Expired Hot Deals

Gamestop.ca

[Dec 3-5] PS4 Console trade-in at retail value when trading towards PS5 or Xbox Series S/X bundles

Member
Aug 7, 2008
466 posts
174 upvotes
Robs247 wrote: I did my trade there on Friday at around 4pm. I am also curious as to how many people traded before me. I asked the guy working there how many PS5s they have been getting and he said like 1-3 per week and he expects I should get my PS5 before Christmas sometime.

Also when you go, let me know if you are able to swap out the game for a different one.
I must've come in right after you. I think I was there around 420pm. I didn't get a number of people on the list or a time frame for pick up. I was shocked when I started seeing people on here get calls already. Hopefully they do come in soon. That would be great. I'll let you know if I hear anything but you should be getting the call first.
Newbie
May 19, 2012
60 posts
49 upvotes
LONGUEUIL
Was first at the Gamestop in St-Hyacinthe last Friday, just got the call that they received my PS5 Disc edition this morning :)
Newbie
User avatar
Jan 6, 2016
66 posts
24 upvotes
haushinka wrote: I must've come in right after you. I think I was there around 420pm. I didn't get a number of people on the list or a time frame for pick up. I was shocked when I started seeing people on here get calls already. Hopefully they do come in soon. That would be great. I'll let you know if I hear anything but you should be getting the call first.
Alright awesome thanks. Yeah if I get called I will let you know as you will be getting yours right after me then.
Jr. Member
Nov 13, 2008
133 posts
1 upvote
Anyone from markville locations got their ps5 disc version ? I saw about 15 ps4 traded in, so I'm probably at the bottom on the worklist... curious when are ppl getting theirs? Looks like it's better off to trade in at a smaller town judging from all the ppl who got their ps5.

Also anyone able to get any other games other than Rachet & clank?
Jr. Member
User avatar
Jan 1, 2013
133 posts
125 upvotes
Ontario
Brewmeanie wrote: should ask them about the advertised promo which normally will bump the Trade in value to what the promo is
We talked about the promo, its UP TO ____ that they offer, but as I mentioned, the serial number will give the actual value, so it could be as low as $135 for an OG PS4. Not that great of a deal
Jr. Member
Aug 2, 2012
175 posts
63 upvotes
WHITBY
When I traded in at the Whitby location I was told I couldn't know where I was on the list or how many systems they get a week. Anyone else get told this? Just hope I get my series X before Christmas, kinda hoping it's a halo bundle when it does come. Congratulations to all that got this deal, gotta love redflagdeals!
If you like the deal, throw a thanks to Op.
Member
User avatar
Mar 5, 2018
474 posts
1007 upvotes
Montreal
BigBlarg wrote: Was first at the Gamestop in St-Hyacinthe last Friday, just got the call that they received my PS5 Disc edition this morning :)
Great for you and for Quebec area! I’m still waiting about a call from Laval (went around 7pm Friday)
Deal Guru
User avatar
Nov 5, 2001
11111 posts
1720 upvotes
Edmonton
CauseBurn wrote: We talked about the promo, its UP TO ____ that they offer, but as I mentioned, the serial number will give the actual value, so it could be as low as $135 for an OG PS4. Not that great of a deal
The other console trade in promo is still in effect until jan 2

PS4 OG $200
PS4 Slim $250
PS4 Pro $300

Xbox one s $200
Xbox one x $250
Sr. Member
Sep 26, 2007
653 posts
118 upvotes
Toronto
Hey guys,
I traded in my PS4 original yesterday for $200 credit towards the PS5 bundle at Upper Canada Mall.
I was surprised to receive a call from Gamestop to pick up the PS5 within 24hrs otherwise it's going to the next person in line.

I have to buy the bundle as follows:
PS5 Console - $699 ( I believe it should be $629)
Another controler - $89.99
Rachet game - $59.99

I am going to see if they will allow me to change the game as my son has Rachet already.
Newbie
User avatar
Jan 6, 2016
66 posts
24 upvotes
jmichou wrote: Hey guys,
I traded in my PS4 original yesterday for $200 credit towards the PS5 bundle at Upper Canada Mall.
I was surprised to receive a call from Gamestop to pick up the PS5 within 24hrs otherwise it's going to the next person in line.

I have to buy the bundle as follows:
PS5 Console - $699 ( I believe it should be $629)
Another controler - $89.99
Rachet game - $59.99

I am going to see if they will allow me to change the game as my son has Rachet already.
Wow lucky that was fast! Let us know if you are able to change the game. Don't see why we wouldn't be able to change it to another Sony game like Spiderman miles morales ultimate edition since it's the same price and a Sony made game.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Feb 28, 2007
716 posts
37 upvotes
jmichou wrote: Hey guys,
I traded in my PS4 original yesterday for $200 credit towards the PS5 bundle at Upper Canada Mall.
I was surprised to receive a call from Gamestop to pick up the PS5 within 24hrs otherwise it's going to the next person in line.

I have to buy the bundle as follows:
PS5 Console - $699 ( I believe it should be $629)
Another controler - $89.99
Rachet game - $59.99

I am going to see if they will allow me to change the game as my son has Rachet already.
I traded my PS4 at Upper Canada Mall yesterday as well. Haven't received a call yet. I was told the console is $629, no way should It be $699. Did you pick yours up yet?
Newbie
Apr 6, 2020
32 posts
45 upvotes
Traded in my ps4 at square one mississauga on friday at 11am, just picked up my console today.
Sr. Member
Nov 30, 2012
832 posts
782 upvotes
MONTR
jmichou wrote: Hey guys,
I traded in my PS4 original yesterday for $200 credit towards the PS5 bundle at Upper Canada Mall.
I was surprised to receive a call from Gamestop to pick up the PS5 within 24hrs otherwise it's going to the next person in line.

I have to buy the bundle as follows:
PS5 Console - $699 ( I believe it should be $629)
Another controler - $89.99
Rachet game - $59.99

I am going to see if they will allow me to change the game as my son has Rachet already.

Why do you have to buy the bundle ? You did not get the upgrade offer promo, you did the regular trade in (the promo that expires on Jan 2). There should be no reason why they are forcing you to buy a ps5 / let alone a bundle. Your 200 $ credit can be applied to anything in the store.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2009
2154 posts
2152 upvotes
Ottawa
I kind of regret not getting the charging station at TheSource last week for ~22$. However, not even knowing where we are on the list, I am sure Murphy would tack on an extra month or two if I were to start collecting extra accessories or games right now.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2009
2154 posts
2152 upvotes
Ottawa
kingkam92 wrote: Why do you have to buy the bundle ? You did not get the upgrade offer promo, you did the regular trade in (the promo that expires on Jan 2). There should be no reason why they are forcing you to buy a ps5 / let alone a bundle. Your 200 $ credit can be applied to anything in the store.
I am guessing it was because of the "bundle" SKU that puts you on a waitlist. They also have only been selling bundles for the PS5 lately?
Jr. Member
May 14, 2015
121 posts
64 upvotes
kingkam92 wrote: Why do you have to buy the bundle ? You did not get the upgrade offer promo, you did the regular trade in (the promo that expires on Jan 2). There should be no reason why they are forcing you to buy a ps5 / let alone a bundle. Your 200 $ credit can be applied to anything in the store.
as far as I know, all the retailers sell ps5 in bundle, except shoppers
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 30, 2006
5589 posts
896 upvotes
luvfibe wrote: When I traded in at the Whitby location I was told I couldn't know where I was on the list or how many systems they get a week. Anyone else get told this? Just hope I get my series X before Christmas, kinda hoping it's a halo bundle when it does come. Congratulations to all that got this deal, gotta love redflagdeals!
No way it would be the Halo limited bundle, would definitely be the regular console.
Sr. Member
Nov 30, 2012
832 posts
782 upvotes
MONTR
MikeDDD wrote: as far as I know, all the retailers sell ps5 in bundle, except shoppers

The guy is being forced to buy a bundle though, it's kinda fraudulent.

This promo - https://www.gamestop.ca/Views/Locale/Co ... 201129.pdf
Gives 200 $ for his original ps4, he is NOT required to buy a bundle / nor a ps5. As I mentioned he can take his 200 on a gift card, or take his 200 and put it towards a pre-order.

He can also put that 200 towards a ps5, a ps5 bundle is not needed.

That manager/ gamestop is kinda screwing the other guy.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 11, 2006
1933 posts
477 upvotes
Thornhill
Eaton Center Mall location called for pickup

Make sure they apply the trade in pretax. I saved another $58.50 with my PS4 pro trade in.

Had to take the bundle, no substitutions. Ratchet game, and choice of colour on controller (Black, Red, White (don’t think they had stock on white))

Total $822.87
Ahhh Papoy

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)