Site Comments & Suggestions

FYI If you see a popup pending post approval, you may have referenced a banned seller

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2021 1:55 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15339 posts
9895 upvotes
Southern Ontario

FYI If you see a popup pending post approval, you may have referenced a banned seller

Yesterday I learned something new here. I didn't know the seller was banned for solicitation, and a link to a previous RFD deal with said seller still exists so I used the name as a comparative price point. I thought maybe I wasn't in good standing or there was a glitch in the particular thread when later I posted elsewhere and was successful.

A mod was kind enough to message me and explain. It's automated, there is no public list of banned sellers, so if you see this popup, try removing reference to the seller in your post.

It's a shame sellers do this, because it's not the first time I've bought legitimately decent long lasting products and they will not be on RFD.

Question to admin, perhaps the popup could be more specifically worded to mention such?
1 reply
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
16205 posts
31014 upvotes
Scarborough
AncasterRFD wrote: It's a shame sellers do this, because it's not the first time I've bought legitimately decent long lasting products and they will not be on RFD.

Question to admin, perhaps the popup could be more specifically worded to mention such?
It is a shame and we try not to block sellers but sometimes it gets so bad that we have no other choice. It's funny seeing Amazon's recent purge of sellers and how many of them overlap with RFD's banned sellers list.

To answer your question, it's a great suggestion however I don't think it'll be possible to customize the message based on the reason the post is being sent for review (new user, flagged word, penalty box, etc.). It may be possible to edit the default message to be more generic however. I'll see if that's something we might be able to do.
RFD Staff - Have a question? Send me a PM
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)