GameSpot

Locked: Microsoft Office Lifetime license for $30

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 26th, 2023 8:31 pm
Aug 17, 2012
872 posts
890 upvotes
COQUITLAM
If you just want to use a Word program, you could just use LibreOffice, which is free.
Nov 4, 2012
958 posts
397 upvotes
rfdnewbie6910 wrote: or just download the cracked version, for free...
You can risk to have your PC hacked.
Aug 6, 2009
53 posts
11 upvotes
Anyone here actually willing to buy something through "GameSpot".

I thought it was a typo, but it seems that nobody can run a website without going into selling stuff.

Still in office sub so not going to cancel that to get the software without updates and the extra 1tb cloud storage.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2011
1423 posts
1069 upvotes
Québec
FluffyCookie wrote: Here’s a look at the software included with Microsoft Office Pro 2021 for Windows:

Microsoft Office Word
Microsoft Office Excel
Microsoft Office PowerPoint
Microsoft Office Outlook
Microsoft Office Teams
Microsoft Office OneNote
Microsoft Office Publisher
Microsoft Office Access
Skype for Business
The Mac version comes with everything listed above except for Publisher, Access, and Skype for Business. You also only get the "basic" version of Teams with the Mac license. Considering that most users are buying Microsoft Office for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, these concessions probably aren't dealbreakers.

It's worth noting that purchasing Microsoft Office 2021 means that you won't receive regular software updates that are offered to Microsoft 365 subscribers. Again, this likely isn't a huge deal for most people, as $30 is a bargain for even just Microsoft Word--and the 2021 version of Office is still excellent today.

Be sure to redeem your license within 30 days of purchase or return an unredeemed code for store credit. This sale is expected to end soon, so swing by and check out the impressive savings while you can.
Gamespot is not the vendor, Definitive Lab is, this company has seem to have started january 2023. This is not a legit offer obviously.
Last edited by elgros4 on Jan 24th, 2023 10:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sep 23, 2014
698 posts
1053 upvotes
Toronto, ON
PlumpAF wrote: Orrrr go to google, type in microsoft activation scripts github and use microsofts own tools to active office/windows for free!
Did exactly that for multiple PCs in my household. Free.99 is best deal Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Last edited by LockAndKey on Jan 24th, 2023 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2019
2355 posts
2905 upvotes
craigslist123 wrote: You can risk to have your PC hacked.
eh, i did it before, multiple times, win os too, never been hacked...i guess i got lucky
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2011
1423 posts
1069 upvotes
Québec
canadatoronto wrote: can same happen with this? in another word is this legit given pro is 569 cad...
Sure, the vendor is not gamespot has claimed, the vendor is Definitive Lab. A company founded in january 2023.
Good luck getting your money back in a couple of month if your licence is revoked by Microsoft.
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2019
2436 posts
12612 upvotes
rfdnewbie6910 wrote: eh, i did it before, multiple times, win os too, never been hacked...i guess i got lucky
Same, just get it from less sketchy sources
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2019
2355 posts
2905 upvotes
Spiritualx wrote: Same, just get it from less sketchy sources
any torrent with a lot of seeds, i tend to trust, and it hasnt failed me so far
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2019
2436 posts
12612 upvotes
rfdnewbie6910 wrote: any torrent with a lot of seeds, i tend to trust, and it hasnt failed me so far
Seeds are not always representative, lots of botted seeds but yeah just make sure it's a legit source
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2019
2355 posts
2905 upvotes
Spiritualx wrote: Seeds are not always representative, lots of botted seeds but yeah just make sure it's a legit source
not always, but to me, if people willing to keep seeding it after downloading it, then thats a 5 star feed back in my books, cant all be bots, so more seeds the better
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2004
1668 posts
229 upvotes
gameSPOT yet another volume license tends to be banned soon
Last edited by bigbug on Jan 24th, 2023 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2013
1015 posts
1271 upvotes
Ontario
This isn't a lifetime license... This is just straight-up buying Microsoft Office 2021.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
10987 posts
2800 upvotes
Victoria
It doesn't feel to me there's that many benefits in new versions of Office that come out. I think I'm using the one that came out before 2021 (2019?) and word and excel (The two things I use) are still pretty modern and work pretty good. I loathe the concept of paying for a subscription for software. Buying a permanent key seems to be a good way to go. It's not like you need the massive upgrade (which isn't really that big) every 3 or 4 years. You still get security and bug updates.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
1972 posts
1544 upvotes
Vancouver
I used to pirate everything, including office but lately I've just been getting these keys for family and have great success over the years. Another thread suggested joywarp which is the same thing but for $15 usd. I got one and it works well.
WarioDealSeeker wrote: Always wondered if these were legit. TMZ sells this to.
https://shop.tmz.com/sales/microsoft-of ... nse-2-pack
These are all against Microsoft's terms of service so they're not really legit. But a tiny bit more legit than running a patching tool lol
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
8643 posts
8989 upvotes
mohandas wrote: I ordered once from AliExpress and that key stopped working after few months.
And the exact same thing can happen with this.

You are paying for a pirate license either way.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
8643 posts
8989 upvotes
mohandas wrote: Yes it can happen. But the risk with Chinese websites like AliExpress is more.
Why? The risk is basically the same. All these key come from the same sort of source.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
8643 posts
8989 upvotes
Spiritualx wrote: Why do people bother with this when you can just use an activator (just make sure to get it from a non sketchy source)
People are convinced these keys are more 'legitimate' and aren't piracy, even though it's the same 'legitimate' as using an activator.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
8643 posts
8989 upvotes
elgros4 wrote: Gamespot is not the vendor, Definitive Lab is, this company has seem to have started january 2023. This is not a legit offer obviously.
If it's not Microsoft selling the key, it's not legit.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)