Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Overstock.com

Futureshop/Bestbuy: Big Headphone Overstock Clearance Sale! (Jan 11-17, UPDATED)

• Last Updated:
  • May 3rd, 2013 8:17 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2008
1701 posts
185 upvotes
Fantaz wrote: Tell me how those sound. They seem to go upwards to around $50-$70.
it's fine. just received mine.

i find them no different than stock ipod headphones.

wayyy too bassy to the point you can't hear the treble and mids.
RFD Damage since August '08 = lost track
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
2072 posts
440 upvotes
GTA
frico wrote: Where can we buy comply foams in canada for cheap?
The cheapest I can find it is from marcopolo who only has an ebay store and Canada Computers.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2010
1140 posts
695 upvotes
lg777 wrote: The cheapest I can find it is from marcopolo who only has an ebay store and Canada Computers.
Canada Computers? Don't see that product there. Link?
Jun 11, 2012
28 posts
SCARBOROUGH
IDStorms wrote: Thanks for this great post Fantaz! :)

Managed to PM online with BB, bringing them down to $14.97!
How did you make them price match? I tried to price match this in-store but they denied it because its on final clearance.
And the tag price in that Bestbuy for the Skullcandy In-ear White/Chrome is $99.00 so I was really hoping they would price match it....
Deal Fanatic
Jan 29, 2007
8237 posts
1413 upvotes
Montreal
Thanks Op!

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between these 2 Sol Republic Headphones?

They look the same to me other than the model # and $10.00 Difference...

SOL REPUBLIC Tracks Over-Ear Headphones (1211-03) - Red

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/ ... 3771e7en02

SOL REPUBLIC Tracks On-Ear Headphones with Microphone (1201-03) - Red

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/ ... e61c80en02

===
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2011
11897 posts
24207 upvotes
Fantaz wrote: Tell me how those sound. They seem to go upwards to around $50-$70.
Haven't received them yet, so I'll keep you posted!
sm2by1990 wrote: How did you make them price match? I tried to price match this in-store but they denied it because its on final clearance.
And the tag price in that Bestbuy for the Skullcandy In-ear White/Chrome is $99.00 so I was really hoping they would price match it....
I didn't make them do anything... Maybe I just got lucky.

I phoned BB, asking if they can PM with FS before I actually placed my order.

They verified availability on FS website. (at the time, there were 9 remaining for online purchase, although there now seems to be more)

Once they confirmed they would do it, I hit the submit button, and only then did I have my order number to modify the price.

Obviously, I ordered 2 for free shipping!
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2010
1140 posts
695 upvotes
lg777 wrote: Link for T100's

They have others, just search comply at their site...
That's so strange... I got nothing when I searched yesterday. Today voila!!

Thanks.
May 14, 2012
398 posts
94 upvotes
PICKERING
Binary Pants wrote: Received my AKG K172HD today, excited to try em out
I stongly suggest letting them run with music for at least 96 hours prior to listening to them. They sound pretty bad out of the box, but they really open up. I let mine play for 4 days continuous. The difference after 24 hours was pretty big, with diminishing, but noticable imporvement after 48 and 72 hours. The difference between 72 and 96 hours was negligable. Just a warning if you don't like the sound out of the box.....but don't expect the bass to improve markedly.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
dudeexcellent wrote: I stongly suggest letting them run with music for at least 96 hours prior to listening to them. They sound pretty bad out of the box, but they really open up. I let mine play for 4 days continuous. The difference after 24 hours was pretty big, with diminishing, but noticable imporvement after 48 and 72 hours. The difference between 72 and 96 hours was negligable. Just a warning if you don't like the sound out of the box.....but don't expect the bass to improve markedly.
You can do this, or you can do nothing which in my opinion gives you the same result. They sound fine out of the box and they sound the same (to everyone who hasn't convinced themselves that this practice does something magical) after you pointlessly leave them running for ages. I'm not going to entertain any arguing about this - everyone is allowed to have their opinions but this is IMO all in some peoples "heads".

The myth is perpetuated by electronics makers as a means to prevent premature returns from people who either do not immediately "love" it, or need some time to become "used" to the change. It keeps people from making snap judgments before allowing themselves to actually adjust to whatever it is they are using. People say the same nonsense about almost everything from the sound from speakers to the colours on TVs. People use to say dumb stuff like CABLES needed to be broken in, that their computers would be faster after burning in... you catch my drift.

You can read this if you feel like it, these tests certainly didn't make the case for breakin look that great but draw whatever conclusions you will from it:
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/ev ... hone-break
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
1346 posts
338 upvotes
dudeexcellent wrote: I stongly suggest letting them run with music for at least 96 hours prior to listening to them. They sound pretty bad out of the box, but they really open up. I let mine play for 4 days continuous. The difference after 24 hours was pretty big, with diminishing, but noticable imporvement after 48 and 72 hours. The difference between 72 and 96 hours was negligable. Just a warning if you don't like the sound out of the box.....but don't expect the bass to improve markedly.
Yup, i listened right out of box, let it burn in for a few minutes and already noticed a big improvement. No problem with the lack of bass some people complained about, because it is there. Cant wait till this thing is burned in.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
1346 posts
338 upvotes
BinaryJay wrote: You can do this, or you can do nothing which in my opinion gives you the same result. They sound fine out of the box and they sound the same (to everyone who hasn't convinced themselves that this practice does something magical) after you pointlessly leave them running for ages. I'm not going to entertain any arguing about this - everyone is allowed to have their opinions but this is IMO all in some peoples "heads".
Oh look, its this guy again.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Binary Pants wrote: Oh look, its this guy again.
And look it is this guy too. Alright, then. Good day.
Deal Guru
Apr 9, 2006
10595 posts
15784 upvotes
GT-EH
Fantaz wrote: Skullcandy Mix Master Over-Ear Headphones (S6MMDM-059) - Red - $99.99 (HOT!)
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/ ... 07206.aspx
Review: http://www.amazon.com/Skullcandy-Master ... 007GN0W16/
They seem to have a hard time selling these... wish they came in black.

Bright red isn't exactly my fav color... maybe they'll drop the prices on these a little further! :D
Public Mobile Customer, $34/50GB CAN-US
"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life." - Picard
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2002
3651 posts
133 upvotes
Received my $10 Lethal Aviators. Pretty satisfied for $10, but can't see how they could be worth $80 lol.
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4140 upvotes
Toronto
GiOBoY wrote: They seem to have a hard time selling these... wish they came in black.

Bright red isn't exactly my fav color... maybe they'll drop the prices on these a little further! :D
Futureshop was OOS online yesterday with this, looks like they re-stocked!! I PM'ed one in-store for $75.99. They do come in black, but black is not on sale. Bestbuy has the black ones.
ES_Revenge wrote: Uh ohs, BinaryJay vs. Binary Pants?!? :O
heh
Deal Guru
Apr 9, 2006
10595 posts
15784 upvotes
GT-EH
Fantaz wrote: Futureshop was OOS online yesterday with this, looks like they re-stocked!! I PM'ed one in-store for $75.99. They do come in black, but black is not on sale. Bestbuy has the black ones.
You managed to PM the BLACK ones @ BB?

Hmmm, sounds like a huge YMMV (since the model numbers are diff)

BLACK Model #: SC S6MMFM-003
RED Model #: SC S6MMDM-059
Public Mobile Customer, $34/50GB CAN-US
"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life." - Picard