Gamestop.ca Black Friday

PS5, Xbox Series X Bundles In Stock @ 10am ET

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2021 8:24 pm
Nov 23, 2020
348 posts
324 upvotes
Toronto
All I see is the waiting room, and I loaded the site on a few of my devices.
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
Jun 21, 2007
959 posts
208 upvotes
Milton, ON
What a waste of time, sold out.
Mar 2, 2009
570 posts
309 upvotes
Wait, so I was not seeing the cart button because I had to "complete the bundle" by adding several items to cart?
Last edited by derdev on Nov 29th, 2021 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 10, 2011
546 posts
312 upvotes
Ottawa
Failed again. Not giving a penny to scalpers. Will buy something else for my nephew for Christmas.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
43731 posts
7431 upvotes
Roswell79 wrote: Failed again. Not giving a penny to scalpers. Will buy something else for my nephew for Christmas.
Yup! Same here. Shame that some RFD members are scalpers.

Not paying over $100 + over asking.
Last edited by djemzine on Nov 29th, 2021 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blanka
May 29, 2018
455 posts
428 upvotes
Alberta
Such a dramatic rant but ps now gives you about 10x more games then gamepass, and since gamers play games not boxes the PlayStation has consistently more and better games, and when you factor in that gamers play games you can see why the Xbox is redundant because playing all Xbox games at their best quality is only a PC click away while also providing $0 online and PC exclusives. Xbox doesn't technically have a use for the informed gamer, it doesn't provide anything that isn't available somewhere else but better, all your arguments are invalid if you can't play masterpieces like Returnal, darksouls remake, new Ratchet and Clank etc on anything else, the rest is just semantics, games matter
Aug 12, 2020
124 posts
174 upvotes
They're sold out of everything. What a ****ing joke.
Be hungry, be humble.
[OP]
Dec 19, 2018
112 posts
235 upvotes
At this point it would just be more fair if they shipped the consoles to stores and let people buy them up the old way
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
2589 posts
629 upvotes
Woodstock, ON
derdev wrote: Wait, so I was not seeing the cart button because I had to "complete the bundle" by adding several items to cart?
nah it didn't matter. i was able to see the cart button without adding anything else. it just wouldn't load the cart after it was acknowledged as added.
Saving money on things I don't need since 2009. thanks RFD

Woodstock, ON
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
3277 posts
3227 upvotes
Whitby
What steaming pile. Sitting in a queue then page refreshes to out of stock. BOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.......................
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2005
1918 posts
1261 upvotes
ChrisT5598 wrote: At this point it would just be more fair if they shipped the consoles to stores and let people buy them up the old way
They generally do. But even then the same people are buying them all.

The only smart thing they ever did was have a waitlist but most stores abandoned it.
Sep 15, 2019
364 posts
950 upvotes
orleans
I still don't understand the logic of selling them online when there is such limited stock.

It seems like a good opportunity to get people into their stores.

Even Amazon has Whole Foods as a retail outlet.

There will obviously be flippers who change clothes and use fake mustaches to get multiple consoles, but less efficient.
I will tell my grandchildren about the deal I got on an HP Touchpad at the Bank street staples thanks to rfding.
Sep 4, 2009
510 posts
319 upvotes
Calgary
Got to the cart then got sent straight back to the waiting page.
- Don't support hoarding. Do your research, decide on the price you want to pay for it. Don't ever pay more than that.
Apr 18, 2002
541 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto
Seeing the discord bot rooms filling up with successful bot purchases. There is no way to beat these bots - as I've always said, you have better luck buying these in-store.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
1668 posts
1353 upvotes
Guelph
Two waiting rooms open for a half hour. Come out on the other end again empty handed.
Aug 6, 2012
330 posts
175 upvotes
TORONTO
"THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN THE PLAYSTATION 5!

We are currently sold out of all PlayStation 5 units."

Smiling Face With Horns
Mar 2, 2009
570 posts
309 upvotes
A PS5 at current price is not much of a deal.
A PS5 bundle (with how they price the extras) is definitely not.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2004
6289 posts
6792 upvotes
Edmonton
The problem is you're all trying to buy a PS5 for MSRP, and that isn't the price. The actual price is MSRP + $300. It's called inflation + scalpers. Welcome to the new world. Not enough stuff to go around = supply and demand. Thanks covid.