Gamestop.ca

Battlefield 2042 (PS5 or XBox Series X) - $59.99 starts December 10th

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2021 10:24 am
Aug 29, 2010
594 posts
458 upvotes
Toronto
fudge_u wrote: Based on a previous comment.
Check out this video, you can see how long it takes to reload, very much not like Warzone, or Call of Duty in general.

I'm actually coming straight off of Back4Blood, which plays very much like CoD, and I really had to kind of change gears to play this game. It's always felt like from arcade to milsim it was Cod -> Battlefield -> Arma. This game feels like they went slightly more to the Arma feel. I think a lot of people claim it's like Warzone just because of the grappling hook (which was actually already in BF2) and the wingsuit.

The wingsuit, yes, is probably the most legitimately thing in the game like Call of Duty. But the grappling hook, for example, takes like 2 seconds to reload if you miss your shot, and you don't move very fast with it either. It's also a significant cooldown between using it, so you can't just zip around like Spiderman or anything, you basically just use it to get up a building or ledge.

I've seen people also say that the sliding makes it like CoD/Apex, but honestly the majority of my fights don't have someone just sliding into me shooting, and if they do, the person standing their ground feels like they have the advantage anyway. It's nothing like commando pro where people are just surfing around the map insta-killing, there's a lot of punishment for **** up your timing in this game.
Aug 29, 2010
594 posts
458 upvotes
Toronto
Feels Good Man wrote: Nah, it's faster when you get into some capture points compared to other titles. Though it doesn't seem like it when travelling from one place to the other cause of how massive the maps are.
The TTK is faster when you're in close quarters, if that's what you mean, but it's actually slower than the TTK in BFV, which a lot of people had an issue with.

Plus, if they ever tweak it properly, Hardcore mode is actually back in the game, so there's a direct comparison of exactly how much faster the game can really play. And even hardcore mode is nowhere near as quick-paced as Call of Duty's hardcore mode.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7685 posts
972 upvotes
Waterloo
Origin has it for 53.99 fyi great deal for a good game
Deal Guru
Sep 14, 2003
10777 posts
802 upvotes
Mississauga
By all accounts, this game is one of the worst AAA FPS releases ever. Buggy, stupid, and poorly designed.
4chan melts your brain.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)