Future Transferring Help!

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 1st, 2013 8:18 pm
May 28, 2013
29 posts
2 upvotes

Future Transferring Help!

Hey!

I previously posted a topic about which university I should pick, but right now I found out that I cannot afford to go to Laurier first year for their BBA program, because of my current economic situation, but I can afford second year. So now, I'm stuck in figuring out which university in Toronto to go to. I have the pre-program at UTSC and Ryerson's Business Technology Management and their Business Management. I need the first year courses of Laurier BBA to be completed in my first year at any other university to be considered, but when I checked the course calendars, the Course Codes and Course Titles were all different. Do you think I can get enough Transfer Credits to make it into the Second Year at Laurier BBA? Also, which school yields the better chance of switching in?
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2010
7578 posts
576 upvotes
York
Yes usually first year courses are the same everywhere for business programs.
Sep 10, 2012
274 posts
39 upvotes
You could try calling up Laurier and saying that you would really like to go to Laurier but can't for first year and asking if they've had issues with transfers from those programs. They may not be able to give you a firm answer though. You could also take a look at the course descriptions and see how closely they tend to match up. There can be issues where there's a first year course at one school that covers topics A, B, and C, and then D is covered in a 2nd year course, and at another school, the first year course covers B, C, and D, but A is in the 2nd year course, so they don't quite match up.
May 8, 2013
5 posts
Guelph
why don't you apply for OSAP? that way you will not have to worry about paying until after you are complete your degree+ you can work during summer and start saving up
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2011
2052 posts
409 upvotes
GTA
You have so many options: OSAP, Asking for a line of credit, work part time, etc.

Through your school, your scholarship and bursaries will help as well. I wouldnt abandon Laurier as of yet.... and i thought you received an alternative offer from Laurier Economics not BBA.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2011
3048 posts
322 upvotes
Toronto
You wrote earlier that you only got into Economics - you'd need pretty good grades to transfer majors at Laurier, much less transfer universities.

You can definitely transfer credits, but from reading your earlier posts, you're going to have a heck of a time getting the grades to transfer into BBA, especially if you didn't get those high grades in high school.