Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Gamestop.ca

Battlefield 2042 (PS5 or XBox Series X) - $59.99 starts December 10th

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2021 10:24 am
May 9, 2005
181 posts
193 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK

[Gamestop.ca] Battlefield 2042 (PS5 or XBox Series X) - $59.99 starts December 10th

Preview Flyer is out on Flipp. Runs December 10-24.

https://ibb.co/C6R47kc

**Edit: Price was an error. Correct price of $59.99 in title.
Last edited by thenetstud on Dec 9th, 2021 1:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thread Summary
The price is actually $59.99 for PS5 and Xbox Series S|X it's been fixed on https://www.gamestop.ca/HolidayFlyer
126 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2018
9964 posts
40771 upvotes
Owch... this hurts... I paid $139.99+tax for ultimate edition :(

Awesome game tho! PM me if you want to play! (I'm on PC, but it's crossplatform)
hi :)
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
2611 posts
2204 upvotes
Canada
So happy I held out! I love Battlefield so I will go into this with tempered expectations but I know ill still enjoy it especially at $49

Edit: Yikes... maybe ill wait lol
Last edited by jbone14 on Dec 8th, 2021 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 22, 2020
5 posts
10 upvotes
I bought it as Gamestop at full price but I managed to not open it so I will get a refund and buy it back haha.Thank you!

Edit : Or dont buy it back at all
Last edited by domfisher on Dec 8th, 2021 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 23, 2007
127 posts
286 upvotes
Toronto
Is it good at this price? I thought reviews were very bad
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2013
1206 posts
1392 upvotes
I'm not sure even worth $49.99 yet. The game was really buggy and the maps/gameplay just felt kinda....bland to me. Some of the portal maps are alright but that isn't a whole lot...
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2019
2313 posts
3013 upvotes
can you get refund like on Steam?
-------------------
Rogers mobile + internet
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
5819 posts
3844 upvotes
West Vancouver
JoJoCan wrote: Owch... this hurts... I paid $139.99+tax for ultimate edition :(

Awesome game tho! PM me if you want to play! (I'm on PC, but it's crossplatform)
This kind of prices coming was written in the sky...
Jun 18, 2010
219 posts
233 upvotes
I don't have this game but been following it very closely since release.

Seems like a major deviation from battlefield and apparently the game sucks ass. Watch the angry joe review to get the full picture on why.

Game is riddled with game breaking bugs. Movement is clunky. Gunplay is unsatisfying and the game has a major identity crisis. It wants to be Warzone/Battlefield/Overwatch/Escape From Tarkov all at the same time but does nothing well like those games.

Destruction is non-existent and no scoreboard is present in the game. You cant party up with more than 4 buddies as well as no Voice Chat. You also can't lock your party or make it private. Maps are very large even for 64v64 and have next to no cover. Vehicle spam is rampant as you can call in vehicles on demand.

Breakthrough is broken on certain maps as the defenders just keep calling in vehicles and hold poorly designed sector points to win. Portal seems to be the redeeming quality but apparently that also carries the bad design decisions from the main game over.

Conclusion? Everyone's wallet should be safe from this. Don't give EA your money, folks. They have not learned and will not learn unless it affects them financially.
“I will tell you how to become rich. Close the doors. Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful.” - Warren Buffet
May 13, 2020
171 posts
191 upvotes
Can't wait to see this for $20 soon. Hold your wallets
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
1179 posts
458 upvotes
Montreal
The game is currently an unfinished buggy mess.

They are at least a year out from fixing all the issues, if they do at all.

BUYER BEWARE.

I'm going to predict two things:

1) this game will get way cheaper

2) they will pull support of this game early and it will always be an incomplete buggy mess.
HOW CAN I BE GOING BROKE WHEN I'M SAVING SO MUCH MONEY!?
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
2322 posts
2836 upvotes
Ottawa
xboxrrr wrote: I'm not sure even worth $49.99 yet. The game was really buggy and the maps/gameplay just felt kinda....bland to me. Some of the portal maps are alright but that isn't a whole lot...
Yeah BF is my fave line of games and the beta of this game was laughable. Definitely wasn't buying it in that state. Thankfully they made massive changes to the game with a huge update. It's still very clunky and not nearly as beautiful as past games, even BF4 looks better in a lot of ways. Plus there's no scoreboard!! What a dumb concept. I hope they change a lot more and perhaps I'll buy it for this price but it would be tough to swallow given that the past titles were $40 or less when I bought them early on. BF4 was free the day it was released at Future Shop, just had to trade in some old games (who remembers that?!)

Also, if I buy the Series X version listed here, can I play it on my other 3 regular XB1s? Not buying a crap game twice that's for sure. Once is enough Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
Last edited by aidendanger on Dec 8th, 2021 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 21, 2019
1188 posts
814 upvotes
Fun game, fun series. Much better than COD.
You hear bad news about this game because the vocal incels throwing a fit ever since BFV added women into a WW setting. Now I guess they're pissed because there are even more women in the future and now with different races.

I'm not joking.

https://incels.is/threads/people-buying ... els.90753/

https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/2714 ... y-the-game

https://www.theverge.com/2018/5/24/1738 ... -2-history

BF with problems? Say it isn't so. Even BC2 had shitload of problems when it was released, BF4 took years to be good.

Now in a pandemic, with DICE pushing the series forward in terms of scale, even Digital Foundry calls this a technical marvel, these mouth breathers are expecting a flawless launch. GTFO!
Last edited by Kagaho on Dec 8th, 2021 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 26, 2013
597 posts
1192 upvotes
given halo comes out today and the horrible state of the battlefield game (4/10 from angury joe). I'd hold on until they fix the game or drop to 20$
Nov 23, 2017
417 posts
378 upvotes
Did they change it? Ps5 version says $59.99 now
Deal Addict
May 2, 2004
1783 posts
540 upvotes
BF with a poor launch? Shocking. I waited until BFV had a chance to fix the wrongs and had a blast with it (waited a year and picked it up for $20).

The last BF2042 patch before the end of year dropped and they are fixing a bunch of things including the ridiculous rooftop points on breakthrough (they are now gone), plus a nerf to some vehicles.

I think they will fix most of the issues over time but another game squandered by EA trying to cash in rather than let it bake for a little longer. I was so looking forward to it.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
2282 posts
874 upvotes
Kleinburg, ON.
Wife been playing this.

She said it totally sucks for all the reasons that have been mentioned, and she got a refund on Steam within 2 weeks of fully playing it trying to like it. It's a big, buggy mess and doesn't have the same Battlefield feeling anymore.

She's back on BF4 and BFV now.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)