Expired Hot Deals

Game Pass (XB1/PC)

Crosscode (just released on Xbox) (Zelda-like 2d rpg)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 11th, 2020 2:12 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2011
3140 posts
6004 upvotes
London, Ontario

Crosscode (just released on Xbox) (Zelda-like 2d rpg)

Retailer:
Game Pass (XB1/PC)
It was nice to see this was just added to game pass. I had no idea it was coming to game pass. It also got a great score on Metacritic (87) (86 on PC with user score of 8.2). Enjoy!

Xbox One
PC

Note: For casuals or maybe young people, the difficulty can be adjusted with sliders (reducing by 10s) to a minimum of enemies only doing 20% damage, attacking at as low as 50% frequency and puzzle speed down to as low as 50%. All the achievements look fairly easy to get too. No having to beat bosses without getting hurt or anything.

About the game:

This retro-inspired 2D Action RPG might outright surprise you. CrossCode combines 16-bit SNES-style graphics with butter-smooth physics, a fast-paced combat system, and engaging puzzle mechanics, served with a gripping sci-fi story.

CrossCode is all about how it plays! Take the best out of two popular genres, find a good balance between them and make a great game. That’s what CrossCode does. You get the puzzles of Zelda-esque dungeons and are rewarded with the great variety of equipment you know and love from RPGs. During the fast-paced battles you will use the tools you find on your journey to reveal and exploit the enemies' weaknesses and at the same time will be able to choose equipment and skills for a more in-depth approach in fighting your enemies.
Last edited by SoldierZeroB on Jul 9th, 2020 12:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
7 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
1344 posts
1534 upvotes
So you need to pay a subscription fee on PC or it's 26$?
It's 17.5 on steam
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2011
3140 posts
6004 upvotes
London, Ontario
lleb13 wrote: So you need to pay a subscription fee on PC or it's 26$?
It's 17.5 on steam
Yes. You need to pay a subscription fee. It says game pass pc is usually $5.99 per month. This link shows game pass for PC is currently $1.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2011
3140 posts
6004 upvotes
London, Ontario
I played it for 3 1/2 hours in one sitting. It's quite fun. Bosses are fairly tough for me, but if you find them too easy you could always just wear bad/no gear to make your girl weaker. You also get better loot by continually killing enemies and keeping a combo going which can lead to rare stuff as well.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
5750 posts
3701 upvotes
West Vancouver
Pay per month...

What a fail.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5692 posts
3831 upvotes
Toronto
Coz4k wrote: Pay per month...

What a fail.
I paid $1 last month and got to play through a bunch of games I'd never replay anyways. Meanwhile if I did want to replay them later, they'll be cheaper than they are now. I fail to see how this is a fail.
May 27, 2010
464 posts
185 upvotes
Coz4k wrote: Pay per month...

What a fail.
Like the concept of the service or not, there is no fail in the value of GamePass. Currently, there are 233 console and 189 PC games (368 total, due to some shared titles).