Expired Hot Deals

Gamestop.ca

[Dec 3-5] PS4 Console trade-in at retail value when trading towards PS5 or Xbox Series S/X bundles

Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2005
1367 posts
694 upvotes
Maybe I’m confused but I thought this special promo is for same day trade in / buy?

As in if there is a bundle available you can trade in to get the higher value. But if there isn’t then you get normal trade in value.

Please correct me if I’m wrong

Edit:
Just saw has to be for future systems with no guarantee stock date and no option for gift cards or prepaid visas
Aug 22, 2017
38 posts
23 upvotes
Brewmeanie wrote: yeah, wipe it, deactivate it then factory reset it
oh damn, I sold mine in and did not deactivate the console all I did was wipe it. I wonder if this will give me issues in the future. also seems you can't do it online but you need the console itself. This is what I ran on the console before I sold it in

How to reinstall the PS4 console system software
Reinstalling the system software on your PS4 console will delete all of the data on your PS4 console. This process is often referred to as a "factory" reset or "hard" reset.

Reinstall PS4 system software

Got the file from this page.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/suppo ... -software/

ok thank goodness you can do it online and yeah I had to do my PS4 HA. here is the youtube video telling you how.

Banned
Nov 18, 2021
64 posts
44 upvotes
cjohnnyhere wrote: Any of these games worth anything more then $5
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8
Battlefront Ultimate Edition
Monster Hunter World
Doom
Final Fantasy Type-O HD
Final Fantasy XV
Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection
Minecraft PlayStation 4 Edition

Unopened still in plastic wrap
Shadow of War
Pillars of Eternity
Bioshock the Collection
Wolfenstein II
Nier Automata
Dragon Age Inquisition
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5
World of Final Fantasy
You can check on the website for game trade in values.
Banned
Nov 18, 2021
64 posts
44 upvotes
The best thing about this deal being shared today is I was able to learn that PS5 has backwards compatibility. I never knew. As for trading in my PS4 Slim console for this eh nah as those extras in the bundle are going to be marked up junk. Also any game or games included will be something I likely already have.
Jul 23, 2007
340 posts
269 upvotes
Toronto
Asked for more info and apparently they have a special SKU set up that they can put your trade-in towards that acts like a waitlist.

If I remember correctly, PS5 Disc bundle is with controller & game (Ratchet), PS5 Digital bundle is with controller and $40 accessory (e.g. charger).
Dec 25, 2006
678 posts
579 upvotes
Ottawa
I'm in way in over my head in this thread, because I know absolutely nothing about video games. I was hoping to get a PlayStation 5 for my boys for Christmas. It sounds like you need a note from God to find one in stores, so I have started browsing Kijiji. There are tons of systems for sale, at ungodly prices. Do you think this is probably the best way to go for me at this point, or do you think I should hold out in hopes that there will be more stock before Christmas? I found one seller with a BNIB disc version, and an extra controller for $840. Not exactly a steal, but cheaper than anything I have found so far...which raises major red flags. This is still a lot of money, and I don't want to get ripped off. Are there people really selling 'fake' systems, or would you think most are legit? Sorry for these amateur questions, but I literally know nothing about video games. The last video game i played is Mike Tyson's PunchOut. Thanks so much everyone.
Mar 14, 2013
637 posts
690 upvotes
Toronto
marksmithy69 wrote: I'm in way in over my head in this thread, because I know absolutely nothing about video games. I was hoping to get a PlayStation 5 for my boys for Christmas. It sounds like you need a note from God to find one in stores, so I have started browsing Kijiji. There are tons of systems for sale, at ungodly prices. Do you think this is probably the best way to go for me at this point, or do you think I should hold out in hopes that there will be more stock before Christmas? I found one seller with a BNIB disc version, and an extra controller for $840. Not exactly a steal, but cheaper than anything I have found so far...which raises major red flags. This is still a lot of money, and I don't want to get ripped off. Are there people really selling 'fake' systems, or would you think most are legit? Sorry for these amateur questions, but I literally know nothing about video games. The last video game i played is Mike Tyson's PunchOut. Thanks so much everyone.
Don’t buy that, too low for KIJIJI, if it was RFD I’d trust it. If you can just hold out, your kids can wait just give them a controller or something to get excited for whenever it comes in stock.
Dec 25, 2006
678 posts
579 upvotes
Ottawa
btwitsmatt wrote: Don’t buy that, too low for KIJIJI, if it was RFD I’d trust it. If you can just hold out, your kids can wait just give them a controller or something to get excited for whenever it comes in stock.
Thanks for the reply. I have the same thought as you. Way too cheap, and it has been there for a few days.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2015
3173 posts
3376 upvotes
Toronto, ON
marksmithy69 wrote: I'm in way in over my head in this thread, because I know absolutely nothing about video games. I was hoping to get a PlayStation 5 for my boys for Christmas. It sounds like you need a note from God to find one in stores, so I have started browsing Kijiji. There are tons of systems for sale, at ungodly prices. Do you think this is probably the best way to go for me at this point, or do you think I should hold out in hopes that there will be more stock before Christmas? I found one seller with a BNIB disc version, and an extra controller for $840. Not exactly a steal, but cheaper than anything I have found so far...which raises major red flags. This is still a lot of money, and I don't want to get ripped off. Are there people really selling 'fake' systems, or would you think most are legit? Sorry for these amateur questions, but I literally know nothing about video games. The last video game i played is Mike Tyson's PunchOut. Thanks so much everyone.
Follow twitter pages like https://mobile.twitter.com/ps5stockcanada?lang=en or even on telegram. They post whenever PS5 is in stock. Have to be quick to snatch one.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2004
1558 posts
356 upvotes
Montreal
Can we pause PS+ subscriptions or do they keep going until it expires?

Reason I ask is that thanks to RFD, I have 2-3 years left and if I trade my PS4 in with a year plus wait for PS5....
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
6710 posts
7018 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Who the hell is waiting a year for a PS5? Can you guys stop acting like GS isn't regularly getting stock shipped to stores?
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
2161 posts
1610 upvotes
Fredericton
Check your local Walmarts.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2010
1567 posts
1065 upvotes
Canada
chemicalxv wrote: Who the hell is waiting a year for a PS5? Can you guys stop acting like GS isn't regularly getting stock shipped to stores?
Stores may get stock regularly, but the issue is the quantity that each store gets for each shipment is so low that it's a challenge to beat all the others that are also scouting for a PS5. Not everybody can stroll into a store everyday to check if they received any stock. And it's even harder when restricted to the one store the PS4 is traded into. Most people didn't think after a year the PS5 is released it is still so hard to find.
Dec 11, 2006
366 posts
138 upvotes
Hamilton
So with this promo, could I swap my PS4 Slim (1Tb) for an X-box Series X bundle, or is it only console to console?
my mood today: :|
Jun 13, 2018
31 posts
36 upvotes
I have a spiderman PS4 Pro. I wonder if this is worth it for me to trade in or does the SE go for more online?
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
1997 posts
1164 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone confirmed how this works? Is it like a preorder and Gamestop will hold a console for you, with no ETA on when they will have stock? Or are customers expected to show up at Gamestop physically (possibly only the trade-in location) until they have stock at that moment?
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
3445 posts
3223 upvotes
Oakville, ON
So how much would the non digital s version cost me trading in ?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
6406 posts
4919 upvotes
M-Arkham
rokkzstar wrote: I have a spiderman PS4 Pro. I wonder if this is worth it for me to trade in or does the SE go for more online?
Any special decor on the case? If it's generic black a the same
1x Zoomer $45 for 7GB ,unlimited can wide talk n unlimited txt
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide txt/talk small plan(+3GB bonus )
1x Fido $45 for 4Gb w/ unlimited Canada wide n 1000 int min + LG velvet 5G
Sep 15, 2019
381 posts
1032 upvotes
orleans
Saleaway wrote: The best thing about this deal being shared today is I was able to learn that PS5 has backwards compatibility. I never knew. As for trading in my PS4 Slim console for this eh nah as those extras in the bundle are going to be marked up junk. Also any game or games included will be something I likely already have.
It was a controller, and Ratchet & Clank when I got mine earlier this week. Maybe they will change it, I don't know.

That's 150+tax of additional stuff you have to buy. Keeping in mind, you can trade it back for 50 if you really don't want it, and do not want to deal with Kijiji.

Depending on if they can process the trade in of the game/controller as part of the original purchase, that's still 250+tax off of a PS5 for a redundant PS4 due to backwards compatibility. That is more than you will get on Kijiji, especially in Ontario where tax is substantial at 13 percent.

Obviously, what makes the deal cold for most people isn't the offering, but is that you need to actually find a PS5 in stock. Otherwise, you are without your PS4 indefinitely until you find a PS5.
I will tell my grandchildren about the deal I got on an HP Touchpad at the Bank street staples thanks to rfding.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)