• Oct 14th, 2020 7:55 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 5, 2006
5459 posts
2654 upvotes
Global Village

Gal Gadot to star in Cleopatra for Paramount

I remember they were looking at Angelina Jolie for this but it's Gadot now.

All day I dream about sports
5 replies
Deal Guru
Jul 23, 2007
12631 posts
4430 upvotes
Toronto
scoper wrote: I remember they were looking at Angelina Jolie for this but it's Gadot now.
According to the Deadline article referenced, the rumoured Jolie or Lady Gaga casting was for a long developing separate Sony film allowing for the possibility of duelling big budget Cleo projects
IMO Camilla Belle or Lily Collins are a couple of striking brunettes but probably not high profile enough for Sony
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 5, 2006
5459 posts
2654 upvotes
Global Village
jenviea wrote: According to the Deadline article referenced, the rumoured Jolie or Lady Gaga casting was for a long developing separate Sony film allowing for the possibility of duelling big budget Cleo projects
IMO Camilla Belle or Lily Collins are a couple of striking brunettes but probably not high profile enough for Sony
It mentions a "wild" auction between Paramount, Universal, Warner Bros, Netflix and Apple. I'd be curious how much the bids for this were, this will not be a cheap movie to make.

https://deadline.com/2020/10/cleopatra- ... 234595246/
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2017
3957 posts
1922 upvotes
I'm not a fan of GG. Hopefully she proves me wrong on this one.
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
11002 posts
7359 upvotes
GTA, ON
scoper wrote: It mentions a "wild" auction between Paramount, Universal, Warner Bros, Netflix and Apple. I'd be curious how much the bids for this were, this will not be a cheap movie to make.
These days everything is green screen.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 5, 2006
5459 posts
2654 upvotes
Global Village
chimaican wrote: These days everything is green screen.
Yup, there is an expectation of lavish spectacle in this because of the 1963 film but they can CGI the large crowds and expensive looking sets. Still it will be very difficult to make this well for under $100 mill imo.
Wonder if they're gonna go full WW and cast Chris Pine as Mark Anthony.