Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
STEAM

[Merged] New Humble Indie Bundle - Voxatron + 2 More

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 22nd, 2011 4:13 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2004
2909 posts
396 upvotes

[STEAM] [Merged] New Humble Indie Bundle - Voxatron + 2 More

More offers from STEAM
There's a new Humble Indie Bundle out today but it only appears to be one game.

http://www.humblebundle.com/

The game is called Voxatron and it's a shooter.

The page says you get updates including maps and characters in the future. There is also a level editor included, so I'm sure folks will be making lots of levels after this deal.

Average is $3.31 right now.

EDIT: Per iamaaronlol, no Steam key currently being provided with purchase.

In the past they have provided one when the game hits Steam.

May also be more games coming, which is what they did the last time around.

EDIT:
2 more games added to the bundle.

For some reason they updated on their twitter feed but not on the page itself.

New games:
Blocks that Matter
Binding of Isaac

These 2 games come with Steam codes but you have to pay above the average price to get them.
Current average: $3.95
29 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
2210 posts
283 upvotes
BC
They want me to pay for a single game that's in alpha right now?

Do they have a bundle quota to meet or something? I can't see the point of running this bundle. It's a buggy version of what looks to be a minecraft ripoff.
Sep 27, 2005
799 posts
194 upvotes
champdood wrote: They want me to pay for a single game that's in alpha right now?

Do they have a bundle quota to meet or something? I can't see the point of running this bundle. It's a buggy version of what looks to be a minecraft ripoff.

Are you seriously complaining about a pay-what-you-want?
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2010
1166 posts
492 upvotes
Ottawa
As with the previous HumbleBundle offers, will this new one also be redeemable on steam?
Jan 15, 2007
210 posts
100 upvotes
champdood wrote: It's a buggy version of what looks to be a minecraft ripoff.

You... didn't actually look at the game, did you?

I guess it's a Minecraft ripoff, in the same way that Minecraft is a Jill of the Jungle ripoff. That being, not even remotely connected.
Sep 3, 2010
300 posts
150 upvotes
mr.interested wrote: As with the previous HumbleBundle offers, will this new one also be redeemable on steam?
Just bought it, no Steam key provided. Might want to update OP.
Dec 31, 2006
25 posts
1 upvote
champdood wrote: They want me to pay for a single game that's in alpha right now?

Great post. Glad you put in a lot of investigative work into your opinion. Just look at the the one picture on the main page did you?
Feb 18, 2010
727 posts
83 upvotes
ashground wrote: I guess it's a Minecraft ripoff, in the same way that Minecraft is a Jill of the Jungle ripoff. That being, not even remotely connected.

Actually, Minecraft is an Infirmier ripoff.

Seriously though, does it matter if games are ripoffs of each other? If they take the same concept and make it their own thing, I give them props for trying to be original.
Jul 27, 2006
600 posts
23 upvotes
Maple Ridge, BC
*scratches head* of course there's no steam key... the game isn't released, hence not on steam.

You won't get your steam key until it releases.

Anyway, purchased. Won't play it until it's released but this will secure a very low cost for the title.
::Heatware:: 6-0-0
::Location::
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2007
3057 posts
1504 upvotes
I think complaining about an alpha being THE ONLY game in this current "bundle" is valid thats like selling bulbs of flowers as flowers for a charity, you aren't selling FLOWERS you're selling BULBS, he isn't selling a cohesive game just VERY rough WIP buggy(as expected for an alpha) game. This point it's almost like hes just asking for donations with nothing, now if the rumored games Binding Isaac and Blocks that Matter get added tot his bundle, then we'll have something worthwhile.
Dec 9, 2005
133 posts
23 upvotes
ph00p wrote: I think complaining about an alpha being THE ONLY game in this current "bundle" is valid thats like selling bulbs of flowers as flowers for a charity, you aren't selling FLOWERS you're selling BULBS, he isn't selling a cohesive game just VERY rough WIP buggy(as expected for an alpha) game. This point it's almost like hes just asking for donations with nothing, now if the rumored games Binding Isaac and Blocks that Matter get added tot his bundle, then we'll have something worthwhile.

To be fair, they seem to be marketing this as a debut and not a bundle. Also, I'm going to have to agree with the other posters. How can you complain about HIB's when you can pay whatever you want? If you think it's worth $5, pay $5. If you think it's worth $1, pay $1. If you don't think it's worth anything, then don't buy it. I'm sure the developers understand that most people will be paying less than the expected retail of $15 for an alpha build of a game.
Jul 5, 2006
811 posts
65 upvotes
hey, so, I don't get it...
is this for a alpha copy of the game right now, which includes a free copy of the retail version whenever it's released? or is this *just* for the alpha? second, and more important, if I buy this now, will I get a steam key whenever this game is released? I'm not sure this is worth my 0.01 if it's not going to be on steam :|
Jul 19, 2011
769 posts
434 upvotes
Toronto
http://www.humblebundle.com/

$9000+ self promotion FTW
$10.01+ if there were more people like you, the world would be a peaceful place
$3.01 - $10 you are a human worthy of human rights and life
$1.01 - $3 low class peasant
$0.02 - $1 you are Mr. Crabs, but still better than a donkey
$0.01 you are an old frail donkey who's gonna die alone in your basement, and then Cave Johnson is gonna burn your house down with explosive lemons.
Nov 18, 2009
54 posts
Camrose
aaaaaa wrote: hey, so, I don't get it...
is this for a alpha copy of the game right now, which includes a free copy of the retail version whenever it's released? or is this *just* for the alpha? second, and more important, if I buy this now, will I get a steam key whenever this game is released? I'm not sure this is worth my 0.01 if it's not going to be on steam :|

Comes with all extras and updates for life. If it ever gets on Steam, you get a Steam key.

Not going to mention the "0.01" comment... Get off my lawn you no good delinquent! Ok, calm down self.
Jun 7, 2009
366 posts
115 upvotes
Damn, they've already made $150k.

I'm going to pass on this unless they add in some more games.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
2210 posts
283 upvotes
BC
ashground wrote: You... didn't actually look at the game, did you?

I guess it's a Minecraft ripoff, in the same way that Minecraft is a Jill of the Jungle ripoff. That being, not even remotely connected.

I don't even know anything about Minecraft :P. I should have gone with "they use similar design elements", but even if it was a ripoff that's not a bad thing. Regardless, it was a throw away comment and not really the important the important part of what I said. It's one game. It's in alpha. Have you ever done alpha or beta testing? Until the big thing with giving beta access for preorders came along, people who beta tested games used to get a free copy at the very least.

I've got no problem with people donating to charity, that's great in my eyes. But when you're peddling an alpha for cash that suggests to me you're trying to raise some money to finish the game (and most of the money of the first bundle went to the developers. They haven't released figures since). But hey, a lot of people are buying it, so I guess I'm on my own with my opinion.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2004
2909 posts
396 upvotes
aaaaaa wrote: hey, so, I don't get it...

Don't stress it, because they don't want you as a customer anyway.
Nov 24, 2008
89 posts
8 upvotes
Vancouver
Also, rumour has it that they'll be adding Blocks That Matter and The Binding Of Isaac in the upcoming days...
Mar 8, 2011
162 posts
58 upvotes
Bought a bundle a couple months ago. Never played any of them. Totally regret it now.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)