Entertainment

FX's 'The Americans' series finale May 30th, 2018.

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 18th, 2018 1:13 am
Tags:
None
Apr 7, 2015
250 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Damn. Martha's got Philip all wound up and seeing puppy dogs. He really has a soft spot for her ... Part of me wonders if this is because of repressed feelings he had/felt for the woman he stuffed in the briefcase in S3. Regardless, things are getting hot under the collar for our dear KGB agents.

For me, this is the best show on TV right now.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19713 posts
13576 upvotes
Ottawa
so is Martha as good as gone now since it doesn't sound like she'll make it onto the plane?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 21, 2013
5897 posts
2950 upvotes
Toronto
warpdrive wrote: so is Martha as good as gone now since it doesn't sound like she'll make it onto the plane?
Yeah, this is Martha's swan song... I'm surprised they've dragged it this long... Thought Elizabeth was just going to shank her in the park.

One question - why didn't the CIA send more people to search for her in the park? Like, they couldn't mobilize more agents, or even just get cops involved at least?

Also, I'm glad they killed off Nina... I felt like they just kept her around when really there was nowhere for her character to go. Except for the part where she tricked the other prisoner, the rest of her Siberian prison scenes were kinda useless.
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
6877 posts
1032 upvotes
Calgary
this season has been good but it seems like they are doing more completing of main story arc's and not making too many new ones for the next season...i do think there will be some type of confrontation with the fbi neighbour and philip in the finale...

dont think things will end well for Martha or the Pastor. i too thought elizabeth was going to just kill her and i think she going to was but changed her mind...
Apr 7, 2015
250 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto, ON
M1GOmigs wrote: One question - why didn't the CIA send more people to search for her in the park? Like, they couldn't mobilize more agents, or even just get cops involved at least?
*FBI
markj wrote: this season has been good but it seems like they are doing more completing of main story arc's and not making too many new ones for the next season...i do think there will be some type of confrontation with the fbi neighbour and philip in the finale...

dont think things will end well for Martha or the Pastor. i too thought elizabeth was going to just kill her and i think she going to was but changed her mind...
The Pastor Time scenario seems to have taken a back seat the last two episodes. Perhaps once Martha is wrapped up they'll return to the good pastor and his wife. I too think Martha is done for and considering her meltdown, a huge bullet avoided for Philip and Elizabeth. That female Russian agent is being way sneaky about Martha's extraction, which begs me to question why? I'm curious to see this play out.

Again ... This is FOR ME, the best show on TV right now.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
8568 posts
4207 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
Disappointing conclusion with Martha.
Great to see Paige`s new direction.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
"FX’s praised Cold War spy drama The Americans is getting an end date. The network has given the series, now airing its fourth season, a pickup for two more seasons, a 13-episode Season 5 to air in 2017 and 10-episode sixth and final season to air in 2018."
from http://deadline.com/2016/05/the-america ... 201762485/
Deal Fanatic
Mar 11, 2004
5318 posts
3944 upvotes
Milton, ON.
Just found this, cant get enough. Been binge watching past couple weeks haha :) Great show.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
cRaZyRaVr wrote: Just found this, cant get enough. Been binge watching past couple weeks haha :) Great show.
Hah!

Over Christmas, I decided to give this show a whirl and just now caught up! It's been really pretty damn good.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
2463 posts
2595 upvotes
Toronto
I love this show. Season 5 begins March 7.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
Are you ready for the new season? Watch a recap of The Americans and prepare for their next move. Premieres March 7th on FX.

Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
Anyone watched the season 5 premiere?

Who can be trusted? See what’s still to come this season on The Americans.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
I caught it. Interesting start but nothing really jumping out to me yet.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
Prepare for the final mission. Watch the OFFICIAL TRAILER for the final season of The Americans. Premieres 3/28 on FX.

Deal Guru
Aug 5, 2006
10746 posts
7905 upvotes
Global Village
That was a really interesting start to the final season, it sets up the idea of an operative being given the power to change the world and how heavy that burden can be.
All day I dream about sports

Tangerine, Meridian, EQ Bank, Simplii, CIBC Investor's Edge
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
16012 posts
7474 upvotes
RFD
Wow, I know the timeline jumped forward a bit, but this felt different in the usual style. I usually don't like slow burn/slow pace, but The Americans did a fantastic job keeping the suspense throughout with the great music, out of the blue stabbing, the emotions and growth of the characters have been spectacular. I don't know where Henry fits in all this, seems he's being written out of the picture, but everything seems to be coming to the end with a bang. Exciting to see where it leads, sad to realize it will be the final end to a classic underrated TV show.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
6877 posts
1032 upvotes
Calgary
i liked the first ep of this last season...pretty much liked all seasons but felt last one was a bit of a 'filler season' compared to the others.

also read an interesting article from the writers of the show where they said 'we will be going to hell with how this last season has been scripted' (or similar quote) so i think we are in for a pretty good (dark) final season.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
7069 posts
3381 upvotes
this series has gone on so long, the actress playing the daughter is now actually in university just like on tv.
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10173 posts
8297 upvotes
Toronto
Great episode. Looking forward to see how this series closes out.
My money is on Gorbachev succeeding, leading to the dissolution of the USSR.

(Sound of crickets)

I'll get my coat....
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket