Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Galaxy S20 5G 128GB for $774.98 before tax with trade-in + Free AKG Y500 Headphones

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 14th, 2020 12:41 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2019
1262 posts
1248 upvotes
HotDeals20 wrote: I asked if I could change the trade in phone and they told me I can. I don't think they care as long as the trade value is $0.
How to change? Is there a form?
Oct 6, 2020
345 posts
761 upvotes
darkhorz1 wrote: How to change? Is there a form?
No form. Got an email confirmation I can send in whatever phone I want.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
4737 posts
262 upvotes
Toronto
HotDeals20 wrote: Did anyone receive a voucher for the headphones instead?
Yes, got a new code to order the headphones in blue as they are in stock.

Cost $0.01
Jun 18, 2010
533 posts
140 upvotes
GTA
Same here, yesterday I got an email from Samsung saying that the headphones colour I chose is not available anymore. They gave me a promo code to buy the blue headphones for 1 cent. Ordered yesterday, shipped today, will receive it tomorrow.
Apr 18, 2017
33 posts
24 upvotes
I contacted both Samsung support and Reconext (3rd party affiliate dealing with trade-ins). Nothing will happen if you don't trade in your phone, you just won't receive the credit that the phone was valued at. The -$425 promotion still applies on the S20.
Banned
May 15, 2016
7020 posts
2490 upvotes
kireshantht wrote: I contacted both Samsung support and Reconext (3rd party affiliate dealing with trade-ins). Nothing will happen if you don't trade in your phone, you just won't receive the credit that the phone was valued at. The -$425 promotion still applies on the S20.
But they already took that discount off ahead of time. I think most people here are concerned about clawback. Everyone should have a gazillion old phones.

Probably not a good deal anymore with no headphones.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2019
1262 posts
1248 upvotes
kireshantht wrote: I contacted both Samsung support and Reconext (3rd party affiliate dealing with trade-ins). Nothing will happen if you don't trade in your phone, you just won't receive the credit that the phone was valued at. The -$425 promotion still applies on the S20.
You checked with Samsung on chat?
Apr 28, 2014
292 posts
58 upvotes
Ontario
Did anyone receive a shipping notice?? It's been 2 weeks and still shows processing under Samsung's order tracker
Signature
Apr 18, 2017
33 posts
24 upvotes
Called Samsung and got the rep to file a ticket regarding our conversation. Also have an email from Reconext confirming nothing happens except I don't get my 5$ for my s7. They won't clawback the promotion that was offered.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2018
5771 posts
3267 upvotes
kireshantht wrote: Called Samsung and got the rep to file a ticket regarding our conversation. Also have an email from Reconext confirming nothing happens except I don't get my 5$ for my s7. They won't clawback the promotion that was offered.
That's good, Thanks for letting us know Kireshanth
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2019
1262 posts
1248 upvotes
Anyone else confirmed with Samsung regarding the trade bonus clawback in case you we don't send the old phone back?
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2005
1275 posts
641 upvotes
darkhorz1 wrote: Anyone else confirmed with Samsung regarding the trade bonus clawback in case you we don't send the old phone back?
I caved in and sent in my $0 value trade in just to be on the safe side.

The irony is that I will also be returning back the S20 - it is a great phone, but I can't find a reason to ditch my P20 Pro and be out of pocket $875. A first world problem :(
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2019
1262 posts
1248 upvotes
theshowman wrote: I caved in and sent in my $0 value trade in just to be on the safe side.

The irony is that I will also be returning back the S20 - it is a great phone, but I can't find a reason to ditch my P20 Pro and be out of pocket $875. A first world problem :(
Isn't the return period just 15 days, which I am assuming is already over if you bought in this offer?

I was also thinking of returning the S20; just can't get used to the loss of features in this phone compared to my existing phone - a 4 year old oneplus3
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2005
1275 posts
641 upvotes
darkhorz1 wrote: Isn't the return period just 15 days, which I am assuming is already over if you bought in this offer?

I was also thinking of returning the S20; just can't get used to the loss of features in this phone compared to my existing phone - a 4 year old oneplus3
I received mine on Oct 14th, so I would assume I have 15 days after I receive it. I can call Samsung to find out ,..
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2007
1349 posts
480 upvotes
Toronto
Just to follow up, my trade in promo did not get cancelled . I was supposed to send in my phone by Oct. 26.
Jun 22, 2020
85 posts
102 upvotes
Did samsung clawback trade in bonus for anyone who did not send any trade in phone?
Deal Addict
May 6, 2020
1124 posts
1026 upvotes
MDTanvirM7655 wrote: Did samsung clawback trade in bonus for anyone who did not send any trade in phone?
For me no they didn't.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)