Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000 (PC Digital Download) for $1.03

Deal Link:
Price:
$1.03
Savings:
81%
Retailer:
GamersGate
GamersGate has Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000 (PC Digital Download) on sale for $1.03

Note: Activates on Steam

Features:
Three campaigns: Colonial Marine, Alien and Predator
Includes all the levels from the original AvP Gold Edition plus the Millennium Expansion Pack
Skirmish mode against infinite Alien hordes
Bonus Episodes
6 replies
Penalty Box
Dec 1, 2014
253 posts
422 upvotes
Anjou, QC
Really cool game. If you have vintage hardware with an EAX capable card you're in for a treat. You can also enable EAX on modern Realtek hardware if you get the correct driver, the surround sound (even via headphones) and environmental effects really add to the ambiance and immersivity.
JANNIES DO IT FOR FREE
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
19451 posts
8936 upvotes
Oakville
OMG, my buddies and I used to have so much fun playing this game.

Edit: booo, just noticed that it doesn't support multiplayer. That was the best part!
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
19451 posts
8936 upvotes
Oakville
gotglint wrote: agreed! i used to love playing as the Alien and biting everyone's heads off lol

still have my install CD.

i wonder why multiplayer doesn't work anymore?
I bet it would work if you used vintage hardware/OSes and the original install media. But a lot of these old games won't run on newer computers/OSes and they have to tweak them to get them working... And I'm guessing getting the networking code working is harder than getting the graphics code working.

But yeah... Playing as the Alien or the Predator in multiplayer was so much fun. Nobody ever wanted to be the Space Marines.
Jan 18, 2011
354 posts
135 upvotes
Toronto
Great memories of this game - switching vision modes on the predator and locking on with his disc weapon, or scurrying along walls and launching yourself as an alien - good times
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2013
1009 posts
347 upvotes
Chambly, QC
What’s the max resolution of this game?
Because 1024x768 is pretty much unplayable on a 16/9 screen...
Jul 21, 2009
180 posts
49 upvotes
This game was so much fun back in the day. Mplayer was really good and it is a shame there are no lobby platforms like that today. This game introduced me to online multiplayer FPS before Quake 3 consumed me for a few years. Great times and memories.