hot deals forum, is for "hot deals".

Everyone is making good points on this rather intense thread.

Many users don't take the time to study a forum and understand its architecture; that is a common given albeit not ideal.

SOoooo... to mods reading this, the question really becomes how can we better educate Newbie members so they don't get torn a new arse-hole by more Senior members and of course so that they don't incorrectly post deals albeit with good intention?

My suggestion - when you register @ RFD why not send the users a Top 10 list; 5 Do's & 5 Don'ts; to at least get them going in the right direction?

Such an approach (not that exact one persay) would help to facilitate knowledge about the form.

Simply asking users to read the rules... heh... well tends to be a lost battle in my experience as ppl don't become 'citizens' of forums till much further along in their forum lifespan ... that is if they stick around that long!

Cheers Everyone! :)