Hot Deals

GameSpot

Locked: Microsoft Office Lifetime license for $30

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 26th, 2023 8:31 pm
Jan 12, 2017
732 posts
55 upvotes
Jumanji12 wrote: Go to Aliexpress and pay 12CAD. equivalent of this and save $$.
Link please, and thank you
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
8643 posts
8989 upvotes
RoseTech wrote: This isn't a lifetime license... This is just straight-up buying Microsoft Office 2021.
You can't buy MSOffice, you can only buy a license authorizing your use of it.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
8643 posts
8989 upvotes
cgg123321 wrote: I used to pirate everything, including office but lately I've just been getting these keys for family and have great success over the years. Another thread suggested joywarp which is the same thing but for $15 usd. I got one and it works well.
These are all against Microsoft's terms of service so they're not really legit. But a tiny bit more legit than running a patching tool lol
So you're still pirating. MS isn't getting a cent from these keys being sold. It's no better than using a cracking tool.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2011
1229 posts
909 upvotes
VillageIdiot wrote: If you just want to use a Word program, you could just use LibreOffice, which is free.
Libre Office comes with a few more functions in addition to word processing. I wonder if those people who pay for Office, they're actually using functions Libre doesn't offer?
Freedom mobile, airbnb, AMEX, Great Canadian Rebates (GCR), Ebates, Top Cash Back, Groupon, Livingsocial, Doordash, SkipTheDishes, Checkout 51, Drop, Stack, Wise, Questrade, EQ, Achieva, PayTM, Simplii and Tangerine customer.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2014
1044 posts
399 upvotes
London
If you were in college, there would be some perks for both students & graduates including educational Windows 10, Office 365, and Adobe CC with legit keys for free that lasts forever.
Only thing you need is your educational user/pass to get through, download, install, and put the keys in. :)
For example: Connect Fanshawe
Nov 4, 2006
657 posts
760 upvotes
Vancouver
or just use Office 2007..going strong and plenty of horsepower 16 years later.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
8643 posts
8989 upvotes
maverikbc wrote: Libre Office comes with a few more functions in addition to word processing. I wonder if those people who pay for Office, they're actually using functions Libre doesn't offer?
I'm sure they're not, but that still doesn't make Libre Office an option.

The problem is compatibility, not features. When I open a Word doc in word, it looks correct, every time.

When I open a Word doc in Libre Office, it's a crap shoot whether the formatting is right, whether the fonts render right, whether ANY sort of macro or other 'special' thing works right.

Libre Office is fantastic if you stick with Libre Office, but the moment anyone using Word enters the picture the experience becomes a crap shoot.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2011
1229 posts
909 upvotes
repatch wrote:
When I open a Word doc in Libre Office, it's a crap shoot whether the formatting is right, whether the fonts render right, whether ANY sort of macro or other 'special' thing works right.
This has never happened to me. I haven't played with settings.
Freedom mobile, airbnb, AMEX, Great Canadian Rebates (GCR), Ebates, Top Cash Back, Groupon, Livingsocial, Doordash, SkipTheDishes, Checkout 51, Drop, Stack, Wise, Questrade, EQ, Achieva, PayTM, Simplii and Tangerine customer.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
7836 posts
8528 upvotes
Vancouver
rfdnewbie6910 wrote: sorry, whats stacksocial? i mean aside from what i can google, whats the reputation like
Stacksocial is a legit online software retailer with a good rep. I've never had a problem with them on past purchases. Check previous threads.

They frequently offer these Office bulk licence deals. They are widely advertised on legit sites like CNET. Microsoft is well aware of them, and maintains that it violates their terms for companies to resell these bulk licences to individuals not associated with the original company. Nevertheless courts have questioned the validity of Microsoft's position in various commercial disputes. It remains unresolved, and Microsoft has not taken any action to cancel individual user licences purchased through this means.

The risk is that the original bulk purchaser will cancel their agreement with Microsoft, and all their licences will be invalidated. If it was already installed it will keep working, but you will not be able to re-install. If it was not yet installed, it will not work, and you will have to request a replacement from the seller that comes from a different bulk source. Stacksocial will do that, but don't know about others.
Last edited by Scote64 on Jan 24th, 2023 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2013
1015 posts
1271 upvotes
Ontario
repatch wrote: You can't buy MSOffice, you can only buy a license authorizing your use of it.
I know. That's what I mean. Always has been. Even when buying it at the store, you're just buying a license to use it + copy of the data.
Expiring licenses apply to Office 365 subscriptions or corporate/education/etc. volume license customers.
So them advertising "Microsoft Office Lifetime License" is misleading. That's a normal consumer license for a single version of Office.

tl;dr Just saying "Microsoft Office Lifetime License" sounds like it's for all versions going forward for your lifetime.
Jul 12, 2017
119 posts
253 upvotes
PlumpAF wrote: Orrrr go to google, type in microsoft activation scripts github and use microsofts own tools to active office/windows for free!
I nominate you for RFD post of the year! Smiling Face With Heart-shaped Eyes

I used DuckDuckGo for my search, but found the scripts no problem!
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
3466 posts
3976 upvotes
GVRD
Gamespot is just a independent reseller hub for anything that they can make a 5% commission on.
Not any different from eBay or AliExpress.

Ignorant people will think they have a more legitimate license if they pay more from a name reseller such as GameSpot, MacWorld, PC World, etc.
If you buy from the classified section of the Toronto Star or the New York Times, it doesn't mean it's more credible.

Ignorant people think that successful install codes = valid legitimate forever licenses. Not. There are lots of different install codes from dealers (Not for Resale licenses), code developers, MSDN subscribers, etc.

Don't compare this to a regularly purchased license and call it a deal. Compare it to the many gray market code sellers before calling it a deal.
Last edited by RxMills on Jan 24th, 2023 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2004
1387 posts
261 upvotes
EDM Area
I can see a lot people using these since MS has gutted the HUP. Before you could just buy versions of office if you qualified through work and I believe the licenses were issued through digital river. Now all you get is 30% off an annual office 365 sub from MS.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
3466 posts
3976 upvotes
GVRD
Scote64 wrote: Stacksocial is a legit online software retailer with a good rep.
Fake news. Check Reddit boards, Better Business Bureau sites, etc. Don't believe the 5 Reviewers on Stacksocial's site, that Stacksocial allowed to be posted. There are many examples of people needing replacement codes, getting messages of code already used, having their credit card details "reused", etc. Nerdused even has their own sites. Sometimes they take US$50 for a code. Sometimes they take US$2 for a code. They do that because they're not the seller (they're the supplier).

Stacksocial (and many other sites) are just reseller hubs. They don't have an inventory of Microsoft codes that they purchased from Microsoft or any other dealer. Therefore, they are not liable. They use codes from global install code finders in Europe and Asia. Most of the agressive marketing campaigns get their codes from "Nerdused".

If Craiglist has a fake Rolex for sale at $5,000, Craigslist is not liable in any way. To say that it must be real because it's on Craigslist is funny.
Last edited by RxMills on Jan 24th, 2023 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
12155 posts
111978 upvotes
Ontario
I tthought it was GameStop.
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
Jan 2 - 29th Member Savings (Costco)
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
13628 posts
13658 upvotes
Oil Country
RxMills wrote: Fake news. Check Reddit boards, Better Business Bureau sites, etc. Don't believe the 5 Reviewers on Stacksocial's site, that Stacksocial allowed to be posted. There are many examples of people needing replacement codes, getting messages of code already used, having their credit card details "reused", etc.

Stacksocial (and many other sites) are just reseller hubs. They don't have an inventory of Microsoft codes that they purchased from Microsoft or any other dealer. Therefore, they are not liable. They use codes from global install code finders in Europe and Asia. Most of the agressive marketing campaigns get their codes from "Nerdused".

If Craiglist has a fake Rolex for sale at $5,000, Craigslist is not liable in any way. To say that it must be real because it's on Craigslist is funny.
Strange... been using Stacksocial for nearly 10 years and have never experienced any issues when buying digital and hardware items. I've also received refunds without issue for things that didn't work properly or as expected.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
3466 posts
3976 upvotes
GVRD
fudge_u wrote: Here's the Stacksocial link.
They've sold thousands of codes, sourced from global install code finders.
Yet, only 24 5-star reviews after all these years. So funny.

Reddit:
I bought for Mac, and haven't gotten my key. Support is through whatsapp and email, and gotten no responses from them. Really feeling like I just got scammed out of $50.
Avoid avoid avoid - Bought MS Office Professional 2019 but it deactivated just 8 months afterwards and obviously you can't get hold off anyone to help.
Buy at your own risk! Cannot redeem my voucher and no one to talk to! Do not respond to emails. 11 December 2022
Don't waste your money. I was unable to load the licence key - it was rejected as invalid several times. I messaged the company but no reply. Complete waste of money and time.
I just attempted to purchase this (and paid for it) on January 20/22. I received the code from StackSocial and went to the topfastkeys to redeem it. The website threw up an error page so I hopped onto the chat and someone from the company said they were a bit overwhelmed and would get back to me. Of course they didn't and now the key does not work. Instead it says that the 'redemption limit has been reached' and suggests you buy it from them. TLDR: It's a scam.
Last edited by RxMills on Jan 24th, 2023 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2018
2190 posts
1590 upvotes
Vancouver
darknebulae wrote: Because it’s the same thing, just through stack (GameStop mentions deal is through stackcommerce, which is the rebrand of stacksocial) and those deals pop up every month on this forum. Don’t be swayed by the “GameStop” source just because some lazy content writers don’t care.

Most of this forum will see “GameStop” and think “hey it’s legit”. Far from truth.
If you notice, the link is from GameSpot and not GameStop
Can't Stop. Won't Stop. Game Stop
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
3466 posts
3976 upvotes
GVRD
rfdnewbie6910 wrote: how does the key stop working? i thought once u register it, it either works or it doesnt, u dont need to continue to enter the key everyday, so how does it stop working?
You raise a good point. Most people will be fine for at least 6-12 months, using resold install codes, whatever their original license was, until the make a change. Absolutely no difference between $2 codes and $50 codes, since they're sourced from the same international install code finders. One finder can operate under 20 different names. They are all short-term deals and then the supplier is out.

Changes may occur with...
- changing drives
- moving installation to a new system
- product updates
- license used outside of it's original intent (e.g. developer license, MSDN subscription of owner expired, etc.)
- and a few other actions that flag Microsoft's automated engine to re-verify the user

If you buy any of these Office resold codes at $2 or $50, you're protected by your credit card for about 30 days or so. But many people don't want to use their real credit card because your personal details can/will end up with the overseas code supplier; but not likely your credit card, though there are reported instances on Reddit of people's credit card details being stolen shortly afterwards.
Last edited by RxMills on Jan 24th, 2023 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.