Off Topic

Locked: FYI - Feb 24 only TTC subway closure. Sheppard-Yonge to St Clair w/NO shuttle buses

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 25th, 2018 10:08 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
20434 posts
21557 upvotes
Toronto

FYI - Feb 24 only TTC subway closure. Sheppard-Yonge to St Clair w/NO shuttle buses

UPDATE - closure just Sat Feb 24 now. Regular Sunday service on Feb 25. Thanks @tk1000

http://ttc.ca/Service_Advisories/Subway ... -Yonge.jsp

Customers are strongly encouraged to use the University side of Line 1 as there will be no traditional north-south shuttle bus service on Yonge Street during this closure.
Last edited by sprung on Feb 22nd, 2018 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Things changed now that I’m a father, I can’t live my life a quarter mile at a time anymore.
Share:
19 replies
Feb 21, 2018
103 posts
130 upvotes
I hate traveling to Toronto for this very reason. It's always something in that town.
Proud Sodomite 😋
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2009
2700 posts
1354 upvotes
Terrible, if true. It's almost as if the TTC has given up, or, perhaps it is costing them too much to run the shuttle buses. So, people who need to get to Lawrence from Yonge are supposed to do what? How would University side of line 1, help? Don't forget, TTC named best public transit agency in North America. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Corvus oculum corvi non eruit.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2010
1671 posts
440 upvotes
Toronto
It will be a total mess.

Avoid, avoid, avoid.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8533 upvotes
GTHA
Micelli_Illuminatti wrote: Terrible, if true. It's almost as if the TTC has given up, or, perhaps it is costing them too much to run the shuttle buses. So, people who need to get to Lawrence from Yonge are supposed to do what? How would University side of line 1, help?
Customers are strongly encouraged to use the University side of Line 1 as there will be no traditional north-south shuttle bus service on Yonge Street during this closure. Instead, to provide faster service and more options for customers, the TTC will add frequent express service on all major east-west routes to connect customers to the University portion of Line 1 at Yonge-Sheppard, York Mills, Lawrence and Eglinton stations. This will allow for quicker access to the downtown core, including the Air Canada Centre for the Toronto Maple Leafs and Toronto Raptors games this weekend.

More info in this tweet...
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2009
2700 posts
1354 upvotes
Thank you, @tk1000 To answer my question using the info. provided, to get from Y&S to Lawrence, you take the 84 to Downsview, the subway to Lawrence West and then 52 back to Lawrence. You're literally going in circles. There are no words ... Face With Tears Of Joy
Corvus oculum corvi non eruit.
Deal Addict
Sep 21, 2011
1655 posts
435 upvotes
Need Andy Byford back to clean up this mess lol
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8533 upvotes
GTHA
Micelli_Illuminatti wrote: Thank you, @tk1000 To answer my question using the info. provided, to get from Y&S to Lawrence, you take the 84 to Downsview, the subway to Lawrence West and then 52 back to Lawrence. You're literally going in circles. There are no words ... Face With Tears Of Joy
"For customers travelling to and from locations along Yonge St., the TTC will provide increased service on the 97 Yonge route."

Why not take the 97 Yonge Southbound from Y&S station to Lawrence station?

http://www.ttc.ca/Routes/97/Southbound.jsp
Last edited by tk1000 on Feb 22nd, 2018 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
20434 posts
21557 upvotes
Toronto
shawn01 wrote: Need Andy Byford back to clean up this mess lol
He earned $339,913.43 in Toronto for 2016 . Gotta figure New York offered him a pretty penny to leave
Things changed now that I’m a father, I can’t live my life a quarter mile at a time anymore.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2011
3049 posts
630 upvotes
Google maps says its only a 52 minutes walk between Lawrence and St. Clair. Why the uproar? Go get some exercise!
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8533 upvotes
GTHA
oicthat2013 wrote: no shuttle buses? unacceptable
"While there are no shuttles, there are extra ('X') buses running east & west, and additional service along Yonge!”

Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
12510 posts
6382 upvotes
Toronto
Micelli_Illuminatti wrote: Terrible, if true. It's almost as if the TTC has given up, or, perhaps it is costing them too much to run the shuttle buses. So, people who need to get to Lawrence from Yonge are supposed to do what? How would University side of line 1, help? Don't forget, TTC named best public transit agency in North America. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Lawrence and Yonge intersect.
Micelli_Illuminatti wrote: Thank you, @tk1000 To answer my question using the info. provided, to get from Y&S to Lawrence, you take the 84 to Downsview, the subway to Lawrence West and then 52 back to Lawrence. You're literally going in circles. There are no words ... Face With Tears Of Joy
Walk, drive,bike, Uber, Lyft, taxi, skateboard, hitchhike.

It’s the weekend I think Toronto will survive
Nov 18, 2008
249 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto
So Yonge and Sheppard to downtown is still ok?
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8533 upvotes
GTHA
jkhan wrote: So Yonge and Sheppard to downtown is still ok?
Yes, you can take the 97 Yonge Southbound from Yonge and Sheppard to St. Clair station, then take the subway southbound.

Also can take the 84X at Yonge-Sheppard station to Sheppard West station, then take the subway southbound.

Nov 18, 2008
249 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto
tk1000 wrote: Yes, you can take the 97 Yonge Southbound from Yonge and Sheppard station to St. Clair station, then take the subway southbound.

Also can take the 84X to Sheppard West, then take the subway southbound.

I guess I could take subway from North York instead.