Battlefield 2042 (PS5 or XBox Series X) - $59.99 starts December 10th

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2021 10:24 am
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1481 posts
1681 upvotes
Ottawa
Kagaho wrote: Fun game, fun series. Much better than COD.
You hear bad news about this game because the vocal incels throwing a fit ever since BFV added women into a WW setting. Now I guess they're pissed because there are even more women in the future and now with different races.

I'm not joking.

https://incels.is/threads/people-buying ... els.90753/

https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/2714 ... y-the-game

https://www.theverge.com/2018/5/24/1738 ... -2-history

BF with problems? Say it isn't so. Even BC2 had shitload of problems when it was released, BF4 took years to be good.

Now in a pandemic, with DICE pushing the series forward in terms of scale, even Digital Foundry calls this a technical marvel, these mouth breathers are expecting a flawless launch. GTFO!
Yes, how dare people expect a game to work as advertised at launch when they pay $90+ for it well in advance Face With Rolling EyesFace With Rolling EyesFace With Rolling Eyes

Just because it's happened in the past, doesn't make it right. If you're happy being a guinea pig for them to sort their shit out, have at it. But pretty sure it makes you the mouth breather. Smirking Face
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1481 posts
1681 upvotes
Ottawa
JKKim2983 wrote: Wife been playing this.

She said it totally sucks for all the reasons that have been mentioned, and she got a refund on Steam within 2 weeks of fully playing it trying to like it. It's a big, buggy mess and doesn't have the same Battlefield feeling anymore.

She's back on BF4 and BFV now.

Same, glad there's still many playing BF4. They should just keep offering map packs for it at a price instead of releasing half finished crap for others to test at $90 a pop.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
1444 posts
459 upvotes
GTA
I'm a huge battlefield fan, but this game is absolutely garbage. It's not even the issues that they can fix with patches -- it has huge fundamental flaws that would take a very long time to fix (if they even bother).

This game is headed to the clearance bin very soon. Don't buy at this price, wait and get it for $10 soon when it's abandoned.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2013
1010 posts
1095 upvotes
Kagaho wrote: Fun game, fun series. Much better than COD.
Sort of apples to oranges but I had more fun with Vanguard than BF 2042.

The maps on 2042 are huge and very open with sort of bland environments. I just find it didn't lead to very fun gameplay.
Dec 26, 2010
158 posts
60 upvotes
Simcoe County, Ontar…
Ive played a bunch of rounds of Conquest during the early access and I enjoyed it. My only issue was the lack of scoreboard. Not sure if I should wait for it to get cheaper though.
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2007
1058 posts
648 upvotes
Save your money for the next battlefield. The person from the original COD is in charge for the next one...
Aug 24, 2016
829 posts
719 upvotes
Waiting for dollarama $1 bargain bin
Jul 11, 2021
125 posts
187 upvotes
moofachuka wrote: Save your money for the next battlefield. The person from the original COD is in charge for the next one...
This.

2042 was lead by the Candy Crush guy. At least he's out after his incompetence.
Last edited by CJDealz on Dec 8th, 2021 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7685 posts
972 upvotes
Waterloo
I play it everyday on pc because I like it they already did 3 major updates and another one is coming this week! It’s a start. It’s getting better if anyone wants to add me as a friend feel free to add me. File_wizardd. I also play bf4 and all the other series.
Dec 22, 2011
546 posts
630 upvotes
$50 is good price to buy anyway.
Will grab one on Friday
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2006
3268 posts
2026 upvotes
Toronto
Waiting for the $9.99 special in 6 months.

Having bought and played every Bf since 1942, this one just doesn’t do it for me.
Apr 9, 2017
164 posts
193 upvotes
ON
In about 6-8 months, EA will realize there no hope for Battlefield 2042 and pull majority of the resources out to work on other stuff.
The barebone team (without management breathing down on their neck) will pull some decent changes on the game and will actually make the game good.
By then the game will be $20 and will be worth to be purchase then.

Source: Battlefront 2, Battlefield 5
Mar 19, 2015
400 posts
677 upvotes
Boboabc wrote: In about 6-8 months, EA will realize there no hope for Battlefield 2042 and pull majority of the resources out to work on other stuff.
The barebone team (without management breathing down on their neck) will pull some decent changes on the game and will actually make the game good.
By then the game will be $20 and will be worth to be purchase then.

Source: Battlefront 2, Battlefield 5
Yep I also got burned by Battlefield V by buying it too close to its release date, even on sale.
Oct 7, 2017
919 posts
1542 upvotes
I'm not here to defend the game, because I really didn't enjoy the few hours of it that I played and I uninstalled it, but Metacritic user reviews, or any user reviews, get brigaded so often, it's pretty pointless to listen to their ramblings.

The game is not a 2/10, that's silly IMO. But it's incredibly mediocre. I enjoyed the last few but this one missed the mark IMO.
Oct 7, 2017
919 posts
1542 upvotes
I want to mention, if you are curious if you'll enjoy this game, spend the $5 and play 10 hours of it with EA Play. If you don't like it, no big deal, $5 gone. Better than buying it at $55-70 and having to sell it or keep it if you don't like it.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
23119 posts
28633 upvotes
JKKim2983 wrote: Wife been playing this.

She said it totally sucks for all the reasons that have been mentioned, and she got a refund on Steam within 2 weeks of fully playing it trying to like it. It's a big, buggy mess and doesn't have the same Battlefield feeling anymore.

She's back on BF4 and BFV now.
I didn't like BFV, but it looks like a masterpiece compared to this garbage.

BFV has also gotten a little better with age and refinement.
Apr 23, 2011
914 posts
127 upvotes
TORONTO
The game got low scores because...
- It's a buggy mess that constantly crashes
- It plays more like super dumbed down CoD, rather than BF
- It lacks a campaign mode, despite being full priced
- Despite lacking a campaign mode, no extra work was done in multiplayer
- Same as above, but now buildings are not even destructible. A downgrade from previous BF titles
- Game balance is awful, and the meta is DMR and hovercraft
- Even if you want to play with your friends, the game will randomly throw you and your friends into different squads
- You can't kick random person from your squad, you can't even invite your friend into your squad

TLDR
Okay, so with series titles, what you should normally expect, are a few new features that get added to the game. Maybe some older features got a tweak or something.
Like, the game should entice you to leave its predecessor in some way.
Whereas, in BF2042, you get fewer features than the previous title, building destruction being taken out being a major L, and all the tweaks really don't work out.
So why would you buy this? Just buy the previous title, and enjoy that.