Shopping Discussion

Futureshop's E3 promotion

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 1st, 2011 1:52 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Member
Dec 28, 2005
442 posts
106 upvotes

Futureshop's E3 promotion

Hello everyone,

In a past deal, during the E3 of this year, Futureshop had a deal where you would receive 60$ off if you pre-ordered 3 games.

I pre-ordered a couple of games and Dead Island got shipped today. The thing is that they charged me 59,99$ - 20,00$ while they are selling the game for 49,99$ right now. Shouldn't it be 49,99$ - 20,00$ instead? Anyone in the same situation (I know that the thread was being very popular at the time, I shouldn't be the only one).

Thanks
49 replies
Member
User avatar
Jul 26, 2011
261 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
I'm also wondering about Halo Anniv, at the time it was $59.99 but now its $39.99.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Oct 14, 2003
14229 posts
1118 upvotes
When you purchased it did it say 59.99 or 49.99?
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 8, 2008
3203 posts
648 upvotes
Toronto
I have the same issue, called customer service and they are telling me to return the game, cause they wont give me any other discount.

I called them about this issue last week and they said I will get the $10 discount, so from $39.99 to $29.99 because (49.99-20) but i never got that and now they charged my card and shipped the game and are telling me to return it, I am very very pissed at the way they are handling this.

Especially since on their forums they said that the discount would be applied on top of the lower price in the God of war Origins thread.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 14, 2007
4211 posts
672 upvotes
Quebec
undacova wrote: I have the same issue, called customer service and they are telling me to return the game, cause they wont give me any other discount.

I called them about this issue last week and they said I will get the $10 discount, so from $39.99 to $29.99 because (49.99-20) but i never got that and now they charged my card and shipped the game and are telling me to return it, I am very very pissed at the way they are handling this.

Especially since on their forums they said that the discount would be applied on top of the lower price in the God of war Origins thread.

Wow that's bad !

I ordered Ico & Shadow of the Colossus and GOW Origins at $59.99 - $20 (Knowing that the price would be lower at the release)...they already said that if prices get lower, they would refund the difference. I should get them at $19.99 each. I won't return the games...I will get a refund for sure !

Uncharted 3 is $49.99 right now so I should also get them at $29.99.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 14, 2007
4211 posts
672 upvotes
Quebec
Ojam wrote: When you purchased it did it say 59.99 or 49.99?

It was $59.99 but check here :

http://www.futureshop.ca/CATALOG/catego ... PCpreorder

"If the price drops on release day, your credit card will be charged the lower price".

If I bought 3 games at $59.99 and I got a $60 discount, that doesn't mean that each game is valued to $39.99 each. That means that each games are $59.99 and I got a discount because I bought 3 games. So if games drop to $39.99, I should still get my $60 discount + the price drop.
Banned
User avatar
Sep 24, 2006
4699 posts
205 upvotes
Seifer wrote: It was $59.99 but check here :

http://www.futureshop.ca/CATALOG/catego ... PCpreorder

"If the price drops on release day, your credit card will be charged the lower price".

If I bought 3 games at $59.99 and I got a $60 discount, that doesn't mean that each game is valued to $39.99 each. That means that each games are $59.99 and I got a discount because I bought 3 games. So if games drop to $39.99, I should still get my $60 discount + the price drop.

OR


If the price is dropped you will receive the lower price + no discount.

What do you all care anyway? If you originally were buying the games for $59.99 each, there were 3 of them & you save $60 total, and now the price is $39.99, you are paying the same amount as you originally would. Stop trying to take advantage of the situation & assume you will get the 3 games for $19.99 now.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Oct 14, 2003
14229 posts
1118 upvotes
Kris81 wrote: OR


If the price is dropped you will receive the lower price + no discount.

What do you all care anyway? If you originally were buying the games for $59.99 each, there were 3 of them & you save $60 total, and now the price is $39.99, you are paying the same amount as you originally would. Stop trying to take advantage of the situation & assume you will get the 3 games for $19.99 now.

This. If you were price matching it would be denied because you are paying the same amount.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 14, 2007
4211 posts
672 upvotes
Quebec
Kris81 wrote: OR


If the price is dropped you will receive the lower price + no discount.

What do you all care anyway? If you originally were buying the games for $59.99 each, there were 3 of them & you save $60 total, and now the price is $39.99, you are paying the same amount as you originally would. Stop trying to take advantage of the situation & assume you will get the 3 games for $19.99 now.

Yeah right...I take advantage ? Why isn't Futureshop who take advantage of us ?

Everybody knows that God of War Collection would not be $59.99. What's the deal if I got $20 off a $59.99 game that worth only $39.99 ?

So you're telling me that FS could have put all games at $79.99 with a $20 off per game and that would have been correct ?

There was a deal where I was saving $20 per game. If the game doesn't worth what I paid for (before discount)...it doesn't worth to buy it from FS since it is now regular price...
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 14, 2007
4211 posts
672 upvotes
Quebec
Ojam wrote: This. If you were price matching it would be denied because you are paying the same amount.

But i'm NOT pricematching...so what's your point ? That's not the same thing...
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2003
7769 posts
1320 upvotes
Burnaby
You're trying to price beat, which is even worse. Complain enough and you might get someone to give up, but I personally don't think anybody should get that

The way it really should be worded is price protection to get the lower of:

$59.99 minus $20 OR current selling price

Trying to get current selling price minus $20 is not price protection.
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
14546 posts
3868 upvotes
crimsona wrote: You're trying to price beat, which is even worse. Complain enough and you might get someone to give up, but I personally don't think anybody should get that

The way it really should be worded is price protection to get the lower of:

$59.99 minus $20 OR current selling price

Trying to get current selling price minus $20 is not price protection.

I agree. The way the promotion worked was to encourage you to pre-order more than one game: pre-order 3 that are $59.99+ and you'd get $20 off each. The promotion doesn't work if you pre-order a $40 game because you wouldn't get $20 off that $40 game.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 14, 2007
4211 posts
672 upvotes
Quebec
crimsona wrote: You're trying to price beat, which is even worse. Complain enough and you might get someone to give up, but I personally don't think anybody should get that

The way it really should be worded is price protection to get the lower of:

$59.99 minus $20 OR current selling price

Trying to get current selling price minus $20 is not price protection.

You have to consider that we didn't bought games at $59.99 - $20. If that would be the case, I wouldn't mind.

But what we get was $60 off the total of the order when we was purchasing 3 games. So it's not ($59.99 - $20) * 3. It's ($59.99 * 3) - $60. If the MSRP of one game is lower at the end, I don't know why we shouldn't get totally of the $60 discount.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 14, 2007
4211 posts
672 upvotes
Quebec
Lone_Prodigy wrote: I agree. The way the promotion worked was to encourage you to pre-order more than one game: pre-order 3 that are $59.99+ and you'd get $20 off each. The promotion doesn't work if you pre-order a $40 game because you wouldn't get $20 off that $40 game.

Maybe it was BB but I remember that I was able to get PSP Vita games at $25 instead of $40 with a promotion like this.
[OP]
Member
Dec 28, 2005
442 posts
106 upvotes
Thanks for the replies, I guess the promotion details were not very clear and some other people might get surprised when they'll need to pay 39.99$ for a game that's worth 39.99$ on futureshop's website. This thread is about to get many replies in the upcoming months because I'm sure I wasn't the only that thought they would give the lowest price - 20$.

I'll probably just have them refund the games that doesn't worth the full retail price if that's the case.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)