Expired Hot Deals

Gamestop.ca

[Dec 3-5] PS4 Console trade-in at retail value when trading towards PS5 or Xbox Series S/X bundles

Jun 1, 2004
468 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto
Perhaps these employees are unaware of the fine print:
In store only! Limit 1 trade per customer. Trade credit bump only applies towards PS5 / XBOX SERIES X|S Console bundle. Trade credit may be put towards future PS5/Xbox Series X|S Console bundles with no guaranteed date of when stock will be available. Cannot be combined with other Trade offers including EDGE. Trade must be in full working condition. Altered consoles will not be accepted for trade. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at any time. No substitutions will be made. No rainchecks.
gunchoz8 wrote: Great deal if your local stores accept waitlist/backorders.

None of mine do unfortunately. ;(
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
2464 posts
1623 upvotes
Guess we'll have to wait to see what these "bundles" are.

Definitely going to try to trade my OG PS4 for a Series S.
Aug 27, 2010
540 posts
259 upvotes
Toronto
zigmanroxie wrote: $300 for the basic is a great deal. Pay about 400$ for a PS5...sell for 1000$, wait to buy another at retail with your 600$ profit
You have to buy a bundle which is a game and controller. You will have no profit after you sell the bundle let alone $600.
Temp. Banned
Apr 15, 2011
5157 posts
1887 upvotes
Scarborough
Well this isn't really that amazing of a deal. I had a ps5 since launch for 8 months until my bro took it with him. Anyways, the only thing I was playing was ps4 games on it. It was pretty useless. On the other hand there were a bunch of xbox games I could play on gamepass so the series X was worth it. I ended up just picking up a ps4 on kijiji again after my bro took the ps5 and its worked out well.

I was planning on purchasing a ps5 when it dropped in price, or the slim released, but this is a decent deal too. On the other hand, I don't want to lose progress on the ps4 games I'm playing. This is a big difference between xbox and playstation. On xbox it doesn't matter if you play a game on pc, xbox one, your phone etc, you can just pick up and play on your xbos series x and it will continue flawlessly. The ps5 is a completely different trash case, you basically lose all your progress in any game you played on the ps4 and need to start from scratch.

Meh, guess I'll wait on the ps5.
Jul 23, 2010
779 posts
369 upvotes
Toronto
blaznazn22 wrote: I was planning on purchasing a ps5 when it dropped in price, or the slim released, but this is a decent deal too. On the other hand, I don't want to lose progress on the ps4 games I'm playing. This is a big difference between xbox and playstation. On xbox it doesn't matter if you play a game on pc, xbox one, your phone etc, you can just pick up and play on your xbos series x and it will continue flawlessly. The ps5 is a completely different trash case, you basically lose all your progress in any game you played on the ps4 and need to start from scratch.

Facepalm. Seriously? You had the PS5 for 8 months and you didn’t know you could bring your save over? Lmao
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
3010 posts
3271 upvotes
Montreal
blaznazn22 wrote: Well this isn't really that amazing of a deal. I had a ps5 since launch for 8 months until my bro took it with him. Anyways, the only thing I was playing was ps4 games on it. It was pretty useless. On the other hand there were a bunch of xbox games I could play on gamepass so the series X was worth it. I ended up just picking up a ps4 on kijiji again after my bro took the ps5 and its worked out well.

I was planning on purchasing a ps5 when it dropped in price, or the slim released, but this is a decent deal too. On the other hand, I don't want to lose progress on the ps4 games I'm playing. This is a big difference between xbox and playstation. On xbox it doesn't matter if you play a game on pc, xbox one, your phone etc, you can just pick up and play on your xbos series x and it will continue flawlessly. The ps5 is a completely different trash case, you basically lose all your progress in any game you played on the ps4 and need to start from scratch.

I was able to transfer PS4 saves to my PS5 and dont loose my progress.
Jul 30, 2010
324 posts
112 upvotes
Woodbridge
This is sick. I'm gonna do it. I'm getting more than I paid for it a few years ago. That's wild
Jul 30, 2010
324 posts
112 upvotes
Woodbridge
SquadG wrote: I was able to transfer PS4 saves to my PS5 and dont loose my progress.
Is this possible to do prior to actually having the PS5?
Jan 5, 2006
380 posts
704 upvotes
Hamilton
I don't understand why they hide console prices when they are out of stock. Why have a promo for the purchase an item if the customer can't even figure out how much it costs?
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1891 posts
787 upvotes
Calgary
Crap, I thought $240 for my 1TB was a good deal. Don't really regret it though, at least I have a PS5. Who knows when you'll get one now since they've announced production cutbacks.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
5141 posts
4558 upvotes
Toronto
Thecheapindian wrote: Do they require just the console? Or the cables and controller as well?

Also does the system have to be fully working, do they check?
they normally want a working unit with controller and power cable

sometimes they will just plug it into the wall and make sure it powers on, but i have heard of them plugging into a screen and making sure the drive and controller actually work as ppl try to bring in their broken units and controllers and get turned away
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2011
5964 posts
3325 upvotes
I don't think they take consoles trade-in and then you wait until PS5 or XSX is in stock.

You can only do this if it's in stock. But maybe they changed rules here I don't know.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2009
1573 posts
1178 upvotes
Quebec City
Anyone knows what are those "bundles"?
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2009
1573 posts
1178 upvotes
Quebec City
If you don't want a bundle like me, here's the prices for the other deals :

https://www.gamestop.ca/Views/Locale/Co ... 201129.pdf

PS4 PRO CONSOLE 1TB $300.00
PS4 SLIM CONSOLE 1TB $250.00
PS4 SLIM CONSOLE 500GB $250.00
XBOX ONE X CONSOLE 1TB $250.00
PS4 ORIGINAL CONSOLE 500GB $200.00
XBOX ONE S CONSOLE 2TB $200.00
XBOX ONE S CONSOLE 1TB $200.00
XBOX ONE S 500GB $200.00
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
2340 posts
2468 upvotes
Surrey
trinxified wrote: I don't think they take consoles trade-in and then you wait until PS5 or XSX is in stock.

You can only do this if it's in stock. But maybe they changed rules here I don't know.
Yes they’re supposed to have changed the rules as per the official website website. Some staff are just being ignorant
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
1068 posts
601 upvotes
Richmond
Someone wake me up when they include Xbox One X's to the trades
Jul 23, 2010
779 posts
369 upvotes
Toronto
Have to wonder though, how they can keep a wait list the PS5 even in bundle sells in minutes. Combined with mostly everyone jumping on this, the wait could by half a year or longer.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
22348 posts
7585 upvotes
Wonder if I should wait to trade in my PS5 controller. It went wonky on me last night and kept kicking me out of games and apps. Luckily I have a 2nd controller that just needed to be charged. $28 for a trade in seems low though...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)