Expired Hot Deals

Gamestop.ca

Call of Duty: Vanguard Pre Order get $25/$30 off with Cold War Trade In *All PS5/PS4 Players can Play for Free Aug 27-29

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 1st, 2021 12:24 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7634 upvotes
Toronto

[Gamestop.ca] Call of Duty: Vanguard Pre Order get $25/$30 off with Cold War Trade In *All PS5/PS4 Players can Play for Free Aug 27-29

Just pre ordered at EB Games or cough cough Gamestop Canada, they are giving $25 for Cold War last gen or $30 for Cold War on PS5/Xbox Series X towards Vanguard.

**Just Announced** All PS5/PS4 players will be able to play Vanguard Multiplayer first for free from Aug 27-29

Last edited by Guest2274885 on Aug 22nd, 2021 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
39 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
7136 posts
6230 upvotes
Ottawa
I'm excited for this game. I like WW2-era games but I know some people have grown tired of them. World at War brings back some great highschool memories.
With Fido Mobile!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7634 upvotes
Toronto
Auditore212 wrote: I'm excited for this game. I like WW2-era games but I know some people have grown tired of them. World at War brings back some great highschool memories.
ya same, expecting a lot of dislikes and hate but thought I share it anyway :)
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2019
1007 posts
2765 upvotes
Nexzen wrote: ya same, expecting a lot of dislikes and hate but thought I share it anyway :)
You'll get hate because it's a preorder.

You should never preorder.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2020
2299 posts
2085 upvotes
Nexzen wrote: ya same, expecting a lot of dislikes and hate but thought I share it anyway :)
It only gets hate because for so many people, its all they play. It somehow annoys people that there is a game they personally don't like that is popular.
Mar 27, 2021
80 posts
134 upvotes
quantman wrote: You'll get hate because it's a preorder.

You should never preorder.
I just think it's a cold deal cause some of us are still playing cold war and dare I say... enjoying it?Flushed Face
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2019
1193 posts
689 upvotes
I just hate how cod became an annual game. Maybe my memory is off but I remember playing MW2 and shit for a while and was so hyped for black ops it felt like it was a 2yr thing but maybe time was slower for my carefree youthful self.... Can't trade in a digital copy of cold war.
Mar 27, 2021
80 posts
134 upvotes
PirateAngel3000 wrote: I just hate how cod became an annual game. Maybe my memory is off but I remember playing MW2 and shit for a while and was so hyped for black ops it felt like it was a 2yr thing but maybe time was slower for my carefree youthful self.... Can't trade in a digital copy of cold war.
I remember it always being a 1 year thing. I started with COD4 then got into it with WAW. As soon as MW2 came out, hackers started showing up in lobbies on WAW making it less and less fun, until it was unplayable. This wasn't even on the PC, but on the PS3. Happened every game since and same thing now if I boot up MW2019.
Last edited by BaleDt on Aug 20th, 2021 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7634 upvotes
Toronto
PirateAngel3000 wrote: I just hate how cod became an annual game. Maybe my memory is off but I remember playing MW2 and shit for a while and was so hyped for black ops it felt like it was a 2yr thing but maybe time was slower for my carefree youthful self.... Can't trade in a digital copy of cold war.
always been yearly lol I remember going to the Best Buy midnight launches on Yonge and Dundas every year and always around exam week lol
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
2333 posts
1920 upvotes
Ottawa
It was 2 years per developer/studio, not for the actual franchise.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2019
1193 posts
689 upvotes
Nexzen wrote: always been yearly lol I remember going to the Best Buy midnight launches on Yonge and Dundas every year and always around exam week lol
I went there in my first year of uni which was Ghosts at the time and got a hat and nearly one the 1v1 thing but my friend did and got the grenade cup.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2019
1193 posts
689 upvotes
NoCountry4RFDer wrote: It was 2 years per developer/studio, not for the actual franchise.
Back when it was only the 2, now its 3, but the one helps the other 2 on every game. I think IF stopped though now idk
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2019
1193 posts
689 upvotes
BaleDt wrote: I remember it always being a 1 year thing. I started with COD4 then got into it with WAW. As soon as MW2 came out, hackers started showing up in lobbies on WAW making it less and less fun, until it was unplayable. This wasn't even on the PC, but on the PS3. Happened every game since and same thing now if I boot up MW2019.
Yeah cod 4 was the first one I got to play as well but mostly watched my older brother. Then WaW I became really into the Nazi zombies mode. Semper Fi MW2 was good too. But yes PS3 hackers ruined a lot of games but I still would hold my own at the times. Still remember killing the invisible hacker a few times in a free for all
May 30, 2021
326 posts
399 upvotes
Cod has always been an annual game though. There were different developers working on the games. Infinity ward did the MW series, and treyarc did the wolrd at war & black ops series. Then sledgehammer came and did Advanced Warfare.

Basically went infinity ward- treycarc, infinity ward- treyarc, and so on
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2013
1075 posts
1175 upvotes
Well the first few games were not annual and the initial alternating between WW2 games and early Modern Warfare games was much more stark.

Now with the exception of WWII(2017) the past decade has basically all been modern/futuristic COD games.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2019
1193 posts
689 upvotes
xCameron94 wrote: Cod has always been an annual game though. There were different developers working on the games. Infinity ward did the MW series, and treyarc did the wolrd at war & black ops series. Then sledgehammer came and did Advanced Warfare.

Basically went infinity ward- treycarc, infinity ward- treyarc, and so on
Yeah, I was just musing that my world moved slower when I was a kid and had no responsibilities. Now I play cod like 10 times in a year and it just feels like bam there's a new one and I didn't even hardly play the last one so I'm not getting as hyped. For me, I'm excited for the new halo.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2010
1204 posts
1762 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone considering this? I will give $30 for xbox one version of cold war for anyone in Burlington ON area PM me. Thats better then $25 + tax. I think this is an avg deal
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
4260 posts
4601 upvotes
Whitby
Friends don't let friends preorder games that will be 1/2 the price in a few months after release. Enjoy your backlogs.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1916 posts
1173 upvotes
I see people selling this game $40-$60+ if you trade in for $25/$30 your losing out on potential $ but then no meeting someone random etc.
EB GS will obv be selling the game for $50-$70 that's how they make some profit I get it.