PC & Video Games

GameCube Broadband Adapters are selling for $150 in 2021??

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 12th, 2021 1:56 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 31, 2004
1394 posts
58 upvotes
Burlington, ON

GameCube Broadband Adapters are selling for $150 in 2021??

I've clearly missed something!
I just looked on eBay and there have been numerous completed transactions, in the US and Canada, over the last three months, for GameCube Broadband Adapters.
I was then stunned when I saw that those sales were in the $150 price range!!
W.T.F.??
Is this lockdown retro gaming? Everyone playing Mario Cart?
Oh... and the nice side bonus for me... The reason I was looking, was that I found two brand new in box adapters when cleaning the basement!!!
20210223_005038.jpg
There are two types of people in the world,
those who search for hidden messages, and those who don't.
15 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2398 posts
397 upvotes
They aren't super common and there's some homebrew stuff they're used for.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jun 18, 2012
10514 posts
5143 upvotes
Toronto
there's maybe a lot of things you own that u could put up on eBay for a lot of money... check out what you have, might surprise you!
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 31, 2004
1394 posts
58 upvotes
Burlington, ON
ManCaveGamer wrote: there's maybe a lot of things you own that u could put up on eBay for a lot of money... check out what you have, might surprise you!
@ManCaveGamer I am pretty sure there isn't a market for most of the stuff stacked downstairs.
Know anyone who needs 4mb - 64mb CF and SD cards? Smiling Face With Open Mouth
20210225_152733.jpg
There are two types of people in the world,
those who search for hidden messages, and those who don't.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 17, 2006
5497 posts
3579 upvotes
GreenWeenie wrote: I've clearly missed something!
I just looked on eBay and there have been numerous completed transactions, in the US and Canada, over the last three months, for GameCube Broadband Adapters.
I was then stunned when I saw that those sales were in the $150 price range!!
W.T.F.??
Is this lockdown retro gaming? Everyone playing Mario Cart?
Oh... and the nice side bonus for me... The reason I was looking, was that I found two brand new in box adapters when cleaning the basement!!!
20210223_005038.jpg
People will buy weird things to collect or play, when it comes to gaming.

I just sold an extra copy of SIlent Hill 2 (CiB) mint for $90. The girl that bought it told me why wasn't I selling it for me as it goes for $100+, I said I had a hard time selling it on Kijiji and eBay. I guess it takes the right person or audience to strike the gold mine when selling things.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 12, 2005
10617 posts
2478 upvotes
Victoria
I remember this a while back. Dreamcast's also had a similar device but they were super rare. When I had a Dreamcast they were already nearly impossible to find. I suppose it's the same for the Nintendo.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 31, 2004
1394 posts
58 upvotes
Burlington, ON
zod wrote: I remember this a while back. Dreamcast's also had a similar device but they were super rare. When I had a Dreamcast they were already nearly impossible to find. I suppose it's the same for the Nintendo.
From what I recall, it seemed that just about everything with the Dreamcast was "rare". We had one, and I do remember scouring eBay for items.
I probably still have that baby tucked in a basement box. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
There are two types of people in the world,
those who search for hidden messages, and those who don't.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jun 18, 2012
10514 posts
5143 upvotes
Toronto
Sejad wrote: People will buy weird things to collect or play, when it comes to gaming.

I just sold an extra copy of SIlent Hill 2 (CiB) mint for $90. The girl that bought it told me why wasn't I selling it for me as it goes for $100+, I said I had a hard time selling it on Kijiji and eBay. I guess it takes the right person or audience to strike the gold mine when selling things.
damn, I should've kept my copy of Silent Hill 2... bought it for $70+ when it came out and I think I sold it for like $10-$15 after
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jun 18, 2012
10514 posts
5143 upvotes
Toronto
Sejad wrote: Lmao, I checked the girls Kijiji profile and she listed it for $150.
Buy low sell high!
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 31, 2004
1394 posts
58 upvotes
Burlington, ON
ManCaveGamer wrote: Buy low sell high!

Sell high? That sounds very very dangerous to me @ManCaveGamer !!! Smiling Face With Sunglasses

Image
There are two types of people in the world,
those who search for hidden messages, and those who don't.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 7, 2007
20955 posts
5395 upvotes
Poormond Hill
I have a broadband and a modem adapter.
Image
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
5194 posts
4034 upvotes
Redmask wrote: I had a sealed copy of Tales of Xilia kicking around in my basement which I thought was worthless but someone paid me $100 for. Value is subjective /shrug
Lol someone overpaid for that. I have like 2 copies and a sealed collector's edition of that game. That game is not that rare.

I did manage to sell my extra copies of Trails of Cold Steel Decisive and Relentless editions for $230 and $330 though. Not sure I should sell my last copies of those or hold onto them for now.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)